Mike Bush in 3rd to 4th round?

Kuile

Just saw Kiper talking about RBs on ESPN and he now has Bush going in the 4th round area, maybe late 3rd. He won't be ready to go (broken leg) until later in the summer, but he might be worth a shot in the 4th, esp. with our two 3rd round picks.

I find it interesting that this player has slipped. He could not only be a steal but especially in an area of need for us.

Bush plays soft and still has not recoverd from his injury in game 1.

He would be worth our phantom 5th rounder. ^_^

Just saw Kiper talking about RBs on ESPN and he now has Bush going in the 4th round area, maybe late 3rd. He won't be ready to go (broken leg) until later in the summer, but he might be worth a shot in the 4th, esp. with our two 3rd round picks.

I agree with you, Kuile.

Look, I'm not holding my breathe, but this is a guy I think has a chance of being special somewhere down the road. As opposed to other positions, I think it is worth taking a gamble on him even if we get a RB in R 2.

I agree with you, Kuile.

Look, I'm not holding my breathe, but this is a guy I think has a chance of being special somewhere down the road. As opposed to other positions, I think it is worth taking a gamble on him even if we get a RB in R 2.

dont know about round 2 but definetly round 3. i think well go D in both rounds 1 and 2. unless we take Pittman in RD 2. then we would take Shaw i hope in Rd 3. that guy looks like a monster!

I don't see us taking him with that injury. Its time to move to a 9 win season, and I suspect that a lot of the decision making will be based on that predicate. Once you get by Peterson and possibly Lynch the goal will be not Mr. Right...but rather Mr. Right Now, as far as the running back situation goes. I see Pittman or Irons as the most likely candidates.

it's going to be a while until bush has the strength back in his one leg. is he even going to be able to contribute this year if we draft him ?

Bush thinks July (it was in an IGN article) but I don't know whether he was just being optimistic.

Additionally, tennesseeboy makes a great point which I've previously endorsed, but which I sometimes forget; we should stay away at speculative picks at this stage. I do like Bush but we probably should not draft him.

Bush plays soft and still has not recoverd from his injury in game 1.

He would be worth our phantom 5th rounder. :blink:

It's true that he hasn't recovered, but I watched every game of his college career (and even a couple of high school games) and never realized he was soft. Please fill me in as to how you reached this conclusion. I'm assuming you've studied quite a bit of film.

I am not endorsing a move to get him, but I agree that if the Bills want him, they'll probably have use one of those 3rd rounders to get him. Even with the injury history -- and the possibility that he could sit out his entire rookie season -- SOME team will take a chance on him. The recent success of Frank Gore will drive teams in that direction.

It's true that he hasn't recovered, but I watched every game of his college career (and even a couple of high school games) and never realized he was soft. Please fill me in as to how you reached this conclusion. I'm assuming you've studied quite a bit of film.

He does not break tackles.

For a back his size, he is knocked down by very minimal contact.

Looks like the clone of Ron Dayne.

I am not endorsing a move to get him, but I agree that if the Bills want him, they'll probably have use one of those 3rd rounders to get him. Even with the injury history -- and the possibility that he could sit out his entire rookie season -- SOME team will take a chance on him. The recent success of Frank Gore will drive teams in that direction.

More than likely the team that takes a chance on him will be the Atlanta Falcons.

The recent success of Frank Gore will drive teams in that direction.

Frank Gore was a MONSTER before his injuries. I'm not saying that Bush stunk, but he doesnt run that hard for a big man. He's not that fast, and he has a broken leg. If you add them up, it doesnt equal a starting rb in the NFL.

He does not break tackles.

For a back his size, he is knocked down by very minimal contact.

Looks like the clone of Ron Dayne.

Exactly. I"ve never seen a guy that big get taken down so easily. Granted, if you try to tackle him high, he can shrug you off, but put a finger on his ankle and he falls over. Crazy.