New York Gov #2 enjoys the stray 'tang

Are you !@#$ing kidding me? Already?

Would it kill the voters of NYS to just once elect a decent, intelligent human being?

With such spectacular judgment, it's a wonder the state is in the toilet. :censored:

Decent intelligent human beings don't run for high office. Just to let you know Spitzer ran against John Faso. That's the same John Faso who had a constituent arrested for calling him too many times when Faso refused to take his calls.\

http://troypolitics.blogspot.com/2006_04_01_archive.html

Yeah, being a total screw off in your personal life rarely affects your professionalism. Do you work in a cave?

It's also highly unlikely that a powerful public official can be bribed into doing things not in the best interests of the populous because of unscrupulous behavior away (or in Clinton's case at) from his desk. :pirate:

Stop being such a damn simpleton.

Yep... That's me! A damn simpleton...

KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid

:censored::thumbsup:

People have to stop worrying what others are doing in their sex lives... If nobody cared, where would the incentive to bribe them come from...

[yawn]

Maybe THATS why the European Press was kind enough to insert an "R" after Spitzer's name when they reported this story last week.

Hey, you can't blame the European press for making that mistake... The R's (and conservatives) have the hypocrite angle covered more... Except this time it was the exception, he was a D...

No...but you made it sound like someone put a gun to his head. He's a fricken politician. Most of them, and I doubt he's any different are power hungry bastards.

No, you TOOK it that way. He didn't ask to be governor and now people are giving him sh-- because, well hey he's governor.

He was in the assembly for some 20 years I think. Didn't aspire to much more apparently. Power hungry being a relavant term, I get the feeling he didn't in his wildest dreams think he's really ever be Gov of NY. Particularly, if you look at his beliefs - he's pretty far left. So that's why it's doubly funny that all the Repubs who called for Spitzer's removal are now aghast that they're stuck with someone who makes Spitzer look conservative.

The fact that this guy was so openly left tells you he probably wasn't looking to go much higher, because his appeal is to a very small, very liberal population and he would have torpedoed himself immediately with those beliefs. And I am pretty sure that a savvy politician with loftier goals in mind would have tempered his positions in an attempt to appear more electable.

I assume you mean right as in real or genuine. In that case I would add competent to the list.

Yes...and I wasn't speaking to any other quality, competence or otherwise. Right bastards, you at least know where they stand: they're right bastards. Not so virtuous ones. Or, in the immortal words of Captain Jack Sparrow: "I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly...stupid."

Yep... That's me! A damn simpleton...

KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid

:censored::thumbsup:

People have to stop worrying what others are doing in their sex lives... If nobody cared, where would the incentive to bribe them come from...

[yawn]

Or you could try living in reality, where it's ALWAYS going to matter and because of it, there are always going to be bribes, positions for people who aren't qualified, contracts given to vendors who don't deserve them, etc. But your idea is possible. :pirate:

No, you TOOK it that way. He didn't ask to be governor and now people are giving him sh-- because, well hey he's governor.

He was in the assembly for some 20 years I think. Didn't aspire to much more apparently. Power hungry being a relavant term, I get the feeling he didn't in his wildest dreams think he's really ever be Gov of NY. Particularly, if you look at his beliefs - he's pretty far left. So that's why it's doubly funny that all the Repubs who called for Spitzer's removal are now aghast that they're stuck with someone who makes Spitzer look conservative.

The fact that this guy was so openly left tells you he probably wasn't looking to go much higher, because his appeal is to a very small, very liberal population and he would have torpedoed himself immediately with those beliefs. And I am pretty sure that a savvy politician with loftier goals in mind would have tempered his positions in an attempt to appear more electable.

If you don't want to be governor when someone asks you to be liutenant governor you say no. That's the victicrat mentality of the left. It wasn't my fault I found myself in the predicament. He never thought in his wildest dreams he'd become governor. :censored: Holy hell, that's funny.

You can't be serious. He could have turned it down if he didn't want to be governor.

I highly doubt that they had to beg him for days to take the job.

"You know, the last thing I ever wanted to do is be governor, but if I must, I must. I just hope no one scrutinizes my life."

:censored: