Official LOST thread

ofiba

What if the shooting was Jacob, or smokey, or just some sort security device.

I just watched the episode again, and a comment by Carl leads me to believe it was Ben's plan to have Carl and Rousseau iced all along. When they sit down to take a break and Alex asks Carl what's wrong, Carl says something to the degree of, what if your dad is setting us up? It seems Lost always has these little hints along the way. Also, in the beginning of episode, when Rousseau, Carl, and Alex are all talking, Ben is staring at Carl pretty intently.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought of something, Micheals mom that he was talking to for like 5 minutes is that the same lady that hired Miles to get the ghost out of the room, if so is Walt the ghost stuck in another world?

And i remember back in a past episode ben and sayid talked privatly, what if turning over micheal was bens plan.

I just checked it- not the same lady. Also, Michael's mom lives in Manhattan, and the lady that ired Miles lives in Inglewood, CA.

I just watched the episode again, and a comment by Carl leads me to believe it was Ben's plan to have Carl and Rousseau iced all along. When they sit down to take a break and Alex asks Carl what's wrong, Carl says something to the degree of, what if your dad is setting us up? It seems Lost always has these little hints along the way. Also, in the beginning of episode, when Rousseau, Carl, and Alex are all talking, Ben is staring at Carl pretty intently.

You are right but why would ben say 5 minutes before that scence to micheal i never killed an innocent man?

You are right but why would ben say 5 minutes before that scence to micheal i never killed an innocent man?

Never trust Ben. He says whatever he needs to to get what he wants.

Also, in Ben's eyes, Rousseau and Carl might not be innocent- they are trying to take his daughter away from him.

Just a hunch -- Ben's full of shiznit?

Let's not forget that he also slaughtered over 40 innocent Dharma folk with poison gas. And he thinks he owns Juilette. This is not a good guy.

That said, I doubt very much that Ben was behind Karl and Roussou getting whacked.

Several people, including myself, surmised that at the time... just the way he said that.

I believe Lindelof/Cuse confirmed that Mikhail died from the grenade blast. Likely that he will appear in flashbacks.

That's something I was wondering about too. I don't have the means/time to compare the two ladies or look at the picture of the boy. Bear in mind, just b/c Frank's, Daniel's and the other woman's were flashbacks... are we sure that Miles' flash was a flashback, or could it have been a flashforward? I forget.

And guys, WRT Danielle and Karl... remember what Ben said to Michael yesterday. Ben doesn't kill innocent people (ala how Michael killed AL and Libby); in a literal way, he's right. Ben has other people do his killing for him.

Tgreg, I don't think the pilot that we saw was played by Greg -?- now on Heros. As was shown last night, it was just a body dug up in a graveyard. But we've also got a question of who staged the 815 plane: Ben or Widmore? Ben has the file with receipts, etc., but it all seems too wrapped up in a bow.

IMo thats something that needs to be discussed by us, it could have been a flashforward, miles going to the house talking to the "ghost" asking where the money is could it be thats where ben told him to go to get the money, they talked about.

Sayid turning in Michael was Sayid "thinking with his heart instead of his gun". I am sure this is the incident that Ben was talking about when he was stiching up Sayid in the future.
This could also be a way for Sayid to gain the captain's trust in order to then back stab him later. Kind of like the bait and switch he did with Frank to get take him on the freighter to begin with.

That said, I doubt very much that Ben was behind Karl and Roussou getting whacked.

I guess it's people from the boat kill Karl and Roussou. They are the military men departed from Witmore's boat by Frank's helicopter in last week's episode.

IMo thats something that needs to be discussed by us, it could have been a flashforward, miles going to the house talking to the "ghost" asking where the money is could it be thats where ben told him to go to get the money, they talked about.

$3.2 Million would have to be a much bigger wad of money than was stuffed in the wall of that house.

$3.2 Million would have to be a much bigger wad of money than was stuffed in the wall of that house.

You'd think they could have made it a little easier. Like putting it in a locker at a bus/train station, like the old days. :wallbash:;)

i really never noticed before, but that Alex is smokin!!!!!

Her name is Tania Raymonde. I think her character, Alex is safe unless she gets a better gig. Danielle (Alex' mother) was an interesting character when she was first introduced but the writers have let her get too vanilla. Danielle was better when she was capturing Ben (Henry Gale) and kidnapping Claire's baby. If Danielle is still alive, they need to make her more creepy (again).

I wish they did a flashback of Ben and Danielle hooking up. Talk about a freak show.

