Should Buffalo trade Losman to move up in the draft?

I never thought you could get anymore annoying but you've managed it. It's kind of hard for people to take you seriously when you scale the heights of contradiction like you did here....

"That act includes bouncing passes, coming up small in big games time & time again, not being able to read a defense even though he has been in the league for four years & basically doing the same boneheaded mistakes over & over again."

"...shows that you feel the need to take shots at Edwards everytime you are defending Losman."

BTW, little tirades are what Losman haters like you know best. Frankly, you're the angriest bunch of a-holes on the internet.

Not a losman hater at all, I wish him luck wherever he may end up. I even have his jersey & wore it to some of the games last year. I just dont want him behind center for the bills anymore.

BTW, I am pretty sure people stopped taking you seriously the day you suggested that you would not trade Fred Jackson for Larry Fitzgerald. :thumbsup:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a losman hater at all, I wish him luck wherever he may end up. I even have his jersey & wore it to some of the games last year. I just dont want him behind center for the bills anymore.

BTW, I am pretty sure people stopped taking you seriously the day you suggested that you would not trade Fred Jackson for Larry Fitzgerald. :thumbsup:

I made up for it with my dead-on Superbowl prediction. :lol:

Look, Im going to try to lay this out to you as simply as I can one more time. It is not that people are enamored or sold on Edwards. People like what they saw of him last year as a Rookie & think if he progresses he could turn out to be a decent qb. These same people are tired of Losman's act. That act includes bouncing passes, coming up small in big games time & time again, not being able to read a defense even though he has been in the league for four years & basically doing the same boneheaded mistakes over & over again. After awhile, it gets old. Noone is angry & your little tirade above shows that you feel the need to take shots at Edwards everytime you are defending Losman. I will go on record as saying Edwards is a better all around qb right now, just starting his 2nd year then Losman will ever be.

It is even OK to think, as do I, that he will be a very good quarterback.

Losman was handed the job after having proven zero, yet he had instant hero status. Grown men were on this board making up cute little nicknames for him. It was bizarre.

Now, he still isn't playing well, and it is as if Bills Fans have to qualify their support for a young, promising qb so as not to offend the jilted fanboys.

I cheered for JP in every game he has played. Sometimes, ya just have to let it go.

According to CB, the Packers website made some speculation about picking up JP as a backup to Aaron Rodgers. Maybe he won't be a Bill this season after all? Who cares. If the team decides to stick with Edwards and he shows progress, we're still going to be royally screwed if he gets hurt and we don't have a decent backup. I'd much rather have JP here just in case. So far in college and his rookie season, Trent Edwards has been pretty injury prone. Bottom line: we need Trent Edwards to improve on last year and we need a viable backup option if Trent can't stay healthy.

Losman was handed the job after having proven zero, yet he had instant hero status. Grown men were on this board making up cute little nicknames for him. It was bizarre.

Edwards was handed the job after having proven zero, yet he had instant hero status. Grown men were on this board making up cute little nicknames for him. It was bizarre.

Change one name and your statement still holds true.

No you didnt. You would have to predict the next 20 superbowls correctly to make up for that dumb of a statement.

I hadn't ever seen a freaking Cardinal game in my life with L. Fitzgerald as the starting WR. I was wrong and admitted as much after tuning in to see him that week. Yes Gordio, even I can make a mistake. You must get over this and try to move on with your life my friend.

I hadn't ever seen a freaking Cardinal game in my life with L. Fitzgerald as the starting WR. I was wrong and admitted as much after tuning in to see him that week. Yes Gordio, even I can make a mistake. You must get over this and try to move on with your life my friend.

Nevertheless, it still was a dumb statement & you probably would of been better served to keep your mouth shut you ignorant f*ck. :thumbsup:

Edwards was handed the job after having proven zero, yet he had instant hero status. Grown men were on this board making up cute little nicknames for him. It was bizarre.

Exactly.

It is somewhat amusing watching the Edwards/Losman lovers bash the Edwards/Losman haters for doing pretty much the same thing they have been doing.

In my view the bottomline is this:

1. Edwards is the Bills starter at QB (right now but it is to be hoped and I hope all Bills do that he will make us forget about Jim Kelly with his future exploits) and actually deserves to be because of his great showing for a rookie last year.

2. However, the primary reason he deserves to be our starter right now is because Losman called himself out in the Jax game as make or break for him and I think any reasonable observer judges he broke. Edwards is our starter and deserves to be, but just as JP himself declared when he was handed the starting job over Bledsoe that he had not done enough on the field to deserve it, so to has Edwards not done enough on the field to deserve the starters job.

However, there is theory and there is reality and it is clear in reality that Edwards deserves the starters job far more than Losman who broke in his self-declared make or break game or Hamdan.

3. Edwards did show a lot to build on in his appearances last year. His POISE was unusual for a rookie. He is a smart player with an ability to read defenses beyond that of many rookies. He showed far better mobility than was advertised in the draft. He keeps looking downfield when forced out of the pocket. He hangs in there until the last minute and delivers short passes with great accuracy.

However, before folks get too giddy he has a number of things to work on and which he must prove he can do in real games before he deserves the starter job because of his achievements on the field rather than by default as acceptable and the best option. Specifically, among the things he needs to improve are:

A. His arm appears to be strong enough to throw deep, but he has not yet shown the footwork so that he is more than arming it out there so that he consistently hits the deep throw.

B. He needs to develop the confidence to override an idiot like a Fairchild (or Schonert when he proves to be human)

who calls in dumb plays like the pass that got INT'ed deep in Dallas territory when a chip shot field goal likely would

have won us the game.

C. He needs to demonstrate an ability to play productively in bad weather which he will get plenty of in the Ralph.

D. its way too early to call him injury prone based on one injury as a rookie, however, his college record of injury and the dinger to his wrist which gave JP a chance to win the job back (a chance JP failed at) makes this issue not a worry but a concern we are aware of. Ironically, players often try to prove they are tough enough for the NFL game by taking chances, actually the better approach is for Edwards to show he is smart enough to maintain his close to the edge efforts of hanging on to the ball til the last minute, but to be smart and get rid of it when there is little chance to produce a great play or when all we need is a couple of yards and not a great play. Such is the difficult balance.

I hope Edwards is up to it and based on what he has shown he should be up to it, but one would be a fool to declare him already perfect because he ain't at all.

4. As far as Losman goes, I like the maturity he has shown after the debacle against Jax when he demonstrated he was unable to be a winner on the field consistently with the Fairchild Nonffense. He has demanded a trade and if the Bills get a good offer they should give him his wish. There is little chance he can recover from the Jax failure and be a productive starter here. This is true not because he is a bad player. He is actually a very good player who is young and talented. He has shown flashes of this with a few episodes of late game heroics like he had against NYJ when Edwards got knocked out, on some wonderful athletic scrambles like one where he and Fowler miscued on the snap and Losman not only fielded the oddly shaped rock on a bounce but kept his eyes downfield and completed a pass to Gaines. For those who try to call him a stiff simply note that in the NFL QB ratings (not a perfect distallation but the best we got) Losman actually produces better stats than Edwards. If Edwards were so truly great (he is promising but not great yet) or Losman a complete stiff (he also has problems but is no stiff) it would likely have some reflection in the numbers.

Losman is a young athletic QB with experience and some episodic success as an NFL starter (and not merely the play or game here and there sited above but actually has led the team to some consistent winning streaks under the offensive coaching fools we have had here). If you disagree with this point simply remember back to win Edwards had to take a seat with is bum wrist JP led the team to a string of victories which actually forced the Bills to sit Edwards even when he became healthy and the braintrust desperately wanted to play him.

Losman from what I have seen still has the potential of a good NFL career ahead of him. He has proven unable to consistently run the Bills handcuffed offense which much better suits a player like Edwards from what I have seen. however, if he gets into the right situation with an offense which calls for more improvisation by the QB rather than a more controlled game like we run, my sense is that Losman will do better. Time and again we have seen players be virtually complete losers for one team (or two in Brad Johnson's case) only to see them play far more effectively with a team and a offense that fits their strengths and minimizes their weaknesses.

Who knows for sure (despite the amazing reading of the future that many TSW folks provide) but Losman brings a lot to the table that will make him a good pick-up for a team and an even better one if a team simply waits until they can get him for free next off-season.

While there are some rumors of interest from other teams in JP (the GB talk has been expressed on the web so can probably be ignored and the KC talk makes sense though Herm Edwards has said nothing to confirm it) it makes little sense for a team to make a bid on him now prior to seeing what opportunities the draft gives them. The Bills will still need a vet back-up to play the Frank Reich role for Edwards so trading JP for a draft pick makes little sense (unless we sign a vet). However, just as we found a first day choice after a bunch of RB went early in the draft for Henry, I would not be surprised to see more of a market for JP emerge after the draft. Further, as OTAs playout an particularly if another teams starter goes down in pre-season there might suddenly be a lot of demand for JP. The Bills need a back-up and even though I hope JP never sees the field again without a clipboard in his hand, if we are forced to go with JP so be it.

However, in the big picture it is amusing for now to watch the pots call the kettles black as many extreme ranters whine about Edwards or JP.

I have been reading more and more about how Kansas City wants to trade down. If Herm Edwards were a player for Losman would it be worth it to trade our #11 pick and Losman to be in a position for someone Dorsey? Is this fair compensation for both teams or would we have to throw in a pick (5th rder?) also?

I think we should use Losman to trade down or trade down and get another Qb from another team.

Agreed on both Losman/Edwards extremes.

What's the old saying? "You are what you hate?"

The extremes on both sides see too much of themselves in each other.

While he has his shortcomings, I would say calling him a marginal backup at best is ludicrous. The guy has shown an ability to get something done in the fourth quarter despite his lack of accuracy and despite having one option to throw the ball to. For a relatively inexperienced QB, I'd say he is a more than adequate backup. He may not be Frank Reich, but he's not throwing to Andre Reed, James Lofton and Pete Metzelaars either.

If you think he is John Elway, you are crazy, but you also are crazy if you think he is to blame for all of our problems

No one is to blame for all the problems the team has.

But Losman is a problem and they will get rid of him.