Trent Edwards video at the 07 draft

Makes you wonder where Trent would have been drafted if he played on a better college team. That Stanford team was bad. I mean when I say bad I mean bad on both sides of the ball, special teams, and coaching staff........

If he was on a powerhouse team he would have been a first rounder. Smart move by Buffalo drafting him when they did.

I am a big Trent supporter, but they said two knocks on him: (1) injury prone and (2) underthrows deep throws at times (yet still can make all the throws...)

Not sure if he'll ever be able to overcome that.

I love everything else. I'm becoming a supporter. Maybe I'm just a homer.

Not sure if he'll ever be able to overcome that.

I love everything else. I'm becoming a supporter. Maybe I'm just a homer.

How many deep throws do you want to make in the game.....NFL is all about moving the chains....I for a change wouldn't mind a dink-and-dunk offense, if we can score points. It also takes pressure off our smallish defense....The recent success of Brady, Big Ben, Delhomme etc makes me comfotable, that we will be better off throwing the 10 yard/15 yard short range passes consistently rather than throwing 40 yard bombs and having multiple 3 and outs.

AND 1

Only Thing - The "P" Word. But I do think he'll reach his potential. The Staff wants to build around him so that should say something.

I'm more concerned that the Bills organization has the know-how to get any QB to play at a high level. They'd f^ck up Brady IMO.

How many deep throws do you want to make in the game.....NFL is all about moving the chains....I for a change wouldn't mind a dink-and-dunk offense, if we can score points. It also takes pressure off our smallish defense....The recent success of Brady, Big Ben, Delhomme etc makes me comfotable, that we will be better off throwing the 10 yard/15 yard short range passes consistently rather than throwing 40 yard bombs and having multiple 3 and outs.

I'd like to see it at least a few times a game. If you don't push it deep, you can't loosen up the short and midrange passes or your running game. Same theory in the passing game. If you don't have a TE who can run the seam, the db's play closer to the outside which make it harder for WR's and QB's.

Its about balance grasshopper.....in all phases of the game.

I am a big Trent supporter, but they said two knocks on him: (1) injury prone and (2) underthrows deep throws at times (yet still can make all the throws...)

He needs to put more air under the ball on more of his deep throws. That comes with confidence in your receivers to make a play. Something he NEVER had in college. He's got guys who can get there in Evans and Roscoe. His successful deep passes last year had more arch. His bad ones were too flat. It'll come. The important thing to know is he CAN make all the throws.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm more concerned that the Bills organization has the know-how to get any QB to play at a high level. They'd f^ck up Brady IMO.

This statement should be pinned.

It is the underlying truth to this organization for the last 5 years.

He needs to put more air under the ball on more of his deep throws. That comes with confidence in your receivers to make a play. Something he NEVER had in college. He's got guys who can get there in Evans and Roscoe. His successful deep passes last year had more arch. His bad ones were too flat. It'll come. The important thing to know is he CAN make all the throws.

GO BILLS!!!

Part of the reason his throws are at times underthrown deep is that he doesn't follow through with his feet. If you look at any of the videos of him throwing deep, his right foot is always up in a little kick-like motion. If he can learn to keep that on the ground, he'll gain 5-7 yards a throw.

I'm not pulling this out of my butt btw - I went to the Nike COY clinic in pittsburgh and the QB coach for the Browns has the same problem at times mostly with Anderson and sometimes with Quinn.

You may not make many downfield throws in one game, but if your QB can't make the long throw (and the D knows it) you are DOOMED! they will stack the line and KILL your running and short passing game.

I think Trent's arm is strong enough, he just needs to develop those throws. Brady certainly worked at it, and he now throws a beautiful long pass. Ben could always throw the long pass.

I think the biggest problems for Trent, last year, were:

1. He was a rookie

2. He was uncomfortable playing in bad weather

3. The offensive coordinator.

Some may point out that he sometimes takes the dump pass too early. While true, I chalk that up to issues #1 and #3 (he was a rookie and was put in bad situations by Fairchild's play calling).

I think, with more maturity, and a better OC, Trent will be fine. Damn, I really hope so. But, I am still concerned with his ability to play in bad weather. That won't change, for me, until he performs well in those conditions.

I think, with more maturity, and a better OC, Trent will be fine. Damn, I really hope so. But, I am still concerned with his ability to play in bad weather. That won't change, for me, until he performs well in those conditions.

You old worry wart. :beer: Everybody knows this is Buffalo, so bad weather is not a concern. :D Besides, those 2 games were freak weather conditions that have never been recorded before on the surface of the planet Earth.

Part of the reason his throws are at times underthrown deep is that he doesn't follow through with his feet. If you look at any of the videos of him throwing deep, his right foot is always up in a little kick-like motion. If he can learn to keep that on the ground, he'll gain 5-7 yards a throw.

I'm not pulling this out of my butt btw - I went to the Nike COY clinic in pittsburgh and the QB coach for the Browns has the same problem at times mostly with Anderson and sometimes with Quinn.

Excellent point about his feet. I KNEW you weren't pulling anything out of your ass even before I got to your 2nd paragraph. It's interesting because on most of his other throws his footwork is exceptional for a rookie who had lots of reasons for happy feet syndrome at Stanford.

GO BILLS!!!

Excellent point about his feet. I KNEW you weren't pulling anything out of your ass even before I got to your 2nd paragraph. It's interesting because on most of his other throws his footwork is exceptional for a rookie who had lots of reasons for happy feet syndrome at Stanford.

GO BILLS!!!

Appreciated.

Take a look at this from the Dolphins game, you can see it on two of the TDs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7IEupyDc2Y

How could you not get injured. That looked real bad. Now he's got some OLine in front of him. I do like his intellegence. Hopefully he'll grow this year.

I made a fortune betting against Stanford that year. Vegas could not set the lines high enough. It was not Edwards either. I think TE was the #1 or #2 QB coming out of High School. Im not sure of the specifics but Stanford was going thru an overhaul of their football department right when he signed on with the school & as a result alot of their recruits got out of their letters & decided to go somewhere else. He wanted to make good on his obligation.

When I say they were bad & he had absolutely no talent around him that is an understatement. Standford was about as bad as a BCS conference team could possibly be.

I made a fortune betting against Stanford that year. Vegas could not set the lines high enough. It was not Edwards either. I think TE was the #1 or #2 QB coming out of High School. Im not sure of the specifics but Stanford was going thru an overhaul of their football department right when he signed on with the school & as a result alot of their recruits got out of their letters & decided to go somewhere else. He wanted to make good on his obligation.

When I say they were bad & he had absolutely no talent around him that is an understatement. Standford was about as bad as a BCS conference team could possibly be.

The best story is the one about the two offensive linemen who were fighting each other as Edwards got sacked. Now that is something straight out of a sitcom!