PFW on Losman in "The Way We Hear it"

Why do you say " NO ONE HAS SEEN LOSMAN" ? (actually, I think I know why)

His attendance was reported by Chris Brown (who is very reliable) and the Buffalo News:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/308093.html

Where is your evidence that no one has seen him, and this is all Bills' PR? The "Truth", indeed. How about "Truthiness Hurts".

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3200

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday March 25, 2008

Losman In Attendance: The Bills offseason conditoning program got underway this morning with around 50 players present according to the team's website. Among those in attendance is QB J.P. Losman. He showed class by showing up to the voluntary workouts despite asking to be traded. The players were put through beginning paces as they work on strengthening their performance while staying healthy. Strength and conditioning coordinator J.T. Allaire is keeping track of all players strength and body composition at this point. They go through a seven step functional movement screening. The players will go through weight training and cardiovascular training as well as agility exercises.

Its the same thing. If you dont get what Im saying, just dont reply. No one has said he is working out. They said he was in the building according to BB.com and that he went to position meetings.

Why is this so hard for people to understand. Pro Football Weekly said Losman isnt working out, BuffaloBills.com never says Losman is working out.

Its the same thing. If you dont get what Im saying, just dont reply. No one has said he is working out. They said he was in the building according to BB.com and that he went to position meetings.

Why is this so hard for people to understand. Pro Football Weekly said Losman isnt working out, BuffaloBills.com never says Losman is working out.

He is in the building tho. Logic says he is working out

Losman apparently did some nice stuff for Buffalo. This is obviously good. What frustrates me is that many are using this as a thinly veiled excuse (yes, another excuse) to keep him not only on the team (which he wants to leave), but as the starter.

I can understand this to a degree because a cadre of posters seem to have a strange kind of love for him, despite the fact that his on field performance ranged from poor to inconsistent. They do need something to hang their hats (and incorrect predictions) on.

Speaking only for myself, if Trent fails to play well as did good ol' JP, I promise not to make up a bitter and sarcastic new screen name and cry the months away about his replacement, especially if it is an improvement, and Trent is an obvious improvement imo.

WTF? No where has anyone said that they should keep him or start him because he did community service work. You've reached a new level for anti-Losman supporter propaganda.

Also, you guys seem very obsessed with his ass and who has man-love for him. What's really up with this fellas?

You guys never want to talk about real football. Someone brings up Trent's horrendous performances the last three games you guys start name calling. Someone thinks that Trent's lollipop passes against Miami pale in comparison to JP's career rocket TD bombs to Evans, and you get offended. You guys talk about JP's showdown failure against Jacksonville and don't care that the putrid A-Train was our starting runningback that day. Sorry but you guys have gone overboard in your confidence for Edwards and your distain for Losman. There were very many valid excuses as to why Losman did not build on his 2006 season. In this world of two second sound bites and blanket absolute statements, I'm not surprised it's become a pitch-forked wielding mob around here for Losman. Just remember how many NFL analysts were falling over themselves predicting the Patriots Superbowl win (wrong), these were the same analysts that were dismissing the Superbowl winning quarterback Eli Manning as a bust in the middle of the season (wrong). Just remember, if so many expert NFL analysts can be dead wrong so to can the Trent mob here on a Bills message board. Relax, Trent's going to have the full 100% support over at One Bills Drive, so you all have nothing to worry about...or do you? Trent's the chosen one, why are you so freaking worried about Losman or Bills fans that think he's better than Edwards? It's very bizarre that you guys are so riled up when in fact Edwards is the unquestioned starter.

Trent's the chosen one, why are you so freaking worried about Losman or Bills fans that think he's better than Edwards? It's very bizarre that you guys are so riled up when in fact Edwards is the unquestioned starter.

Who is worried? You can think what you want, but JP is a second rate quarterback.

Don't you wish we could get a 4th round pick for him in this league that is starving for talented quarterbacks? Why do you think that we cannot? Because 31 GMs think he is good? :nana:;)

Edwards would get us a first, or at least a second, no?

Who is worried? You can think what you want, but JP is a second rate quarterback.

Don't you wish we could get a 4th round pick for him in this league that is starving for talented quarterbacks? Why do you think that we cannot. Because 31 GMs think he is good? :nana:;)

There is no way an Edwards' trade gets the Bills a 1st round pick and I would be surprised if he would get them a 2nd rounder, either.

Don't you wish we could get a 4th round pick for him in this league that is starving for talented quarterbacks? Why do you think that we cannot. Because 31 GMs think he is good? :nana:;)

No.

Don't you wish we could get a 4th round pick for him in this league that is starving for talented quarterbacks? Why do you think that we cannot. Because 31 GMs think he is good? :nana::wallbash:

;) I really hope your joking. That might be the funniest and most ignorant post ive ever heard. If you honestly think Edwards is worth a first or second then how come 31 GMs let him fall to the third round? ;):wallbash:

There is no way an Edwards' trade gets the Bills a 1st round pick and I would be surprised if he would get them a 2nd rounder, either.

I strongly disagree. He was a 3rd last season and was excellent for a rookie. Now he has experience under his belt.

There is no reason to expect him to suck for the better part of 4 years. He is already the best on our team, and the Bills are in better shape at QB with Trent than many other teams, including 2 in our own division.

;) I really hope your joking. That might be the funniest and most ignorant post ive ever heard. If you honestly think Edwards is worth a first or second then how come 31 GMs let him fall to the third round? :nana:;)

Because he has experience now and he played well, better than one would expect from a 3rd round pick, let alone a bust that cost a 1st, 2nd, and 5th

Are you really this stupid, or just a troll?

Because he has experience now and he played well, better than one would expect from a 3rd round pick, let alone a bust that cost a 1st, 2nd, and 5th

Are you really this stupid, or just a troll?

I think i should be asking you that. 9 games, 5-4 record. Atrocious at best last 3 including a 3 int 4th quarter against the G Men. Ya ill trade a top 30 pick for that :nana:

I strongly disagree. He was a 3rd last season and was excellent for a rookie. Now he has experience under his belt.

There is no reason to expect him to suck for the better part of 4 years. He is already the best on our team, and the Bills are in better shape at QB with Trent than many other teams, including 2 in our own division.

What makes him the best on the Bills? What's he done? Had a few bright spots in a couple of games and his play tailed off as the year went on as other teams had some tape on him and game planned for him. He might grow into being a good NFL QB, but he's proved about nothing yet. He's 2 full seasons away from any meaningful evaluation. JP proved that having 1 good full season isn't enough for the Bills front office. Trent has yet to do that or even half a good season yet. Sure, he's only had a limited opportunity, but until he actually does it for a sustained period of time, he's a huge question mark for this team.

Look, I like Trent, and hope he becomes a quality starting QB. But he has done NOTHING in the NFL to make a GM confident that he IS a quality starting GM. HE looked FAIRLY good, for a rookie...that's it, Bill. And, as the year went on, he looked worse, and worse.

A team trading a 1st or 2nd round pick wants a QB they are pretty certain is a starting caliber QB in this league. I can't see why you think Edwards has shown that, yet.

And, let's be clear, this has NOTHING to do with JP Losman, this is strictly about Edwards. (You continue to imagine that posts about Edwards are, somehow, really about JP... and then you take the opportunity to bash him.) Save the JP bashing for a different reply...this post is about Edwards.

Among those in attendance is QB J.P. Losman. He showed class by showing up to the voluntary workouts despite asking to be traded.

:nana:

he had no choice. if he chose to hold out, other teams in the NFL would see this as a bad attitude case. do you think they'd tolerate that from somebody who hasn't shown any consistency on the field? he'd be coming to an Arena League near you.

showed class........ what a joke.

Tuesday March 25, 2008

Losman In Attendance: The Bills offseason conditoning program got underway this morning with around 50 players present according to the team's website. Among those in attendance is QB J.P. Losman. He showed class by showing up to the voluntary workouts despite asking to be traded. The players were put through beginning paces as they work on strengthening their performance while staying healthy. Strength and conditioning coordinator J.T. Allaire is keeping track of all players strength and body composition at this point. They go through a seven step functional movement screening. The players will go through weight training and cardiovascular training as well as agility exercises.

Valiant effort... but what you're missing is someone thinks JP showed up, bit he just hung out smokin cigs in the corner actin cool. He never "actually" worked out. Until we see a Youtube video of JP lifting weights with a copy of that mornings newspaper held up behind him for date verification, we have no proof that he's actually working out - according to some. Even then, I could imagine this poster arguing that since the video was zoomed in too much, you couldn't actually see weights. So, JP wasn't really working out, the Bills were just doing a photo op and forced him to lift the bar with no weights while misting his face with a water bottle in an effort to trick other teams into thinking he's a workout demon.

Is that so? OK, Let's talk about all of the rookie QBs who looked better than Trent.

You start, and then let me know how he isn't worth at least a 2nd, OK?

I wouldnt trade him for a second or a first rd pick..Look at what it has cost us just to find a qb that has shown promise and won more than he lost as starting qb...Keep the qb...Wish we could have the 1st and second rd picks we gave up for Losman.All wishfull thinking of course..

I was upset with him because of his comment calling JP a useless piece of trash and taking a shot at his clean up of Buffalo. To many times ive seen stars get away with horrible things because of who they are. When i was in high school, a star football player beat the sh-- of some kid at a party was arrested for assult, 3 days later he was playing in the game against their rival. It was hush hush around town tho and the kid got his D-1 scholarship and no one talks about his assult charge becasue hes a star. That guy is a piece of sh--, but he is rewarded.

Chris henry, tank williams, Pacman, I could go on and on. When can we read about players doing good things? Its all negative and these players we idolize and pays millions of dollars to are portrayed as thugs. Finally someone does something good and tries to be a leader in the community and the community turns around and gives him the middle finger. You people make me sick. I sure hope everyone has a clear conscience and can say they would do something good for their community when they attack JP for his good deeds.

