How Many People Do You Know That Believe The Earth

Steely Dan

Age Of The Earth  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How Old Do You Think The Earth Is? Read All Choices B4 Deciding.

• 10, 000 years
    • Millions of years
    • 10,000 years and if you think different you can't be Christian
    • You can be Christian and believe the earth is millions of years old
    • People who think 10,000 years are nuts.
    • People who think millions are nuts.

As a Christian, I believe God created the heavens and the earth.

I also believe that the earth is billions of years old. The scientists are correct on this one.

BTW, the Bible NEVER states how old the earth is. The 6000 year old argument is one that was created when a bishop went back and counted how many years passed backward from Moses to Adam (supposedly...how many generations were skipped?). That's why I believe the earth is clearly older.

If that makes me an infidel...so be it. Believing that the earth is 6 billion years old vs. 6000 years old doesn't make one any less of a Christian. God is infinite...He has always been here.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did work with a woman back in the '90s who insisted that the Sojourner rover on Mars wasn't real. She was convinced that it was just being made up for TV.

Then again, this was the same women who covered her entire office in purple, so there were definitely a few screws loose.

I did work with a woman back in the '90s who insisted that the Sojourner rover on Mars wasn't real. She was convinced that it was just being made up for TV.

Then again, this was the same women who covered her entire office in purple, so there were definitely a few screws loose.

I think that the people who believe that such things are fake or that the earth is a few thousand years old are also prime candidates for The Flat Earth Society.

Honestly, I couldn't believe that the Flat Earthers had a website until I found it a few weeks ago.

I just found out someone who I respect a lot believes the earth is 10,000 years old. :thumbsup:

I guess evolution, carbon dating, plate tectonics and geology are all wrong!! :) The only thing that proves the earths true age is a book of mythology.

I almost fell over the other day when somebody I work with told me they don't believe in evolution...She's a frickin' scientist too! And for all you wise guys...no, it wasn't T-Bone.

I know someone who is convinced the manned moon landings are fake. Honest.

It was just Cold War trickery and propaganda.

He also stocked up for Y2K melt down, 07/07/07, and now says the world will end on 12/21/12 (Mayan calendar only goes that far).

If he lives long enough he will eventually be correct. :thumbsup:

I almost fell over the other day when somebody I work with told me they don't believe in evolution...She's a frickin' scientist too! And for all you wise guys...no, it wasn't T-Bone.

NG....Just WOW!! What an avatar!!! I think that could be the best ever.

:thumbsup::)

He also stocked up for Y2K melt down, 07/07/07, and now says the world will end on 12/21/12 (Mayan calendar only goes that far).

If he lives long enough he will eventually be correct. :thumbsup:

:)

If he lives long enough he will eventually be correct. :)

Maybe you should kill him at 11:59pm on 12/20/12 to keep him from being embarrassed. :thumbsup:

One of my favorite Doonesbury strips of all time speaks to creationism and when those who deny evolution may want to rethink their position:

Doonesbury

:) That is freaking funny.

You were born 12/21/12 :thumbsup: How'd that happen?

I was sent back in time to sample the DNA of hot chicks to repopulate the earth. After the fateful day of 12/21/2012, the sea otters evolved and began to dominate the earth. Seeing mankind as their enemy, they hatched a devious plot to exterminate the table eaters by killing all the hot chicks.

I was talking with some people about Indian religion and they were laughing about it when I said, well, they had a prayer for rain in Georgia few months back, and this one guys lights up and said "it worked!" He brought me the news story later and a weather report about how it rained the next day.

Ummmmm....ok

You know, our textbooks here in Georgia refer to dinosaurs as "Jesus Horses."