Are we becoming a mirror of the Detroit Lions?

AKC

This part's not accurate.

I agree that there are different views on this that are reasonable. However, I don't agree that based on the situation = 31 other teams drafting and acquiring FAs, that somehow the job Marv did overall shouldn't be viewed as excellent. It's not like you get to pick your team in a vacuum. As such, you can't draft a D lineman in the second round who has 4th round value, just because "we always draft D lineman".

And, this notion that 1st round D lineman are always best is busted by a 1st round QB(1st overall) throwing to the 1st round WR(8th overall) that won the SB this year.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like ignoring the 400 lb gorilla in the room....you guys wanna play the hindsight game, I'm right here for ya. It's like you guys don't understand that you can't turn an organization around, in any business, in a few months. It takes a few years in the NFL because they only get to hire 2-3 months out of each year unless you are doing what we had to last year and getting people off of the street.

Also, I honestly don't think you, BillNYC and AKC understand how many holes this team had after the 2004 season. Let's review: WE LOST TO THE STEELERS BACKUPS the last game of the season and thereby missed going to the playoffs. And, before you start talking about the (in)famous 7 game win streak, please remember that most of that was against candy assed teams. In 2005 the fact that our defense was either too old or too lame or un-talented was severely exposed, not to mention we had a terrible offensive line, and were led by a 2nd year player at QB, with Mularkey-ball play calling and absolutely horrid team chemistry.

As such, when Marv/DJ took over we had(I broke this down, but in the interest of brevity <_< I deleted it ) : 7-9 viable starters.

That means we had a grand total of 7 starters, optimistically 9, and a whole s-load of holes. Can somebody remind me why any of us thought we weren't going to go 2-14 in 2005? I didn't, and I was crazy for doing it, if we are talking hindsight here. So we went 5-11 and that was the end of Donahoe, thank God!

Snap out of it: One draft of all O line or D line would have done exactly NOTHING to fix this mess. Instead, Levy went out and got guys like Mike Gandy and Peerless Price as stopgaps, and then drafted the best players he could get at each position, based on their value and his draft position. There was no way in hell one or two drafts was going to produce a whole new football team that was playoff ready, although if you remember, we were in it all the way to the Cleveland game last year, with 17 players on IR and a rookie QB. That's quite an accomplishment in and of itself.

That's a hell of a long way from losing to Steeler Backups at home with supposedly "star" veteran players and with the playoffs on the line. To make it simple, when you are at -9, getting back to 0 means you moved nine spaces forward.

Bringing up the Pats* drafts, when they already have pieces in place like a great safety, great lineman, great CBs, great O line and a probable HOF* QB, and are simply inserting one player to an already killer line up each year, is the weakest of arguments.

This ridiculous premise that when you are in our situation, somehow drafting all lineman will cure all evils is a farce at best. You wanna bring up the SB? Ok. No lineman was involved in perfectly throwing the ball, and no lineman was involved in making the catch on the fade route that won that f'ing game. And, they weren't involved on the previous passing play where the Pats* almost won that game = QB to WR, either. You wanna know why? Lineman are important, but they do NOT win games in the last 60 seconds, skill players do. End of story.

In two drafts, Marv and Co. have drafted 3 times the number of solid, contributing players that Donahoe did his whole time as GM. This is undeniable.

Finally someone said something in this post that makes sense. I completely agree. The Bills have done a great job over the last two years in the draft getting talent to fill holes. And to answer the question posed in my thread as to how many of those draft picks in 06' of Whitner, McCargo, Simpson, Youboty I would say should be starting on any D in the league, I would say at least two. Whitner is a far above average SS and he is arguably top 5 at the position. McCargo is an above average DT who was really starting to turn into a top-20 guy at the position. Ko Simpson was also playing well in his rookie year and I think was showing he had the makings of an above average FS until he was hurt and missed last season. I think he will have a strong year this season. Thus, arguably three of those guys could be deserving starters this year.

As to BADOLBILZ's question concerning why the FO was looking at Marlon McCree, they lost five CBs and two safeties, leaving only four CBs on the roster and only young unprove guys to back up Whitner and Simpson in the starting roles. They needed depth and thus they tried to go and get a solid veteran talent. Try not to blow things out of proportion.

