CosmicBills

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 10

GAME PLAN: MEATBALLS vs RAZORBACKS 5/14/08

SCOUTING REPORT:

The undefeated Razorbacks have the highest scoring offense and the second best defense in the league. They have two top HBs but also boast the league's most efficient passing game. On Defense, they have one of the top pass rushers in the game as well as the league's best run defense.

On the surface, it appears intimidating. But a breakdown of position by position, we are the stronger team on paper. Of course, the games aren't played on paper (does a computer sim count as on paper??). So the coaches have done an extensive workup on their tendencies and put together the following game plan.

We're going to be very balanced offensively. It seems that is the key to winning the evenly matched games. We went too far in the extreme against the Longnecks and it bit us in the ass. We won't make that mistake again. We're going to have to run and pass the ball to win this week. And we're going to have to be able to stop both as well.

The coaches as that our D-Lineman and LBs adjust their tactics to RUN FIRST and WRAP UP.

OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Rushing Attack: (52%)

Our backfield is deep with Glow, Win and Dizzy leading the way. Teams have not found success on the ground against these guys, but I think it's a bit misleading because teams have been behind by so much they've been forced to abandon the run game.

We will stick to ours to make sure we keep their high flying offense off the field and keep our D fresh. Our O-Line is better than any they've faces so far, we should open some holes.

We will run 47% inside and 53% outside to take advantage of their weak spots on D.

Passing Attack: (48%)

Sloth has leveled up to 16 and is fresh off the heels of his first 300 yard performance. Banks and Jobu are deep threats, while Kirk, Smalls and Ginsberg are able targets. Our TEs have also come on strong.

We have spent the past few games focusing on the passing game and now it's time to put all that work into action. We can take advantage of the Razorback's secondary. They have a great SS and some good CBs, but not much depth. Our WR corps is much deeper and we should find some lanes.

We'll throw 32% of our passes short, 42% medium and 26% long.

DEFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Blitz Package: (4%)

We are going to play it safe and beat them straight up. We'll use our blitzes sparingly and focus on making good, clean tackles at the line of scrimmage. I'd ask that everyone set their tackles to WRAP UP. We have to stop them at the line of scrimmage and avoid missed tackles.

Rushing Defense: (53%)

They have two great running backs, but they are fairly balanced offensively. Looking at how they have started all their games, they tend to throw the ball quite a bit and settle into a heavy dose of their HBs once they have a lead. This makes me think that their settings are almost 50/50 and then the Computer AI adjusts when they take the lead.

That being the case, I think it's important to stop their running game, but not overcommit to it. By having our DL and LBs focus on RUN FIRST and WRAP UP, we should stymie them. Forcing them to pass even more ... and we have the advantage when that happens.

They tend to run outside a bunch, with lots of pitches and sweeps. Thus, we'll defend 47/53 inside/outside rushing lanes.

Passing Defense: (47%)

When the Razorbacks pass, they pass effectively. Their WR corps is not deep and they have a great TE. Overall, I love our matchups here. Our CBs are deep and able, and our Safeties are as well. If we can force them to air it out, I think it benefits our strengths greatly.

I'd ask that CBs play TIGHT and only go for picks when there's help over the top. And our Safeties to play medium and only go for picks if there's help up top.

We're going to play 42% Zone and 58% Man to Man.

We'll defend 30% vs the short routes, 50% vs the medium and 20% against the deep ball.

GO MEATBALLS!

The link for our game is: http://goallineblitz.com/game/game.pl?game...81&mode=pbp

Though it looks like they may have changed it so we can't watch live anymore. Instead, once the game is simulated, they will have a "WATCH" or "SHOW SCORE" button. "Watch" will reveal the game play by play in a suspenseful way ... Show score does just what it says.

Bummer. No more "watching" games unfold together.

Well that sucked. 4 turnovers to 0 usually equals a whoopin'. I still don't get how this thing simulates. They did exactly what we thought they would do ... we're better at every position ... and they still tore through us like paper.

Oh well. We'll just make ourselves feel better by beating up some Cows this Friday. How does that sound? :blink:

Another shutout :rolleyes:

Oh wait a second, the 0 is on the wrong side :blink:

It's all part of a plan ... we layed down THIS game, so that when we play them in the playoffs we can sneak attack! Just like the Chinese and Pearl Harbor.

Brilliant I tell you! BRILLIANT!

Well that sucked. 4 turnovers to 0 usually equals a whoopin'. I still don't get how this thing simulates. They did exactly what we thought they would do ... we're better at every position ... and they still tore through us like paper.

Oh well. We'll just make ourselves feel better by beating up some Cows this Friday. How does that sound? :blink:

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell they're doing that makes them so good.