Tania Raymonde even has a unofficial fan web site.

http://www.taniaraymonde.net/news.php

Her name is Tania Raymonde. I think her character, Alex is safe unless she gets a better gig. Danielle (Alex' mother) was an interesting character when she was first introduced but the writers have let her get too vanilla. Danielle was better when she was capturing Ben (Henry Gale) and kidnapping Claire's baby. If Danielle is still alive, they need to make her more creepy (again).

I wish they did a flashback of Ben and Danielle hooking up. Talk about a freak show.

Tania Raymonde even has a unofficial fan web site.

http://www.taniaraymonde.net/news.php

They never hooked up. She never even met him before he got trapped in her net in Season 2.

Back up and start over. Then who are Alex' parents?

Danielle is her mother. She arrived on the island pregnant. Her husband (Richard?) was on Danielle's science team. But Danielle shot him when he became 'infected'.

She later gave birth to Alex. And then the baby was stolen from her by the Others.

That's when Ben took posession of her as his "daughter".

Danielle is her mother. She arrived on the island pregnant. Her husband (Richard?) was on Danielle's science team. But Danielle shot him when he became 'infected'.

She later gave birth to Alex. And then the baby was stolen from her by the Others.

That's when Ben took posession of her as his "daughter".

That Danielle and Ben thing was just too good to be true...

Tgreg, I don't think the pilot that we saw was played by Greg -?- now on Heros. As was shown last night, it was just a body dug up in a graveyard. But we've also got a question of who staged the 815 plane: Ben or Widmore? Ben has the file with receipts, etc., but it all seems too wrapped up in a bow.

What's been bugging me is how Widmore could have known that 815 crashed on the island. Unless he has spies on the island for all he knew 815 did crash in the ocean, so why go to all the trouble to stage the fake? It had to have taken time and money to make that happen. Michael saw footage of the staged crash while he was back in civilization, so Widmore couldn't have found out about 815 survivors from him. The only thing that makes sense is that Widmore has spies on the island that predate the people from the freighter. Either that or he just knew somehow that the island wanted the plane and whoever survived it.

:lol:

What's been bugging me is how Widmore could have known that 815 crashed on the island. Unless he has spies on the island for all he knew 815 did crash in the ocean, so why go to all the trouble to stage the fake? It had to have taken time and money to make that happen. Michael saw footage of the staged crash while he was back in civilization, so Widmore couldn't have found out about 815 survivors from him. The only thing that makes sense is that Widmore has spies on the island that predate the people from the freighter. Either that or he just knew somehow that the island wanted the plane and whoever survived it.

:)

Widmore was a major funder of the Hanso Foundation which created the Dharma initiative.

Widmore was a major funder of the Hanso Foundation which created the Dharma initiative.

Is he?

If Widmore was connected to the DI, why did he have to buy at auction the captain's logbook from the Black Rock from them? Unless that was a way to launder them $.

Is he?

If Widmore was connected to the DI, why did he have to buy at auction the captain's logbook from the Black Rock from them? Unless that was a way to launder them $.

He is - it was in the book "Bad Twin" (which sucked). Also, I believe it was on the Hanso web page (not sure if it is still up.) It is my memory from teh web site that there seemed to be a split among the Dharma founders, board members or something.

What an episode!!!

I can't believe they revealed what the black smoke is, where the island gets its powers, and how Ben has so much money all in one episode! Not to mention that 5 minute scene of Jacob breakdancing!!

:thumbsup:

What an episode!!!

I can't believe they revealed what the black smoke is, where the island gets its powers, and how Ben has so much money all in one episode! Not to mention that 5 minute scene of Jacob breakdancing!!

B-)

:thumbsup:

I was surprised by that as well, but think back to last season when he clearly said to Kate"trust me, you are not my type". So much I miss in this show, they give you all the clues you need, I just too dumb to figure them out

I was LMAO, when they showed Tom with another guy. I remembered when he told Kate "trust me, you are not my type". I remember after that episode a lot of people on this board were shocked at him saying that, and thus concluded that Tom had to be gay. Sure enough.

• 2 weeks later...

TV Guide’s Michael Ausiello is reporting that the fourth season of “Lost” – originally set for 16 episodes, then cut back to 13 thanks to the writers’ strike – might end up with 14 hours after all.

4.9, the next new episode, is currently slated to air April 24, two weeks from Thursday.

Read all of Ausiello’s story on the matter here.

• 2 weeks later...

Possible spoiler for those who like to know absolutely nothing about future episodes-

On the latest ABC Lost podcast, the writers said that something significant about the black smoke will be revealed in this week's episode. They said it could range from a total explanation to a realization that there is no possible explanation. I hope this thing makes sense, whatever it is. I'm thinking it is controlled somehow by the Others, maybe by whoever is running the Temple or a station in a yet to be discovered area. Also, they said that we will definitively know the fate of Rousseau and Karl and who has taken Alex. Regardless, I can't freakin wait for the rest of this season!

Possible spoiler for those who like to know absolutely nothing about future episodes-

If you are going to post spoilers in this thread, maybe you could use the "spolier" feature under special items so we don't accidentally catch a glimpse. Thanks for the warning though. :P

First, to say something about the "spoiler" above.... how much of a spoiler is it when both of those things have appeared in the preview ABC has shown a million times in the past few weeks? As such, I think it's now fair game to be commented on. If you want to remain a mushroom (kept in the dark and fed bullsh--) despite the free and open showing by the producers from the preview, I will yellow-font for the totally Lost-pure.

You can obviously hear (and dude, I've had major ear problems for the past few weeks) the roar of the 'monster' in the background as Ben is shown in close-up, and, to wit, they showed who has Alex (it's the captain of the freighter and he shouts to someone that he has taken Alex captive).

Secondly, I wanted to share some overall thoughts I've been milling about. Thinking specifically of the psychic who claimed to have found a couple in Los Angeles who could safely adopt Claire's baby before he gave her the 815 tickets. I'm heading in the direction that by the couple, he meant Jack and Kate. Think about it, specifically how things went with the Oceanic Six.... with some drama arising from Jack adamantly refusing to see Aaron in the flashforwards whose resolution being Jack's acceptance of his role will be a wrap-up element in the series (by no means suggesting it's the penultimate one). And think about it further, Jack is Aaron's half-uncle... can't connect it any better than that in a show whose bread and butter is the connections b/w the characters.

Speaking about connections, also have been thinking about Juliet, and how she physically got to the island wrt the Desmond fatal time-confusion-w/o-a-constant episode. Her constant was Ethan, who she saw in the hallway at her sister's apartment in Miami --- a deliberate recognition that the Others planted so she wouldn't have those problems. And maybe this has been discussed or is accepted knowledge by now (I don't remember what was in the previous thread erased in the Great Stadium Wall Crash of '08) that it's only the Lostaways' and other inhabitants' previous connections back in the real world that kept them alive on the plane. The flashbacks are reveals of the connections that kept them alive. As I've written earlier, the Desmond-centric episodes are probably the most important clues to understanding how the island functions --- its MO in converging these people and discarding the rest. By that sense, could one call the island a murderer?

First, to say something about the "spoiler" above.... how much of a spoiler is it when both of those things have appeared in the preview ABC has shown a million times in the past few weeks? As such, I think it's now fair game to be commented on. If you want to remain a mushroom (kept in the dark and fed bullsh--) despite the free and open showing by the producers from the preview, I will yellow-font for the totally Lost-pure.

You can obviously hear (and dude, I've had major ear problems for the past few weeks) the roar of the 'monster' in the background as Ben is shown in close-up, and, to wit, they showed who has Alex (it's the captain of the freighter and he shouts to someone that he has taken Alex captive).

Secondly, I wanted to share some overall thoughts I've been milling about. Thinking specifically of the psychic who claimed to have found a couple in Los Angeles who could safely adopt Claire's baby before he gave her the 815 tickets. I'm heading in the direction that by the couple, he meant Jack and Kate. Think about it, specifically how things went with the Oceanic Six.... with some drama arising from Jack adamantly refusing to see Aaron in the flashforwards whose resolution being Jack's acceptance of his role will be a wrap-up element in the series (by no means suggesting it's the penultimate one). And think about it further, Jack is Aaron's half-uncle... can't connect it any better than that in a show whose bread and butter is the connections b/w the characters.

Speaking about connections, also have been thinking about Juliet, and how she physically got to the island wrt the Desmond fatal time-confusion-w/o-a-constant episode. Her constant was Ethan, who she saw in the hallway at her sister's apartment in Miami --- a deliberate recognition that the Others planted so she wouldn't have those problems. And maybe this has been discussed or is accepted knowledge by now (I don't remember what was in the previous thread erased in the Great Stadium Wall Crash of '08) that it's only the Lostaways' and other inhabitants' previous connections back in the real world that kept them alive on the plane. The flashbacks are reveals of the connections that kept them alive. As I've written earlier, the Desmond-centric episodes are probably the most important clues to understanding how the island functions --- its MO in converging these people and discarding the rest. By that sense, could one call the island a murderer?

I don't watch ABC outside of Lost, so I haven't seen any previews. I didn't think it would be a true spoiler anyway, for obvious reasons, but I do know people that don't even watch previews because they want to know absolutely nothing about the next episode. Anyway, your thoughts on the constant, esp. Ethan being in Juliet's sister's apartment building, is really intriguing. I don't doubt that Desmond and Faraday aren't the only ones being affected by the whole constant thing, though they are just the ones that are the most aware of it. It could really be a major key. Great theory. Only 2 more hours!!!

Holy sh--!

I'm having hearing problems associated w/ an ear infection so I had a devil of a time following, but for all those who wanted answers, we got a pretty big one tonight re: the 'monster' (and evidently, more to come). Ben can summon it by going into the secret chamber w/in the secret chamber. Anyone see what that was on the door? Looked like wood carvings but didn't have time to see. But also, is this the room Ben referred to as the 'Magic Box' where anything you want can appear?

Also, come to find out that this is all like a gentlemen's game of Risk, as this ep went to lengths to show us, or maybe a reverse-Highlander is a better comparison. A select group of men battle it out for control over this one or more spots on the globe. They can manipulate, kill, cajole all of these "pawns" to get what they want, but the strict rule is that they cannot hurt/kill each other, or up until tonight, their family. Kind of an old-fashioned ideal they're working with. So, now, Ben is tentatively viewed as the "good guy" in all this.... then again, from his smirk in walking away from Sayid, I don't doubt that he ordered Nadia to be killed to get Sayid to want to join him.

The first 6 eps this season have been the set-up and now we're getting the delivery. Awesome.

Two things:

1. My prediction is that the season finale will consist of Sayid killing Penny as a part of his contract killer deal with Ben.

2. I had the most messed up dream last night, and I think it was triggered by Whidmore's comment about keeping scotch by the bed since he started having nightmares. Anyway, I don't remember specifics of the dream, all I remember is that I was visited by a ghost. The ghost was a woman wearing a very vibrant green and red patterned dress (think the watermelon blow-pop colors) and she was rather heavy (looked like Mama Cass). She came up to my bed and told me to get up or something. At this point I lurched out of bed (literally) and ran through the transparent ghost figure. I ran all the way downstairs before I figured out what was going on. It was the most vivid dream I ever had, and I really think it was a ghost. I couldn't go back to sleep after that.

Holy sh--!

I'm having hearing problems associated w/ an ear infection so I had a devil of a time following, but for all those who wanted answers, we got a pretty big one tonight re: the 'monster' (and evidently, more to come). Ben can summon it by going into the secret chamber w/in the secret chamber. Anyone see what that was on the door? Looked like wood carvings but didn't have time to see. But also, is this the room Ben referred to as the 'Magic Box' where anything you want can appear?

Also, come to find out that this is all like a gentlemen's game of Risk, as this ep went to lengths to show us, or maybe a reverse-Highlander is a better comparison. A select group of men battle it out for control over this one or more spots on the globe. They can manipulate, kill, cajole all of these "pawns" to get what they want, but the strict rule is that they cannot hurt/kill each other, or up until tonight, their family. Kind of an old-fashioned ideal they're working with. So, now, Ben is tentatively viewed as the "good guy" in all this.... then again, from his smirk in walking away from Sayid, I don't doubt that he ordered Nadia to be killed to get Sayid to want to join him.

The first 6 eps this season have been the set-up and now we're getting the delivery. Awesome.

Did you notice how dirty Ben was after re-entering the house. It was as though the "monster" passed over or through him or something, it should be pretty cool when they show how he indeed conjured up the "monster". But did the monster kill those men or just rough them up? They showed the one dude in the previews for the upcoming weeks episode.

And yes, the gentlemen's agreement was definitely broken. Never harm family, seems to be the pact. I have to think Desmond will be involved in protecting Penny from Ben. All in all a very good episode, but too many damn commercials....

1. My prediction is that the season finale will consist of Sayid killing Penny as a part of his contract killer deal with Ben.

Certainly looks like that will be the case. Which is most likely the reason Ben theoretically had Sayid's wife killed as UConn eluded to earlier.

Two things:

I think when Ben gives Sayid orders to kill Penny...he will realize he was manipulated by Ben....