Stockholm Meatballs

CosmicBills

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, new season, new page in the thread. We will get things right this year.

Amen!

And I still can't post (stupid jerks) ... so all the strategy and discussion stuff will be on this thread until that gets restored. I'm curious to see if they implemented any of the additions they talked about (new playbooks and more stuff for players other than train and set tactics).

Nothing less than the Championship this year!

Amen!

And I still can't post (stupid jerks) ... so all the strategy and discussion stuff will be on this thread until that gets restored. I'm curious to see if they implemented any of the additions they talked about (new playbooks and more stuff for players other than train and set tactics).

Did we get any of the FA's we we were lookign at?

Amen!

Why can't you post...? :thumbsup:

From the little bit I read on the forums, it sounds like Bort spent most of the offseason trying to curtail cheating and didn't get to the defensive strategies. :( That said, I think he should implement offensive and defensive strategies at the same time, otherwise you could very well see a lot of 3-0 games.

Focker will have a Season 3 highlight reel longer than John Holmes' manhood.

Make it so, number one...make is so.

Did we get any of the FA's we we were lookign at?

No ... we got hosed. We got one CB and WR -- but they weren't the guys we were looking for. Smalls was cut cause he was inactive -- but we are keeping Mickameyer till we can find a replacement or till he comes back active.

Also, as for boosting, I just read in our thread what sloth said about game XP. It makes me wonder ... maybe we should wait for the schedule before boosting (though I know some people already have which is totally cool).

Just thinking out loud.

No ... we got hosed. We got one CB and WR -- but they weren't the guys we were looking for. Smalls was cut cause he was inactive -- but we are keeping Mickameyer till we can find a replacement or till he comes back active.

Also, as for boosting, I just read in our thread what sloth said about game XP. It makes me wonder ... maybe we should wait for the schedule before boosting (though I know some people already have which is totally cool).

Just thinking out loud.

I've heard that you get the backs on MNF to start the season. Then you get the eagles, cows* and us. :thumbsup:

I've heard that you get the backs on MNF to start the season. Then you get the eagles, cows* and us. :thumbsup:

I noticed the Eagles are no longer the Eagles, they're the Philadelphia Cowgurls

I also noticed the standings show the Cows* ahead of the Meatballs. We're going to have to fix that soon :(

Meatballs!

Season ticket sales were a MASSIVE success! We sold out EVERY GAME and netted nearly 12 million bucks!! I used that money and promptly completed all the seats in our new sections (both endzones and the 3 new corners). It cost us close to 5 mill, but since we don't have a home game till week 2, we should be able to sell out the new seats and get another 4-5 million in ticket sales! Great work to all!

Now, as for the schedule and boosting ... since I still can't post in our forums, I'll talk on here.

We open with the Pro relegated team, the Madrid Spartans. I don't know what happened to them, but their team has been pilfered! They only have 12 human players and the rest are CPU. I'm not sure what's going on or if they're going to load up tonight ... but the highest rated human player is only a level 9.

That being the case, I would advocate NOT boosting for tomorrow's game if you haven't already. I'm going to hold off on some of my level 16 guys for this game ... maybe next game too. I boosted about half my guys (mainly the O-Lineman and WRs to keep up with the rest of the team).

Thoughts?

I'll put together a game plan in the next couple hours. It doesn't look like the tactics have changed at all.

Should have charged more :blink:

Totally ... the Longnecks and Cows made more, but their stadiums are bigger. I think we actually have higher prices than they do (which means VA and Fez should raise their prices too!).

I will tinker a bit and raise them tonight for tomorrow's sales. Though our new seats are in the endzone and corners (the two lowest price levels). It should be good though. Our stadium is rocking. Though I'm jealous of PPP and Brussels' upper decks. The red makes it look cool. Bastids 0:)

Since we're playing such a shell of a team -- I'm going to try to get some of our lower level guys more PT than normal. We'll use our heavy rotational system that we normally use, but bump up some of the 3rd string guys to second string. Nothing major, just use this as sort of a pre-season game.

We should roll over this team.

We open with the Pro relegated team, the Madrid Spartans. I don't know what happened to them, but their team has been pilfered! They only have 12 human players and the rest are CPU. I'm not sure what's going on or if they're going to load up tonight ... but the highest rated human player is only a level 9.

