JAY ROSEN: DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many posters have, the last couple days -before this meltdown. I never had a problem with it.. Maybe MY computer is sick.. :thumbdown:

My brother couldn't get into yesterday either and he's a computer whiz. I could, but I had problems with it (going to that network solutions page) on Tuesday.

Thanks, guys. That's a relief. I was able to get through to the Bills most of the time, but would get redirected on other occasions. I emailed Network Solutions, but have yet to get a response. I'm guessing the Bills site is/was infected.

Thanks, guys. That's a relief. I was able to get through to the Bills most of the time, but would get redirected on other occasions. I emailed Network Solutions, but have yet to get a response. I'm guessing the Bills site is/was infected.

More likely there was a DNS change of some sort (which gave some people the parked page as it was updating across all DNS servers).

More likely there was a DNS change of some sort (which gave some people the parked page as it was updating across all DNS servers).

That's what I thought, at first, as I've had similar things happen. But, I was getting two different landing pages...and sometimes getting through to buffalobills.com, just fine. Also, once I disallowed buffalobills.com on NoScript, the redirect stopped while using Firefox...but continued (on and off) on my IE browser (which doesn't have NoScript).

What made me think the problem was on my laptop is, the desktop got through to buffalobills.com every time, with no issue. (Both machines are connected via the same DSL router.)

I don't know a VERY little about DNS, so perhaps that is all explainable with a DNS change. It seemed odd to me, though.

That's what I thought, at first, as I've had similar things happen. But, I was getting two different landing pages...and sometimes getting through to buffalobills.com, just fine. Also, once I disallowed buffalobills.com on NoScript, the redirect stopped while using Firefox...but continued (on and off) on my IE browser (which doesn't have NoScript).

What made me think the problem was on my laptop is, the desktop got through to buffalobills.com every time, with no issue. (Both machines are connected via the same DSL router.)

I don't know a VERY little about DNS, so perhaps that is all explainable with a DNS change. It seemed odd to me, though.

If NoScript stopped it from happening, it was likely a piece of Javascript code that was screwed up somewhere.

Stupid question,but, Jay Rosen is not "really" dead, right?

Jus checkin. Carry on.

Considering that he posted earlier in this thread, you can safely assume he's just being blamed for another hardware crash.

Dumb question...Who is Jay Rosen?

Ephemeral aura.

A haunt.

A Pooka...a fairy spirit in animal form. Always very large. The pooka appears here and there, now and then, to this one and that one at his own caprice. A benign but mischievous creature. Very fond of rum-pots and crackpots.

Now THAT was bizarre. What complicated matters for me is, at the same time this place went down, buffalobills.com started getting redirected to a Network Solutions' page and/or an Adbaaz.com page. I have repeatedly checked my computer for any infection, and haven't found one...but, can't explain the redirect otherwise. Everything is now resolved.

Did anyone else had the problem with the Bills' site?

I had the same thing happen and I freaked out I figured

1- we made a HUGE offseason move OR

2-We Moved in the offseason--> to Toronto, Baltimore Colts style

Now THAT was bizarre. What complicated matters for me is, at the same time this place went down, buffalobills.com started getting redirected to a Network Solutions' page and/or an Adbaaz.com page. I have repeatedly checked my computer for any infection, and haven't found one...but, can't explain the redirect otherwise. Everything is now resolved.

Did anyone else had the problem with the Bills' site?

ya Dean, a lot of us did, it started a couple days ago. Totally unrelated to TBD meltdown. Some people were able to access buffalobills.com, others got the NS futbol page. Some wack DNS problem.

How do you know you're an addict.... when you're steadily hitting the refresh button thinking maybe you'll get through. A few hours later you give up and consider going to espn.com for some Bills jones.