Broncos Game - Week 1

MattyT

This has probably been discussed before, but it's new to me ...plus any previous discussion has been shot to hell in the crash anyway....

Found this tidbit on NFL.com...

Though Buffalo and Denver had the same strength of schedule, their tie for the 11th and 12th positions was broken by the conference tie-breaker. Since Denver defeated Buffalo in head-to-head competition, Buffalo is given priority in the draft order and will select in the 11th position.

So since it really didn't have any impact on our playoff chances, this P.O.S. loss is looking pretty good right about now.

This has probably been discussed before, but it's new to me ...plus any previous discussion has been shot to hell in the crash anyway....

So since it really didn't have any impact on our playoff chances, this P.O.S. loss is looking pretty good right about now.

Ugh... while your point is certainly valid, you just made me think about that game again. Thanks a lot!

With that logic, then our 7 wins were actaully losses because we could have had the first pick.... :lol:

Exactly. I was actully screaming "Woo-hoo!!" as I sat in the upper deck that day in the rain with my jaw on the ground watching the 10 year old kid the row in front of me start crying like someone had ripped his heart out. THAT was a win! Good times, good times.

With that logic, then our 7 wins were actaully losses because we could have had the first pick.... :lol:

Right, because there's no difference between finding a tiny shred of optimism in losing one game by a...let's say "crotch" hair...and tanking an entire season. :lol:

Exactly. I was actully screaming "Woo-hoo!!" as I sat in the upper deck that day in the rain with my jaw on the ground watching the 10 year old kid the row in front of me start crying like someone had ripped his heart out. THAT was a win! Good times, good times.

To be fair to MattyT, he didn't say he was rooting for a loss THAT day. He's just trying to find a silver lining and your sarcasm is kinda harsh and unnecessary there.

Come on Avenger, when you say "the 10 year old kid in front of me," you really mean you don't you? Let it out buddy, it's ok to cry, you're in a safe place. ;)

I take it you weren't at the game...it was like being kicked in the you know where when Elam made that FG. Not to mention the atmosphere was terrible after the catastrophic injury to injury.

Its actually still looking the same... a loss.

I'd take a win anyday. I know you are trying to find optimism, but I would have worded it differently, the loss sucks, plain and simple.

this P.O.S. loss is looking pretty good right about now.

Unless you have to live out here in the heart of "fair-weather-front-runner-land" and listen to their fans still cite that as a "great win" by the donkeys.

Fuggin loser fans... ;)

I'll take that win and drop one draft place anyday. That game sucked.

Yeah....We have to start thinking about winning games, not draft positions....If we could have nailed that game and the game against the Boys we would have been in a good shot to make the playoffs instead of a 7-9 season again.....

The Redskins willed themselves against all odds to win the last 5 games and make the playoffs.