I was wondering

dib

I know this is moot and picayune but it has bothered me since the game. Lets say that the game is in the middle of the 2nd, or at some point where there is significant time left in the game. DP smashes his stick on the post. Does this warrant an unsportsmanlike conduct call and a 2 min penalty?

I know this is moot and picayune but it has bothered me since the game. Lets say that the game is in the middle of the 2nd, or at some point where there is significant time left in the game. DP smashes his stick on the post. Does this warrant an unsportsmanlike conduct call and a 2 min penalty?

I don't think Ive seen that ever called. If someone throws his stick in disgust he can get called though.

Forgot who it was, maybe Sillinger, got a penalty called against him and fired the puck towards the official that called it. If he doesn't get a penalty for that, then breaking a stick would not warrent a penalty.

unless he breaks it over an opposing player's head, they aren't going to call that stuff in the playoffs.

I play goalie and when I do that with my stick my penalty is that I have to buy a new stick.

DP has no such problem I'm sure.

His stick breaking technique was excellent.

I thought it was a practice golf swing for his Saturday tee time at the Garden City Country Club

I thought the same thing in the comeback game against the leafs when Miller threw his stick towards the ref after the 4th goal. I thought he was going to get tossed for unsportsman like.

I think if he did it at a ref, then yes a penalty or suspension should result from it, but breaking it over a goal post should only result in a penalty if it delays the game, or injures someone.

Maybe Ruff should have said DP should have been suspended for a month for that tantrum, it can't be anyworse then Nolan thinking Numminen (I believe he called him the kid, which is hilarious because teppo may be older then Nolan) should be suspended for causing Blake to dive into the boards