Maybe Chris Brown knows something?

K-Gun10

March 23, 2008 Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 9:49 PM ET | Link

QB ROSENFELS AVAILABLE?: With Houston reportedly set to sign Jacksonville free agent QB Quinn Gray, their current #2 QB Sage Rosenfels is said to be on the trading block. While there are those in Houston who don't like that idea, I like him a lot as an option for the Bills as a #2 assuming J.P. Losman isn't serving in that role. Rosenfels appeared in 9 games last year, starting five and put up an impressive 84.8 passer rating despite playing on a roster lacking talent and no #1 receiver with Andre Johnson out most of the season with an injury. And by the way he also has that colossal comeback win over the Bills while serving as the backup QB for the Dolphins in 2005. The Texans are reportedly asking for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but no one is giving that up for a backup. He could probably be had for a 4th, so if the decision is made to move Losman in one deal, making another to acquire Rosenfels would be a solid move. ---

i wouldnt mind giving up a 4th for him, he was better then Matt Shaub last year and if JP gets traded and we get a 3rd for him that would be great and actually we would end up with a higher pick then our 3rd so i say do it!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

i wouldnt mind giving up a 4th for him, he was better then Matt Shaub last year and if JP gets traded and we get a 3rd for him that would be great and actually we would end up with a higher pick then our 3rd so i say do it!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

Think the only problem in that equation is most football people would view Sage as the better QB. If I could get Sage for a 4th or Losman for a third, I would go Sage all the way. I agree with your atatement above, and do not believe for one minute other people did not see that as well

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

Are you going to Scarborough Fair?

Think the only problem in that equation is most football people would view Sage as the better QB. If I could get Sage for a 4th or Losman for a third, I would go Sage all the way. I agree with your atatement above, and do not believe for one minute other people did not see that as well

I'd rather keep Losman if it was a str8 up deal, yet alone give something for Sage. Just my 2 cents

JP<Sage Rosenfels

I think the > vs < battle is the wrong method to use when analyzing this idea. In fact, given the multitude of variables, I really don't know how you could make a valid assessment one way or the other.

How long is Sage under contract? That should play a huge role in the decision. If JP does not acquire the starting job, he will be gone after this season. If we can acquire a long-term quarterback for a short term one, the deal would definitely be worth doing.

I think the > vs < battle is the wrong method to use when analyzing this idea. In fact, given the multitude of variables, I really don't know how you could make a valid assessment one way or the other.

How long is Sage under contract? That should play a huge role in the decision. If JP does not acquire the starting job, he will be gone after this season. If we can acquire a long-term quarterback for a short term one, the deal would definitely be worth doing.

RJ>DF really does say it all.

no no im sayin that if we trade JP to say Minnesota for a 3rd then i wouldnt mind trading a 4th for Sage but ik that probably doesnt add up or make sense but then we would get 2 3rd round picks instead of a 3 and a 4th. Then we can get better people at more positions.

In this case i would go:

1.Devin Thomas WR Michigan State

2.Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech

3.Red Bryant DT Texas A&M

3.Jerome Simpson WR Coastal Carolina

3 way deal JP & a 5th for Sage, then Houston trades JP for a 4th. We get Rosenfels, Houston gets a 4 & 5 and some team gets stuck with JP.

I like the thinking but couldn't we just trade Losman for a 4th rd pick? I think that I'm starting to like the idea of us using a draft pick, present and/or future, to move up in this year's draft. I said it before but if we used our 2009 1st rd pick and coupled it with Losman for Minnesota's pick at #17 in this year's draft then that would be a tempting opportunity.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports...nt/5645519.html

Coach Gary Kubiak insists the signing of free-agent quarterback Quinn Gray does not increase the likelihood of Sage Rosenfels being traded.

Gray, who signed a one-year contract for $645,000 on Monday, becomes the third quarterback behind starter Matt Schaub and Rosenfels, the subject of trade speculation since the Texans turned down Minnesota's offer of a third-round draft choice this month.

"I know what people are saying, but signing Quinn has absolutely nothing to do with it," Kubiak said about acquiring Gray to expedite a trade for Rosenfels. "I've been a two-quarterback type of guy, but what happened to us last season scared the heck out of me, and I don't want to go through that again."