If Doug Flutie had started that game...

Everyone forgets that we went into the Titans game with 3 healthy "starters" on the O-line. We came out of the game with one. Not a chance in hell were we making the bowl that year. Let it go................

we had the #1 defense that year....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention, RJ led the team down the field with just under two minutes to play and got us into THE LEAD! 16-15 with 22 seconds to play. The fact is, two things cost us that game, and neither of them had anything to do with the QB. The ST did not stay in their lanes and they gave up a terrible play. However, it was a terrible play that was ILLEGAL. Look again at the angles and the aerial view. Most commentators now agree. The pass was an illegal forward lateral, and I guarantee that if the game had been played in Buffalo and not Tennessee, that play is called back. The refs and special teams lost us that game. It had nothing to do with the QB.

WHY DID WADE NOT MILK THE CLOCK ALL THE WAY DOWN FOR THAT FINAL FIELD GOAL

WHY DID WADE NOT MILK THE CLOCK ALL THE WAY DOWN FOR THAT FINAL FIELD GOAL

Excellent point. I always wondered this myself. This was basic Madden game clock management crap. Bleed the clock to 3 seconds & then kick the fg.

Excellent point. I always wondered this myself. This was basic Madden game clock management crap. Bleed the clock to 3 seconds & then kick the fg.

agreed. It never should have come down to the Home Run Throwforward if Wade had managed the clock correctly. :cries:

unless.... did Tennessee call a timeout before we kicked?

You can't blame Flutie for the Miami '99 loss. Moulds fumbled a sure touchdown bomb from Flutie on the first play of the game.

Lots of blame to go around in that game. I just picked one of them. Yes, i remember the Moulds fumble as well as the personal foul on Reed and the pick thrown by Flutie at the end of the first half. I'll never forget that bastard JJ stomping on the Flutie flakes.

You can't blame Flutie for the Miami '99 loss. Moulds fumbled a sure touchdown bomb from Flutie on the first play of the game.

wasn't that the game that reed got ejaculated for bumping the ref at the goal line? :censored:

agreed. It never should have come down to the Home Run Throwforward if Wade had managed the clock correctly. :cries:

unless.... did Tennessee call a timeout before we kicked?

I remember not being able to run an extra play to spike the ball or something like that after JOhnson's shoe was puled off by a defender

Fixed it for you.

I wouldn't go that far. My point was that the sack to end the game was not the play that lost the game. So much Flutie bashing still alive and well here, maybe if we make the playoffs without him we can move on.

I'm just sayin...

Based on what? I mean Doug Flutie took a sack and fumbled at the Miami 1yd line on the last play and lost us that 1999 playoff game against the Dolphins. If starting Flutie guaranteed victory, why didn't we win that game? I'm just sayin'...

EDIT: It strikes me how that 1999 Miami playoff loss is the forgotten Bills letdown. I mean we never stop moaning about Wide Right, No Goal, Music City Miracle, etc, but no one ever criticizes Flutie for losing us that playoff game on the last play of the game. Just weird.

PTR

Rob Johnson wasn't a great QB and neither was Flutie- that being said, Johnson led us on a great two-minute drill to take the lead.

Flutie's arm got worse and worse as that season wore on, becoming more and more inaccurate. I don't think we win that game regardless of who is under center.

I wish we still had that defense though....it was awesome.....not to mention Eric Moulds!

The "Flutie Magic" wore out once the rest of the NFL had the book on him.

PTR

I'm just sayin...

Well, I guess that was on your mind. I still feel that was the worst loss in Buffalo Bills history. It was truly the end of that era with the beloved players that we still had from our super bowl teams. It was incredibly sad and for years I've had bad feelings about that game. We'll never know if Doug Flutie would have started that game what would have happened. But the way the entire thing went down during that week and throughout the game until the final play with special teams was painful.

Since we're doing "if's"

If Ferguson didn’t have a gimpy ankle against the Chargers in 81

If they didn’t get a delay of game against Bengals in 82

If Harmon hadn’t dropped the ball against Browns in 90

If Kelly hadn’t thrown a pick on the next play

If the defense could’ve tackled Ingram in SB 25

If Kelly hadn’t gotten injured in SB 27

If Thurman hadn’t fumbled in SB 28

If Flutie wasn’t sacked against Dolphins in 99

If the officials had eyes against Titans in 00

If they could’ve beaten the Steelers second string in 04

If they could’ve held the lead against Titans in 06

If they could've held late game leads in 07

If some folks could just let it go and move on atleast to topics relating to the current century. On the other hand Tom Rudd and Bob Nelson? Phil Dokes? Perry Tuttle? Tony Hunter? Walt freakin Paltulski? I mean what were they thinking? I mean who the hell was the GM for some of those picks Stew Barber?