Fact is Buffalo's front office is no where near as incompetent as that in Detroit. Buffalo hasn't "wasted" draft picks on top receivers who haven't panned out. You really need to pay attention to what actually goes on with the FO and look at what the Bills have done before you make ridiculous statements. There's enough people on this board who do that already. We don't need any more.

Yawn.

Are we going to get a weekly thesis on how drafting early DL automatically = championship?

Someone let me know how ryan sims, john sullivan, dwayne robertson, etc are doing.

But hey, our 10 OL, 1 QB offense, and our 8 DT, 2 DE, 1 CB defense could revolutionize the NFL!

**Disclaimer...if Ellis or Dorsey fall to #11, we shouldnt think twice before snagging them. Its a no brainer. But, aside from that, reaching for a DL early simply because they are a DL is asinine at best.

You must like reading your own posts, because you certainly didn't read the others in this thread.

Hmmmm. The same crusade from the same guys saying the same things since I joined the board. But I need to read more. Check. <_<

Nobody is saying just draft lineman.

Bull. That's precisely what they are saying. Apparently they think that potential HOF QBs can always be found in the 5th round.

Don't reach to fill needs. But.......if you must, then consider the fact that Schobel and Denney aren't kids anymore. McCargo has proven nothing. Stroud is coming off two injury plagued seasons and a steroid suspension. Need may be a relative term. The OL can't run block to save their lives. There are no young reserve OL or DL who project as starters on this team. NONE. I wouldn't say the lines are covered.

All valid points, but also all uncertain points. We have no idea if any of this is true. Nor do we know for sure what any of it will mean. For example, is the run blocking a result of bad schemes or bad players? Based on what I saw at the games last year, when I keyed in on the line, I would say that the first problem was the scheme. There is no way, with size of the guys we have, that we should be double teaming anyone. Well, maybe helping Fowler, but see, that's the point. Is is Fowler or is it the scheme? IMO, a little of both. That's why I like Pollack(center) in the 3rd = where he is supposed to be drafted.

As for rebuilding or turning a franchise around, if it takes 5 years to turn your franchise around nowadays, you might as well pack your sh*t and go if you are a GM or HC. Because you can't keep teams together, you have to be constantly re-working your roster.

Who said anything about 5 years?

This nonsense that it takes many years to build a winner is horseschitt.

Ask the Redskins owner Dan Snyder how his "win now" plan has worked out. Nah, he doesn't want to draft and develop players, better to overpay with $$$ and draft picks for somebody else's mediocre starters. 0:) I don't have to tell you that you are wrong about this, go on over to any Redskins board and they will take care of you. Do you still think we should have overpaid for Clements? How about getting Steinbach in here? How about NOT over-paying for Darwin Walker and not signing him long term?

In the 8 years since the Bills have been in the playoffs, many organizations have been up, had to be rebuilt and been back all while the Bills scuffle around on the outside. There is a reason why it is significant when they say the Bills are the only team in the AFC to not make a playoff appearance this decade(outside of Houston who wasn't in the league when the Bills drought began).

No, the reason is that for all but 2 years we had Donahoe "the genius" making drafting "decisions"(um trading up to get McGahee when we already had a reasonable RB and a terrible O line comes to mind) and hazing secretaries for going to dinner with each other at 1 Bills Drive.

Then, we had Marv come in and draft as many good players as he could given the mess they were in, and fill holes with stopgaps until we could draft again.

The first has nothing to do with the second.

The problem with that thinking is assuming that Sweed or Kelly will actually fill that need. I don't believe they will. Roscoe Parrish never filled the need for a #2 receiver. Tim Anderson never filled the need for DT. Kevin Everett never even approached being a useful TE. The approach of drafting for need appeared to work the last two seasons because the Bills actually had so many holes to fill that they weren't straying too far from the draft board anyway. Reducing needs down to just 2 or 3 positions instead of 5-6 increases your odds of getting the wrong guy. Hence, the Kenyatta Walker example.

And beside that, next year promises new holes. What happens if Schobel and Denney start showing their ages(actually, Denney already has)? What if Stroud is a bust and McCargo doesn't step up. These are what I would consider foreseeable problems. That's to say nothing of attrition by unforeseeable injury. These are problems at the core, and Sweed and Kelly are not the kind of players that I think can cover up for those kind of issues. McFadden is a different story.

Like I said before, use free agency to fill immediate needs. Use the early portion of the draft to build your foundation and get your star players. If you stick close to that philosophy you will find that the immediate needs will be easier to fill in free agency...needs like #2 WR, OLB, FS, FB and such. Sweed and Kelly aren't QB's, lineman or gamebreakers(IMO) so they aren't that high on my list.

Again, I don't' completely disagree. We don't know that anyone would establish themselves as a true #2 WR. However, we also don't know that McFadden will come in and be Adrian Peterson, either. You couldn't have had a bigger name than Reggie Bush being drafted, but a few years later what has he accomplished? Not a whole lot.

So, you say we need a DT. OK. I buy that. But, then to say we should forego that plan to get McFadden is exactly what landed us guys like Parish and McGehee (not that Parish is bad, but it left us without the players we really needed). We had needs, there were players that would fill those needs - yet we passed them by for flashes that looked too good to pass by.

The thing I like most about the FO over the last few years is they seem to have a plan, and they're sticking to that plan. They're not getting the flashy players; they're not over spending for quick fix FAs; they're addressing the team's needs one position at a time. What about this idea... probably the 2 biggest holes on the team right now are WR and DT. So, I say when we pick you take the best WR or DT available. If Ellis or Dorsey are there - obviously take them. But if they're off the board how big of a drop is it from this Harvey guy to the next one? If it's not much, then maybe its best to take a top WR and get the DT later. Either way, I say stay away from the flashy toys.

And, this notion that 1st round D lineman are always best is busted by a 1st round QB(1st overall) throwing to the 1st round WR(8th overall) that won the SB this year.

The Giants didn't spend THEIR first rounder on Plax... so I don't really think that's a valid comparison.

I think what the Giants did in last year's draft is a perfect example of how I'd like to see the Bills play it -- they found a starting CB in round 1 and managed to get a good young receiver in round 2 (Steve Smith). Both players were instrumental in the team's championship run.

I think this year's draft is very deep at WR and thus the need can be addressed later in the draft. The Bills have no depth at O-Line, are stacked with 2nd-rate players at CB, and could always use more young talent in the DL. I think those 3 areas are better served with a first rounder... and James Hardy will fall into our laps in the second. <_<

How about getting Steinbach in here?

What are you talking about? Steinbach cost about a million dollars more (over 6 or 7 years) than Dockery, in other words, the same price. Who would you prefer to have on the team?

No, the reason is that for all but 2 years we had Donahoe "the genius" making drafting "decisions"(um trading up to get McGahee when we already had a reasonable RB and a terrible O line comes to mind) and hazing secretaries for going to dinner with each other at 1 Bills Drive.

You are wrong. The Bills never traded up for MaGahee. They acquired his selection via a trade with Atlants for Peerless Price. Steinbach was on the board, but they walked right by him for a serverely injured "skill player." You know why? Because the Bills never draft first round Guards. Well, almost never. They drafted Ruben Brown, and also Joe D. back in 1973. They worked out fairly well, right?

Then, we had Marv come in and draft as many good players as he could given the mess they were in, and fill holes with stopgaps until we could draft again.

Well, almost as many. He walked into day 1 of 06 with 4 picks. He came away with a safety, a dt and a corner. He followed this up with yet another db early in round 4. As for day 1 of 07, no complaints here.

The differences between the Lions' drafts and the Bills drafts are that (1) the Lions only have had one idiotic GM, whereas the Bills have had a series of poor decision-makers taking turns making the same mistakes, and (2) the Lions idiotic GM is actually trying to win (I think), whereas, at least in Donahoe's case, I'm pretty certain he was using the draft to sell tickets, not actually win games.

And I continue to agree with the premise here. If you can't trade down and acquire more picks, you DO NOT draft Sweed or Kelly at 11. That kind of reach pick for an incomplete, unexplosive "possession" receiver will continue to set back this franchise. Rather, and assuming Ellis and Dorsey are LONG gone (which they will be), you take Clady, Harvey, or perhaps Merling. Let the fantasy football draftniks on this board moan and whine for a round, then start drafting depth and need later on.

The silver lining is that it does seem that the Bills are focusing on "value" players who they think will fall to them in later rounds, such as Mayo and Cason - meaning that they know they can sit tight and follow their board, and stock up on good players regardless of need. And, they did it last year, taking Edwards when he fell unexpectedly. So, I disagree with BADOL, I think there have been signs of hope out of this front office.

