My Dying Mother

_BiB_

You are gonna buy her last words were "Integrity, integrity, integrity"?

Right. What a shameless whore. And I'm not even a Bushyite.

Sells his dead mother down the river for political gain.

Vote for Kerry. You desrve it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think those were her "last" words. Or maybe they were. He goes to tell her that he's going to run for president. People have said things like that to me more times than you'd know. It's powerful b/c it was intended to be; she felt that integrity was the most important value for a president.

I just lost a lot of respect for your opinions, BiB. I can't believe you're panning a dead woman whose advice was to live and act with integrity. Talk about the divisiveness and Say Anything in how we're making policy in this country. More like outright hatred of anyone who doesn't agree with you, b/c you're obviously the most important and smartest person in the history of the world. :w00t:

69211[/snapback]

i gotta believe that him telling her he was going to run for president is what really killed her.

Well, here's our daily dose of compassion from the extreme right.  Way to go, fellas, pile right on the guy's dead mother.  Sweet.

69326[/snapback]

You have no idea as to how vile that is. If you think it's right, you know no idea of love, nor devotion. Figures. Vote for Kerry. Whoowhaaa.

I thought it was particularly compassionate of Kerry to throw out Dick Cheney's daughter for political advantage.

69360[/snapback]

John Edwards brought up Dick Cheney's daughter and her sexual preference in their debate sitting right next to big Dick, and big Dick went way out of his way to thank John Edwards for his kind words and sentiment.

Now, as to this question, let me say first that I think the vice president and his wife love their daughter. I think they love her very much. And you can't have anything but respect for the fact that they're willing to talk about the fact that they have a gay daughter, the fact that they embrace her. It's a wonderful thing. And there are millions of parents like that who love their children, who want their children to be happy.

And I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, and so does John Kerry.

CHENEY: Well, Gwen, let me simply thank the senator for the kind words he said about my family and our daughter. I appreciate that very much.

IFILL: That's it?

CHENEY: That's it.

John Edwards brought up Dick Cheney's daughter and her sexual preference in their debate sitting right next to big Dick, and big Dick went way out of his way to thank John Edwards for his kind words and sentiment.

Okay libs, obviously any thought of rational conversation around PPP is dead. To equate the nature of the conversation in the VP debate with the way Kerry introduced it tonight just proves it.

69211[/snapback]

Whats the difference between that and him useing Cheny's daughter as a political tool. That was LOW and ignorant by any ones standards...even a liberals.

Okay libs, obviously any thought of rational conversation around PPP is dead.  To equate the nature of the conversation in the VP debate with the way Kerry introduced it tonight just proves it.

69372[/snapback]

I believe both questions in the debates were posed by the two moderators about same sex marriages/gay unions. I know the first one was and if memory serves, so was the second one.

In fact, the first one was about the constitutional ban on same sex marriage, and the second one was how did you come to the conclusion of being against gay marriage. Not much difference, exact same subject.

I believe both questions in the debates were posed by the two moderators about same sex marriages/gay unions. I know the first one was and if memory serves, so was the second one.

In the Veep debate, the moderator asked a question to Cheney that invoked his experience with his daughter relative to Bush's policy. It was a direct question that gave Cheney the opportunity to show a personal side. Edwards' follow-up to the response naturally involved the daughter because she was part of the question. It was done very respectfully and was a high note for that debate.

Kerry invoked Cheney's daughter for political points. Big difference. Many believe it was the low point of the night.

In the Veep debate, the moderator asked a question to Cheney that invoked his experience with his daughter relative to Bush's policy.  It was a direct question that gave Cheney the opportunity to show a personal side.  Edwards' follow-up to the response naturally involved the daughter because she was part of the question.  It was done very respectfully and was a high note for that debate.

Kerry invoked Cheney's daughter for political points.  Big difference.  Many believe it was the low point of the night.

69387[/snapback]

One would think, after another candidate brought up the daughter in a debate, and the VP thanked him very much for it, that it was not so outrageous to bring it up in a respectful way, which he did. You disagree that it was respectful, and you're entitled to that thought.

Well, here's our daily dose of compassion from the extreme right.  Way to go, fellas, pile right on the guy's dead mother.  Sweet.

69326[/snapback]

stevestojan. "Pile on" the dead guy's mother? First of all...it has nothing to do with his mother, it has to do with whether you believe his "quote" of her "last words" was pandering nonsense.

Second...why not criticize the asѕhole that made Kerry's mother a campaign issue in the first place: John F. Kerry. Sure, he can use the death of a loved one for political gain...but anyone who points out that using it as a political tool (and more likely than not being dishonest about it - is anyone really dumb enough to belive her last words were "Integrity. Intregity. Intregity"?) is wrong for doing it. Jesus Christ...who the !@#$ taught you right from wrong? Do you people get your morals at some KMart blue-light special or something?

I could care a rat's as$ whether you respect me or not. My wife died 5 months ago while I was at work. Suddenly, no warning. My wife, my partner, my best friend. My only reason for living. I still cry every day. I'm very sensitive to things of that nature. I think bringing up your dead anyone is a shameless and vile act when done for personal gain. I could never conceive of doing something that crappy or disrespectful. Judge me all you want. Sorry POS, is what I think he is. Has nothing to do with politics. And the man has the integrity of a sewer rat to boot. Who's disrespecting who? No, I'm not the smartest nor the most important person in history. F-U-C-K Wad. Neither are you. I will say it's likely you'd last about one day where I work. Has little to do with smarts.

Go "respect" Michael Moore. F-U-C-K you. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

69452[/snapback]

Let me first say I am truly sorry for your loss. It obviously must not be easy for you or anyone who loses a loved one. But I'm not a person who believes that by invoking that someone close to you died, somehow gives you an excuse to write the response you gave last night that was deleted by the mods and that you have re-produced here this morning in an attempt to get a reaction out of me in like kind. You'll not get it.

I do not deign to tell Mr. Kerry how to remember, talk about, and take on with him the memory and words of his mother. You lambaste him for showing his sentiment, and then you do the self-same above. I don't think the worst of you for doing so. Bob Sheffer asked a personal question about the women in the candidates' lives and the impact that they've had. It was obviously an important and enduring comment that he shared with us. I'm not going to dispute that those were among her last words; I wasn't there.

As I PM'ed AD last night:

"I love this country, but it's sad to see that AQ never imagined how effective they were at throwing a monkey wrench into the very heart of our democracy, which comes in the respect we have for each other as citizens with our own opinions. Little did they know (or maybe they did) the effect it'd have on splitting us from within."

I come here in search of a rational discussion of PPP, and I only see more and more personal attacks of a one-line response of 'You don't know what you're talking about,' calling someone a "Whore" or F-bombs simply b/c there's a disagreement. It crosses the line of civil debate, and I lose respect for people who resort to it.

The ad hom attacks need to stop. Take care.

I do not deign to tell Mr. Kerry how to remember, talk about, and take on with him the memory and words of his mother. You lambaste him for showing his sentiment, and then you do the self-same above. It was a personal question about the women in the candidates' lives and the impact that they've had. It was obviously an important and enduring comment that he shared with us.

69495[/snapback]

No, he lambasted him because he thinks the sentiment's faked and he's just pandering to the crowd.

Personally, I agree with BiB. At this point, I wouldn't put it past Kerry to just make stevestojan like that up.