You are exactly right. :nana: While people may not think JP will cut it as an NFL starter they should admit he's a admirable human being. If every player in the NFL had JP's personality then the league would be a much more admirable group of players.

Everyone was down on Kevin Everett and called him names because he wasn't cutting it on the field. Those people felt bad after his injury. Think about the things you say about players. Pacman Jones is a useless piece of trash IMO. I don't give a crap if he makes pro-bowls he is a failure as a human being. Players that are great on the field and off like Andre, Darryl and Steve are great to have but not the norm. So rail on JP's playing but don't let that enter your opinions of him as a man.

I don't view myself as the classless type, yet, I find myself entrenched on both sides of this argument. I praise JP for his work in the community, while at the same time, I condemn him for his lack of QB capacity to help my team win football games.

Soooooo...........simply put, here's to hoping he takes his act elsewhere. I'm thru with the "community service" types with very questionable QB skills. Being good in the community is not a prerequisite to playing well on Sundays. Get me a guy who can GAME and if he's good in the community, great. That's a plus.

True, but if the only alternative was a Pacman type player I'd pass. Edwards looks to be a good guy and maybe a better QB.

Exactly...when I used the "useless piece of trash" remark it had nothing to do with anything but his play. To me, I could care less about anything players do outside the white lines short of being arrested. This is about football not pandering to the overly-sensitive politically-correct.

Guy, calling someone a worthless piece of trash has a lot to do with them personally. It's too harsh. If someone called you a worthless piece of trash at work and said it was only referring to you screwing up a lot would you take it personally? All we're saying is conduct yourself with more class and respect people who deserve respect as human beings even if you are unhappy with their play. Do you have the nuts to say that to his face. 'Nuff said.

Your absolutly right about that and i dont expect it to. But calling someone out for their good deeds should not be tolerated. I have no problem people critizing play because thats what fans do and we all wanna see our team do well. But I'm sure mike from florida would be pretty upset if he took an extra second to hold the door for an old lady and she flipped him for it Which is basically what Bills fans are doing to JP

I for one am so ashamed when i read personal attacks when a person is doing all the right things. Its classless and its wrong.

;)

Losman apparently did some nice stuff for Buffalo. This is obviously good. What frustrates me is that many are using this as a thinly veiled excuse (yes, another excuse) to keep him not only on the team (which he wants to leave), but as the starter.

I can understand this to a degree because a cadre of posters seem to have a strange kind of love for him, despite the fact that his on field performance ranged from poor to inconsistent. They do need something to hang their hats (and incorrect predictions) on.

Speaking only for myself, if Trent fails to play well as did good ol' JP, I promise not to make up a bitter and sarcastic new screen name and cry the months away about his replacement, especially if it is an improvement, and Trent is an obvious improvement imo.

I'm not. I was a big JP supporter but I realize it's best for him to move on. Both for himself and for the team. I'm sure he's going to do very well for the team that gets him. He was screwed in Buffalo by the coaching staffs and I believe a change of scenery and a fresh start should do wonders for him.

The hamdan thing is a joke first of all and secondly i want JP to leave. Because i personally think he can still be a good player in the league and id like to see him have an opportunity. I want Edwards to start this year and i hope hes as good as we are all hoping he will be. I understand the NFL is a bussiness and if you don't cut it on the field you won't cut it in the NFL. I'm a Bills fan first my only problem is when i read about players doing good things for their community and people use it against him. Play aside, people don't notice or appently appreciate when a player does something good just becasue he isnt the best player.

Poz goes to Iraq and hes a great guy (even if he does smoke) But Jp is a piece of sh-- becasue he didnt lead us to the promised land? Im sorry hes not the best player but i choose to recognize what good he's done.

I've only seen one post about Poz, supposedly, smoking and it came from someone who claimed to see it. I find it very hard to believe and think that more evidence is needed before start spreading the rumor.

:wallbash:

he had no choice. if he chose to hold out, other teams in the NFL would see this as a bad attitude case. do you think they'd tolerate that from somebody who hasn't shown any consistency on the field? he'd be coming to an Arena League near you.

showed class........ what a joke.

Maybe some day you'll pay closer attention to the NFL. I know you like hockey more than football but there's no reason to act like a hockey puck. A lot of players hold out who aren't that great looking for a trade. It's only because he's earned so much respect from his teammates that he can come in and not feel unwanted. I'm sorry you have to make comments without a lot of knowledge but if you read a little more about guys on other teams you may learn something. ;)

Is that so? OK, Let's talk about all of the rookie QBs who looked better than Trent.

You start, and then let me know how he isn't worth at least a 2nd, OK?

I don't think this is as absurd as most people think. If the draft was done over again he would be one of the top three QB's taken. I don't think they could get that for him but it's not that absurd.