Now, if they do what I've urged in Round 1, and somehow land Earl Bennett (the next Andre Reed) later on in the draft, I'll be PSYCHED.

The differences between the Lions' drafts and the Bills drafts are that (1) the Lions only have had one idiotic GM, whereas the Bills have had a series of poor decision-makers taking turns making the same mistakes, and (2) the Lions idiotic GM is actually trying to win (I think), whereas, at least in Donahoe's case, I'm pretty certain he was using the draft to sell tickets, not actually win games.

And I continue to agree with the premise here. If you can't trade down and acquire more picks, you DO NOT draft Sweed or Kelly at 11. That kind of reach pick for an incomplete, unexplosive "possession" receiver will continue to set back this franchise. Rather, and assuming Ellis and Dorsey are LONG gone (which they will be), you take Clady, Harvey, or perhaps Merling. Let the fantasy football draftniks on this board moan and whine for a round, then start drafting depth and need later on.

The silver lining is that it does seem that the Bills are focusing on "value" players who they think will fall to them in later rounds, such as Mayo and Cason - meaning that they know they can sit tight and follow their board, and stock up on good players regardless of need. And, they did it last year, taking Edwards when he fell unexpectedly. So, I disagree with BADOL, I think there have been signs of hope out of this front office.

Now, if they do what I've urged in Round 1, and somehow land Earl Bennett (the next Andre Reed) later on in the draft, I'll be PSYCHED.

agree with the plan

Earl Bennett in round 2 is better than Sweed or Kelly in round 1.

Even Bubba Caldwell could be a better pro than Sweed or Kelly.

Sweed had 12 touchdowns in 2006. The guy is just a shade under 6'4'', just ran the 40 in 4.4 at his pro day and showed tons of character and grit by trying to participate in the Senior Bowl and the combine even though he was injured. Sweed is a top 10 pick if he doesn't get injured in '07. The guy has the height, size and speed to be a number one receiver and has the potential to become an All-Pro. The guy isn't afraid of going up for the ball either. The guy is being downgraded simply because media and fans love to get cute this time of year.

I'm sorry, but for you to say that Earl Bennett is going to be the next Andre Reed I think that's just laughable. The guy is too small and slow for today's NFL cornerbacks. He may not even be able to cut it at the #2 spot considering his combination size and speed issues. Let's get real here. Maybe if he was there in the fourth, but the size and speed combination is way to much of a concern to draft him 1st through 3rd.

Let's fast forward to the first game of the year, Bills have driven the ball down to the 9 yard line, it's 3rd and goal. Who do YOU want playing at the #2 receiver for the Bills in this position...the 6'4" Sweed or the 5'11" Bennett? Before you answer, let me just remind you that this scenario is going to be repeated about a couple of dozen times during the season.

IMO, sorry guys but there's no other players in this draft that's going to fill the #2 position other than Sweed or Kelly.

Sweed had 12 touchdowns in 2006. The guy is just a shade under 6'4'', just ran the 40 in 4.4 at his pro day and showed tons of character and grit by trying to participate in the Senior Bowl and the combine even though he was injured. Sweed is a top 10 pick if he doesn't get injured in '07. The guy has the height, size and speed to be a number one receiver and has the potential to become an All-Pro. The guy isn't afraid of going up for the ball either. The guy is being downgraded simply because media and fans love to get cute this time of year.

I'm sorry, but for you to say that Earl Bennett is going to be the next Andre Reed I think that's just laughable. The guy is too small and slow for today's NFL cornerbacks. He may not even be able to cut it at the #2 spot considering his combination size and speed issues. Let's get real here. Maybe if he was there in the fourth, but the size and speed combination is way to much of a concern to draft him 1st through 3rd.

Let's fast forward to the first game of the year, Bills have driven the ball down to the 9 yard line, it's 3rd and goal. Who do YOU want playing at the #2 receiver for the Bills in this position...the 6'4" Sweed or the 5'11" Bennett? Before you answer, let me just remind you that this scenario is going to be repeated about a couple of dozen times during the season.

IMO, sorry guys but there's no other players in this draft that's going to fill the #2 position other than Sweed or Kelly.

Any draftnik will tell you that straight-line speed is a small part of the picture for an NFL WR.