It was a gutted team that the new owner got a couple days ago. He's pretty bummed, but he's going to just try and rebuild, knows he'll be relegated again, and will try and get his team in shape for AA next season.. It happened a lot, with scumbags gutting their teams and moving to the new Africa league, prior to the level caps Bort put in.

And by all means, do not boost under any circumstances until the end of the season. 0:)

In all seriousness, the amount of XP you "gain" by not boosting early in a season for a player over level 16 is roughly 400XP, and it goes down from there. I did a pretty exhaustive search of the forums. It's not even half a level gain. Levels below that, sure, maybe. You've got to look at your XP history and then you can calculate what you'd gain per day training, and a rough per game estimate. There's a thread somewhere with all the calc's. It's not worth it. But if you're going to go that route, wait until week 5.

:blink:

It was a gutted team that the new owner got a couple days ago. He's pretty bummed, but he's going to just try and rebuild, knows he'll be relegated again, and will try and get his team in shape for AA next season.. It happened a lot, with scumbags gutting their teams and moving to the new Africa league, prior to the level caps Bort put in.

And by all means, do not boost under any circumstances until the end of the season. 0:)

In all seriousness, the amount of XP you "gain" by not boosting early in a season for a player over level 16 is roughly 400XP, and it goes down from there. I did a pretty exhaustive search of the forums. It's not even half a level gain. Levels below that, sure, maybe. You've got to look at your XP history and then you can calculate what you'd gain per day training, and a rough per game estimate. There's a thread somewhere with all the calc's. It's not worth it. But if you're going to go that route, wait until week 5.

:blink:

;)

Good to know, good to know.

The question Sloth raised on our team board was while the Training XP difference past 16 is virtually nil, what about the game XP? If that drops by level, how does that factor in? You know?

I dunno what's best, though I suspect you're method is right. Over 17 boost whenever you wish it won't make a difference. Under 16 then you should wait.

I notice that Arkansas has not boosted (they have a cakewalk couple games to lead off). I think they're going to wait till mid season (or the playoffs) to boost since they feel that's the only reason they lost to the Heat.

0:)

Good to know, good to know.

The question Sloth raised on our team board was while the Training XP difference past 16 is virtually nil, what about the game XP? If that drops by level, how does that factor in? You know?

I dunno what's best, though I suspect you're method is right. Over 17 boost whenever you wish it won't make a difference. Under 16 then you should wait.

I notice that Arkansas has not boosted (they have a cakewalk couple games to lead off). I think they're going to wait till mid season (or the playoffs) to boost since they feel that's the only reason they lost to the Heat.

Go to your XP history. It drops a little every level. You've got a good range on your team...have someone look at the average drop per level. Or you could just take my word for it. :blink:

Arkansas is too clever by half. The difference between a lvl 17 and a lvl 20 is less than 10 XP to train, and far less than 100 per game. The in-game XP drops about 20 XP per game as you level up. It's all right there in the XP history for your players.

I have been known to lie, though.

And ... um ... I take back the sellout thing. We did not sell ONE SINGLE corner seat.

Hmmm ... did that happen to anyone on PPP or the Cows?

We sold a little over 8,200 corner seats via season tickets and we have ~8,700 seats in the corners. We then sold out the corner completely for the first 6 games, so only have a few hundred tickets in the corners for the last two games of the season.

We didn't sell a single season ticket for the 200 level sidelines -- but sold out the first 4 games via single tickets, and half of the 5th game. Not sure what's that's all about. 0:)

We sold a little over 8,200 corner seats via season tickets and we have ~8,700 seats in the corners. We then sold out the corner completely for the first 6 games, so only have a few hundred tickets in the corners for the last two games of the season.

We didn't sell a single season ticket for the 200 level sidelines -- but sold out the first 4 games via single tickets, and half of the 5th game. Not sure what's that's all about. 0:)

We sold out seasons. 30 thousand tickets off the bat. Greatest game in town.

We sold out seasons. 30 thousand tickets off the bat. Greatest game in town.

You make more money by not selling out via season tickets though, due to the discount factor. I'd prefer to sell out on day 1, just so I don't have to worry about it anymore, but there is a benefit to not selling out.

There's going to be 33,910 fans at the game today -- should be a good one.