leinart nailed by

mead107

Bull sh--.

Our former state police commissioner said he'd rather his police crack down on weavers, tailgaters and ---since they passed the law --- cell phone drivers (read: erratic, no-look) b/c they cause so many more accidents than marginal speeding it's not even funny (77, tho, is pushing it). In three years on a city force, my brother said that EVERY SINGLE ONE of the car accidents he's covered (and it's lots, considering they give those to the newbies) had cell phones involved with one or both drivers.

Let's see the cameras for what they are. A civic cash generator.

Let's see what happens to the NJ gov's police chauffer. He was driving 91 mph, which led to the accident, to get the guv to the Imus-RutgersWBB meeting (really important, that! :beer: ).

A sustained pattern of criminal behavior... This really is embarrassing for the NFL. I fully expect the league to hand down a harsh fine/suspension. :beer:

Leinart's just livin the thug life.

Bull sh--.

Our former state police commissioner said he'd rather his police crack down on weavers, tailgaters and ---since they passed the law --- cell phone drivers (read: erratic, no-look) b/c they cause so many more accidents than marginal speeding it's not even funny (77, tho, is pushing it). In three years on a city force, my brother said that EVERY SINGLE ONE of the car accidents he's covered (and it's lots, considering they give those to the newbies) had cell phones involved with one or both drivers.

Let's see the cameras for what they are. A civic cash generator.

Let's see what happens to the NJ gov's police chauffer. He was driving 91 mph, which led to the accident, to get the guv to the Imus-RutgersWBB meeting (really important, that! :beer: ).

OH has bought more motorcycles specifically to target those weavers, tailgaters, etc. The theory being that the motorcycle cop on the road is harder for the miscreants to detect .

Here in OH, as elsewhere, cities are trying to implement stop-light cameras. The claim being they stop accidents. The goal being revenue.

It's my understanding that they increase crashes as folks stop quickly to avoid betting ticketed, and get rear-ended..or race to beat the light . Also there are question about who gets a fine? They record the car's plate...but who is driving? I've read that the simple idea of setting the signal so that all 4 directions experience a simultaneous red light for at least 1 second really does help.

If it's revenue they are after, I suggest they sent out police crews to multiple intersections and start ticketing those who fail to use their turn signals. A city that did that would become as rich as Croesus...

OH has bought more motorcycles specifically to target those weavers, tailgaters, etc. The theory being that the motorcycle cop on the road is harder for the miscreants to detect .

Here in OH, as elsewhere, cities are trying to implement stop-light cameras. The claim being they stop accidents. The goal being revenue.

It's my understanding that they increase crashes as folks stop quickly to avoid betting ticketed, and get rear-ended..or race to beat the light . Also there are question about who gets a fine? They record the car's plate...but who is driving? I've read that the simple idea of setting the signal so that all 4 directions experience a simultaneous red light for at least 1 second really does help.

If it's revenue they are after, I suggest they sent out police crews to multiple intersections and start ticketing those who fail to use their turn signals. A city that did that would become as rich as Croesus...

It all goes toward furthering Franklin's precience with your first sig line; only, in place of 'people' insert 'politicians.'

In DC, the photo enforcement tickets (speeding and red light) come with instructions "If you pay by mail, you don't get any points on your license. If you challenge this in court, the fine doubles and you do get points"...when actually, if you challenge it in court, they throw it out without a hearing. Reason being: the cameras are contracted by the DC police, they're actually owned and operated by a private company that takes about half the revenue they generate. The city wants the cash, but absolutely does not want it on record that half you fine goes to a private corporation.

Of course, as corruption goes in DC, that's pretty minor (I could tell stories about the city government, the Nationals, and the new ball park... :wallbash:). But still...

Also there are question about who gets a fine? They record the car's plate...but who is driving?

I believe there was a court decision on this somewhere in the country within the past two weeks that's resulting in lots of municipalities (Arlington VA among them, I think, which is how I heard of it) reconsidering just this question. Wish I remembered the details - I don't even remember what state it was in.

:wallbash:<_<!@#Leinart and that petty speeding charge; I’d rather talk about Paris Hilton and her outstanding BJ’s…!!!!! After a night with her who would give a sh*t about a speeding ticket…..or much else for that matter…. :lol: