PFW on Losman in "The Way We Hear it"

Sure....that was a few years ago and he won a superbowl. How about last year? You see, you've got nothing except passion for a qb who stinks and was benched for a rookie.

How is Jamarcus looking these days? Better than Trent?

I would bet if you polled 32 GMs, 32 owners, and 32 coaches, all 96 would take Jamarcus Russell over Trent Edwards right now. Just my opinion. It's within the realm of possibility that a couple of the 96 wouldn't. It's a no brainer as far as I am concerned. Virtually everyone thinks Russell has potential to be a superstar.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bet if you polled 32 GMs, 32 owners, and 32 coaches, all 96 would take Jamarcus Russell over Trent Edwards right now. Just my opinion. It's within the realm of possibility that a couple of the 96 wouldn't. It's a no brainer as far as I am concerned. Virtually everyone thinks Russell has potential to be a superstar.

You are probably right, but he sure makes a lot of money, ya know?

But you see, there is no getting through to you. :thumbsup:

Trent was a 3rd round pick last year. He was the starting quarterback for a lousy team and he won 5 games. He was named the starter over a 4 year vet, and certainly has potential to be very good. He also played better than any qb drafted in 07, including the #1 overall, who is said to now weigh close to 300 pounds. With me so far?

Despite this, you are saying that in a hypothetical scenario, Trent would not be worth at least a 2nd round pick in a trade to any team. And I am saying that if you think this, you are either biased (because of you know who), nuts, or both.

Well agree to disagree. Personally if i were a GM i wouldnt trade a second round pick for Edwards now and i do feel he will be a good QB (dispite what you might think) That has alot to do with picking thier own player and the many egos that coaches have feeling they can make their player the best player if you know what i mean. And as Ramius said earlier that there are many good prospects in this draft in the round two, 3 area.

And why are we trading Trent again?

This post has nothing to do with QBs good or bad. Neither is it about who should stay or who should go. This post isn't about the good community service crap. Nor is about who I'd like to play QB for the Buffalo Bills.

What is this post about?

Reading thru this godforsaken thread leads me to believe that Hamdans Revenge is a broad. Or certainly a guy who posts like one.

HR..........for crissakes...............SACK UP!

All due respect is afforded the lovely ladies that frequent this site. Please, no offense.

You listen to a lot of talk radio, don't you?

Trading Trent, give me a break. The kid hasn't even played a full season, and you're ready to ship him off? Give him some more weapons on offense, and at least 2 more years, if he can't get the job done after that, then it's time to talk about trading or releasing him.

I liked Losman, he hustled, he is very dedicated, and he has all the physical tools, but he lacks consistency. I wished things would have worked out for him here, but it didn't. Now it's time to give Edwards a fair shot.