CB James To Bolster Secondary

Ajparso1

Do you guys think this will change are draft plans.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5945

Welcome to you!

Adding James definitely helps...if he can stay on the field. I would not however be surprised to see them draft a corner in round 1. If they pass on the first round then my guess would be additional depth added in rounds 4-5.

Welcome to you!

Adding James definitely helps...if he can stay on the field. I would not however be surprised to see them draft a corner in round 1. If they pass on the first round then my guess would be additional depth added in rounds 4-5.

Thanks...

I agree, I dont think we will look to pick up a cb untill the 3 round. My feeling is we go WR and TE, Im still on the fence on what WR to pick as for TE I want Fred Davis....

Do you guys think this will change are draft plans.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5945

Possibly, but with last year's injuries, we were sorely understaffed in the defensive backfield and afetr watching Leonhard run around with third degree burns from being beaten as badly as he was, anything will help. Wilson, filled in admirably at FS, but he too has so much to learn (and perform) before he should be counted on for depth as well.

Here's to hoping for a full and complete recovery by KO....

I agree with the sentiment above. Don't be surprised if we take a S early. I wouldn't love the idea, but S is really important in cover 2 and chris brown keeps hinting about moving Donte to FS, so we might be looking at an early pick at SS

I don't see us going after a SS or FS in the draft. According to everything I have read, this is one of the weakest drafts in a long time at those positions.

The Bills' hot pursuit of McRee leads me to believe that Chris Brown was right about the idea of moving Whitner to Free Safety. The problem is that there aren't any real good safety prospects in this years draft. We do need to address the Defensive backfield but we need a starting Corner first and Safety depth second. There aren't any starting-caliber safeties in the later rounds. If there are, somebody point them out to me...

Just a thought, but with Simpson having plenty of time to add upperbody strength cause of his ankle and many thinking he's a step to slow, how about a flip-flop? Simpson to strong and Whitner to free? Before I wouldn't have thought Simpson physical enough to play strong, but it ain't like he hasn't had time to gain strength and mass in the weight room. Thoughts?..........

I don't see us going after a SS or FS in the draft. According to everything I have read, this is one of the weakest drafts in a long time at those positions.

The Bills' hot pursuit of McRee leads me to believe that Chris Brown was right about the idea of moving Whitner to Free Safety. The problem is that there aren't any real good safety prospects in this years draft. We do need to address the Defensive backfield but we need a starting Corner first and Safety depth second. There aren't any starting-caliber safeties in the later rounds. If there are, somebody point them out to me...

What will happen to Simpson?

What will happen to Simpson?

He will go to the bench if need be. This is all speculation, but it seems that the organization was just as curious about this one as we are. Whitner's playmaking ability would be better utilized at Free Safety, but then they would need to have another option at Strong Safety.

Bottom line: I don't think the team plans on moving Ko and Donte around. If both of them are healthy, both of them will be starting at their respective positions.