There have been several players without great "measureables" but somehow were successful. One WR who comes to mind is Don Maynard back in the 60s. Check his stats. And then there's Jerry Rice, who ran a 4.6 40. Plenty others became successful without the "requisite" speed desired. Meanwhile, a host of WR's haven't panned out, due in large part to not being crisp route runners or lacking the ablity to recognize and exploit defenses. Troy Williamson, Mike Williams, Matt Jones, and Reggie Williams all had great measureables, yet have failed to even come close to living up to their status as first round picks.

When considering WR's, I'd place a premium on being able to run precise routes and be able to read defenses above plain speed.

For the record, Earl Bennett is listed at 6'1 and 207.

Any draftnik will tell you that straight-line speed is a small part of the picture for an NFL WR.

There have been several players without great "measureables" but somehow were successful. One WR who comes to mind is Don Maynard back in the 60s. Check his stats. And then there's Jerry Rice, who ran a 4.6 40. Plenty others became successful without the "requisite" speed desired. Meanwhile, a host of WR's haven't panned out, due in large part to not being crisp route runners or lacking the ablity to recognize and exploit defenses. Troy Williamson, Mike Williams, Matt Jones, and Reggie Williams all had great measureables, yet have failed to even come close to living up to their status as first round picks.

When considering WR's, I'd place a premium on being able to run precise routes and be able to read defenses above plain speed.

Where do you think that places this kid Jordy Nelson?

AKC, please stop wasting your time arguing with people who don't really understand that a dominating interior defense is a virtual must-have to win regularly in the NFL.

Let them fantasize over WRs and RBs... there's a reason why they drink the kool-aid year after year. These are the same people who have predicted an 11-5 record for the past 5 years.

It's a beautiful day out here in Cali... go out and enjoy it. I would be, were it not for these damn taxes <_<

Why would anyone ever draft anything but D-line? Oh wait, you have to score points. Guess where points come from? The passing game.

The reason the Lions suck is, the receivers they drafted were busts. Mike Williams and Charles Rogers are garbage. One of the worst posts ever.

The Lions also have no running game, or an offensive line. (we have both)

Josh Reed ran good routes also, but he somehow he failed to have a Jerry Rice-like career. BTW, Sweed has a 32" vertical leap along with his very tall 6'4" frame. Sweed is precisely who the Bills need, not another Josh Reed. I've had my fill of watching the Buffalo Bills go into the red zone with midgets.

Tag this post and look at it in 3 years. If McFadden or Ryan were there, they would be better picks than Sweed or Kelly. Trent Edwards and Marshawn Lynch are no more now than JP Losman and Willis McGahee were a couple years ago.

In fact, if things stayed as they SHOULD be, the Bills would probably be thinking about getting an heir apparent for Travis Henry in here soon. Things change QUICKLY in the NFL, so you can't run the business like they won't by using draft day to fill immediate needs every year. A good organization should be able to fill future needs on draft day and immediate ones in free agency.

In reference to point one the problem is that the Lions keep taking players at the same position year after year? If you want a QB that has immediate impact you'll be drafting QB's for 20 years before you get one. Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman and Brett Favre come to mind. A QB takes at least three years to reach full potential.

As far as point two goes you're assuming a FA that fits the scheme, has the character the Bills look for and comes at a reasonable price will be available every year. Those guys don't come along every year at the exact positions of immediate need. What WR's were available this year?

It's not an absolute. When teams say they "don't stray far from their draft board" they are talking about balancing best player available with foreseeable need. Three years from now, IMO, McFadden and Ryan will be a superstar and a very good starting QB, respectively. Sweed and Kelly won't be stars. The draft is about today for bad organizations, but for good ones it's about tomorrow. The Bills have been a bad one for a long time now, it's time they start doing things right.

You know that McFadden and Ryan will be great but Sweed and Kelly won't be?! What scouting company or team do you scout for? Do the names Ryan Leaf, David Carr, Browning Nagle and Trent Dilfer ring a bell? How about Blair Thomas, Ki Jana Carter and Harvey Williams? Every year there are boom and bust players. You may think Sweed isn't a first round receiver but many of the experts do.

And I'm not usually big on drafting a RB in round 1, but McFadden is an extraordinary talent. He should be a more durable version of AD and would be the Bills most talented RB since OJ and most gifted athlete since Bruce Smith. Can't pass on him there, and it would set the Bills up to be a better running team which would be a GOOD thing considering the way the elements derailed their passing game late last fall. More simply put however, McFadden is a HR hitting gamebreaker, something this team is dying for. I like Lynch, and he's plenty good enough to be a RB on a championship contender, but he's not that kind of player.

If the Bills have a great RB like Lynch why waste a pick on a non need position?

Ryan is a very good QB prospect. I think he's going to be outstanding. Without a good QB, an organization is dead in the water. I like Edwards, but I don't think he is even close to a lock to be a success. He has a history of injuries and has a mediocre supporting cast that doesn't figure to be bolstered simply by overdrafting Sweed or Kelly.

I've got news for you. Ryan isn't a lock for success either. Bill Walsh liked Edwards a lot and I'll take his opinion over yours. I know, I know you're more of an expert in these things but I still will take Walsh's opinion over yours. :)

Other than having a QB, the lines are the next most important positions to be strong at. And since it's hard to have a good QB without those, that's why you build from the inside out. This particular draft is strong on the lines and those guys are going to be there at #11. McFadden and Ryan will not.

If the Bills draft a lineman high this year it will only increase their depth at the position. The draft pick may start but he'd only upgrade a little from what the Bills have. A WR like Sweed would be a starter and improve the starting rotation a lot.

If the draft is strong on the lines it means you can get a good player later in the draft.

But you seem to be contradicting yourself a little. If McFadden is there, we have to take him; but we have to build from the lines out. So which is it?

Another promlem with this line of thinking... If McFadden is the great player that people think and we select him; wat happens when there's another super great RB that's sure to be great? Do we take a RB for a 3rd year in a row?

Another problem I have is.... the Bills had Bruce and OJ, but won how many Supebowls with them? Sometimes its not about getting the most talent, its about getting the best team of players. The Pats* won a Superbowl with A. Smith as their running back. So, I would suggest that sometimes it the right player, not the best player, that should be selected.

The Miracle on Ice was built with the best team not the best players. Character means a lot and chemistry means a lot too! The Giants didn't have the best roster in the league but when it counted they had the best team.

The problem with that thinking is assuming that Sweed or Kelly will actually fill that need. I don't believe they will. Roscoe Parrish never filled the need for a #2 receiver. Tim Anderson never filled the need for DT. Kevin Everett never even approached being a useful TE. The approach of drafting for need appeared to work the last two seasons because the Bills actually had so many holes to fill that they weren't straying too far from the draft board anyway. Reducing needs down to just 2 or 3 positions instead of 5-6 increases your odds of getting the wrong guy. Hence, the Kenyatta Walker example.

And beside that, next year promises new holes. What happens if Schobel and Denney start showing their ages(actually, Denney already has)? What if Stroud is a bust and McCargo doesn't step up. These are what I would consider foreseeable problems. That's to say nothing of attrition by unforeseeable injury. These are problems at the core, and Sweed and Kelly are not the kind of players that I think can cover up for those kind of issues. McFadden is a different story.

Like I said before, use free agency to fill immediate needs. Use the early portion of the draft to build your foundation and get your star players. If you stick close to that philosophy you will find that the immediate needs will be easier to fill in free agency...needs like #2 WR, OLB, FS, FB and such. Sweed and Kelly aren't QB's, lineman or gamebreakers(IMO) so they aren't that high on my list.

Once again what receivers were available this year at a reasonable price and were that good? Drafting for the possible future at the expense of immediate needs is very foolish.

From 1995-2004 we were strong at DT with Ted Washington, Pat Williams & Sam Adams.....prior to 1995 we had superbowl caliber teams back to 1990.........AKC is really only talking about the last 3 years, and guess what? We have drafted a DT in the first round & traded for a 3xprobowler DT in that time. The only time that the area seems to be totally ignored is the Donahue period where he let PW go without any reasonable plan of replacement.

To continually maintain that the only way one can achieve either good DTs or success in this league is by drafting DTs in the 1st round seems totally single minded.

I think he's saying the best player available no matter what but having four WR's from the first round is just stupid look at the Lions.

What if Buffalo has Sweed rated as the best player available when they draft? Worked well with Whitner.

What is the position of greatest need? WR. Who is the best WR in the draft? Sweed/Kelly. Who will make the biggest impact on your team? a WR. How many points did we score a game last year? 16 or so. And you want to draft defense?