Aaron Schobel

Turk

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard he won't be there tomorrow. Anybody else? If he doesn't show up for OTAS what the hell could his excuse be?

"Hate to break it to you, but it just might be that Trent's Aaron's not into playing football as much as you guys like to think. He clearly wasn't too into being an offseason leader."

Look, an all-purpose description that fits any player...

any news on if Marcus Stroud, Kawika Mitchell, or Will James showed up? Because i want to know if they are commited to try and win a championship here in Buffalo that is long over due........this could be the year boys!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

Undersized combined with no belief in an off season training regiment makes me wonder if Schobel gonna drop like an anchor.

He can work out in nice cold Buffalo or work out in Lubbock Texas...I would take Texas also..

I think we saw the best of Aaron Schobel. He is now 30 and on his way down. He is still a very good DE but he only has a few (3ish) good years left.

You are correct except for the very good part. He is lazy, bad attitude, overpaid, underperforming. Then he tops it off with an undeserved pro bowl where he was an embarassment (can't tackle Garcia?).

Ever hear him interviewed? He's an arrogant S.O.B. Very aloof. Good player, but doesn't display publically the kind of attitude you'd like to see. This is not the first time he hasn't shown up for the workouts. Same shyt, different year.

yep. and his special move or only move is a speed rush which carries him off the camera as he is ridden helplessly past the quarterback over and over agin. I hate to say it but I think people would be harder on this guy if he were not white (i'm white so i'm no nat x about these things).

yep. and his special move or only move is a speed rush which carries him off the camera as he is ridden helplessly past the quarterback over and over agin. I hate to say it but I think people would be harder on this guy if he were not white (i'm white so i'm no nat x about these things).

No but that is a stupid statement. He is a good DE. He will be much better with the presence of a good DT. You forget he had little to no help last year. He is always in shape. I think people don't like him because he is blunt and wants to play football and not talk it media people. I am not sure he is arrogant, but definitely blunt and gets to his points quickly.

Ahh, ugly side of message boards. :)

Where you come to trash one of the top 3 or 4 players on your team without having a shred of knowledge about how to evaluate the position he plays.

Please bring your elucidation proclamation down upon us....

Lets just say I'm not going spout on about his pass rushing abilities when he is one of the better pass rushers in the league. Apparently many coaches and players in the league feel the same way, as do Jonathan Ogden and Orlando Pace based on their performances against him. And that stupid reference that you always see about "he just takes an outside rush right out of the TV picture" is as uninformed as they come. With a little push from out DT's, that oustside move to nowhereville becomes a sack. A.S. has proven himself to be a consistent player and has never shown up out of shape.

Lets just say I'm not going spout on about his pass rushing abilities when he is one of the better pass rushers in the league. Apparently many coaches and players in the league feel the same way, as do Jonathan Ogden and Orlando Pace based on their performances against him. And that stupid reference that you always see about "he just takes an outside rush right out of the TV picture" is as uninformed as they come. With a little push from out DT's, that oustside move to nowhereville becomes a sack. A.S. has proven himself to be a consistent player and has never shown up out of shape.

I look forward to the proof in the puddin this season. I would expect that our DT play will improve dramatically. Hopefully that will bring Schobel the success you envision.

I look forward to the proof in the puddin this season. I would expect that our DT play will improve dramatically. Hopefully that will bring Schobel the success you envision.

Schobel has already been a successful DE for many a year. So while I agree with you on that I am not trying to tell you "Wait and See". He is already a very good 4-3 Defensive End. He needs to keep playing well, not start playing well.

Schobel has already been a successful DE for many a year. So while I agree with you on that I am not trying to tell you "Wait and See". He is already a very good 4-3 Defensive End. He needs to keep playing well, not start playing well.

In your opinion yes, that is true. I would like to see more from him.

After watching every Bills game this year, I can say that he had a horrible year. He was manhandled more times than not with man on man blocking. They did not waste a double team on him. As far as in shape ,get a clue. Just because you weight less does not make you in shape. Look at his built skinny legs, arms and big old love handles. He got what he wanted, now he seems to be coasting. :thumbsup: