Stamer signs with the Titans

Lori

Per Mark Gaughan, on the Billboard blog.

No surprise. Josh sounded more than ready to move on, believing he might get a shot elsewhere to play in the regular defense instead of just STs.

I'm not sure he's right about that, but good luck to a quality guy.

Next time I see him in the grocery store I will call him a traitor....(he lives in Cary, NC and I have seen him a couple of times around town....Cary stands for Containment Area for Relocated Yankees by the way)..

What can you all tell me about this guy? Obviously I've never heard of him since he's a backup, but clearly he's a quality special teams player.

Thanks...

:thumbsup:

High effort, wedge buster type who makes a lot of tackles on special teams. Good speed, always in phenomenal condition. Never could crack the rotation as even the fourth linebacker or in goal-line situations. He only played LB when the Bills were truly decimated by injury. Very limited in coverage on D--was exposed some when he hit the field.. just okay against the run.

A good guy to have around...but probably not going to contribute a ton on D.

High effort, wedge buster type who makes a lot of tackles on special teams. Good speed, always in phenomenal condition. Never could crack the rotation as even the fourth linebacker or in goal-line situations. He only played LB when the Bills were truly decimated by injury. Very limited in coverage.. just okay against the run.

A good guy to have around...but probably not going to contribute a ton on D.

Jeez, sadly, that summerizes a fair amount of the Bills roster in the recent years. :thumbsup:

The only way is up! I am really excited about the additions to the D-line...if they pan out, I think the defense will be much improved...just like everyone (seems) to know, the offense is built in the trenches, so to is the defense.

Jeez, sadly, that summerizes a fair amount of the Bills roster in the recent years. :thumbsup:

The only way is up! I am really excited about the additions to the D-line...if they pan out, I think the defense will be much improved...just like everyone (seems) to know, the offense is built in the trenches, so to is the defense.

Do you think my description is accurate b-tex? I wouldn't want to lead our Music City Cheater fan (just kidding) astray..

Do you think my description is accurate b-tex? I wouldn't want to lead our Music City Cheater fan (just kidding) astray..

Sounded good to me.

When Haggan was used in redzone packages I thought he played pretty well. Also a valuable st's player. Hopefully he gets re-signed.

Im sorry to see him go. GREAT st player. I hope they do sign Haggan.

Bills - Levy = ST not as important??

Im sorry to see him go. GREAT st player. I hope they do sign Haggan.

Bills - Levy = ST not as important??

ST not as important, or is is because they don't want to get caught short at LB again? I seem to remember a game last season in which the team ran the nickel for most of the second half, solely because they didn't have enough healthy LBs left. Stamer wanted to play a larger role in the base defense; the team apparently disagreed with his ability to do so.

An article linked on the front page a while back, undoubtedly lost when the HD crashed, said he was ready to move on.