Whaddya think of this mock

BillsVet

McShay has his complete 7 round mock draft...he's got us going with the following:

1 (12) Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss

2 (43) Antonio Pittman RB Ohio St

3a(74) Tim Shaw LB Penn St

3b(92) Tarell Brown CB Texas

4 (111) Kareem Brown DE Miami

6 (184) Le'Ron McClain FB Alabama

7a (222) David Ball WR New Hampshire

7b (239) Anthony Pudewell TE Nevada

I really like it. I really do, except for one little thing. Rather not have anyone affiliated with the "U." Aside from that, we address some needs and get some potentially strong performers. Then again, who knows. Thoughts?

McShay has his complete 7 round mock draft...he's got us going with the following:

I really like it. I really do, except for one little thing. Rather not have anyone affiliated with the "U." Aside from that, we address some needs and get some potentially strong performers. Then again, who knows. Thoughts?

Not so much the school, but I don't like the position. I can't see us drafting DE that early. Also, I don't know anything about Tim Shaw, so I can't comment on that pick. So other than Brown, I definitely like the draft.....all the way down to Ball and Pudewell who would be great picks that late in the draft.

Pretty decent mock for the Bills, addresses most of our needs. However, I'd like to get a receiver well before the 7th round. I don't like the Kareem Brown pick, but only because we already have a lot of D-Linemen as is.

And just because the Bills had a bad experience with Willis doesn't mean everyone from "the U" is an automatic team cancer. Roscoe Parrish has been nothing but a team player since we drafted him. A guy I would like in this year's draft is Jon Beason, who fits our defense well and is known as a team player and leader.

Not so much the school, but I don't like the position. I can't see us drafting DE that early. Also, I don't know anything about Tim Shaw, so I can't comment on that pick. So other than Brown, I definitely like the draft.....all the way down to Ball and Pudewell who would be great picks that late in the draft.

Tim Shaw outplayed the almighty Pos at Penn State. He is the better value

I still believe that AP is our main focus in the draft. I gotta believe that if he slip past #5 that Marv will trade our 1, and both 3's to grab him. If he is gone thatn we will sit fast at 12 and grab Willis or Poz if Willis is gone. Either way we target our guy.

Kareem Brown is actually a DT. I don't know why they have him as a DE here. Maybe in a 3-4.

Grabbing a LB and RB with our first two picks makes perfect sense, but of course we're not GM's of the Buffalo Bills. That said, I think Shaw might be a sleeper. Now I'm not saying because he's a PSU LB that this guarantees success, but being from a program that produces LB's is something that could further his progression in the NFL.

I'm all for DT's in the draft if Brown is in fact not a DE. If there's one position we're deep at, it's DE.

I think David Ball has some excellent possession skills and might contribute as a #3 WR. It'd be nice to get a WR higher, but we've got more pressing needs.

The same think I think of all mock drafts. Worthless information.

Grabbing a LB and RB with our first two picks makes perfect sense, but of course we're not GM's of the Buffalo Bills. That said, I think Shaw might be a sleeper. Now I'm not saying because he's a PSU LB that this guarantees success, but being from a program that produces LB's is something that could further his progression in the NFL.

I'm all for DT's in the draft if Brown is in fact not a DE. If there's one position we're deep at, it's DE.

I think David Ball has some excellent possession skills and might contribute as a #3 WR. It'd be nice to get a WR higher, but we've got more pressing needs.

I think they are deep at DE and DT so taking one (especially early) would be a bit of a waste because they would probably end up on the PS or cut. With Hargrove (a DE that can also play DT) and Anderson signing their tenders, The Bills now have 4 DE's (a position where only 2 see the field at a time) and 5 DT's (a position where only 2 see the field at a time), carrying anymore would be wasting roster spots in IMO

I think they are deep at DE and DT so taking one (especially early) would be a bit of a waste because they would probably end up on the PS or cut. With Hargrove (a DE that can also play DT) and Anderson signing their tenders, The Bills now have 4 DE's (a position where only 2 see the field at a time) and 5 DT's (a position where only 2 see the field at a time), carrying anymore would be wasting roster spots in IMO

you are correct sir.

Okoye is the only one I could see if Willis is gone because he could conceivably take Hargrove's place and play DE if he had to.

I dont want anything to do with Pittman. He is a cancer waiting to happen. I would like to see Tanard Jackson from SU, and Jon Beason would be a good fit as well. Quincy Black seems alright also. I am a Tony Hunt and Kenny Irons fan. I just really dont want Pittman.

Why is Pittman a "cancer"? I wanna hear this.

Tim Anderson is already a waste of a roster spot and will simply be cut if we get any kind of DT. I am also kind of sick of the Hargrove can play DT posts, too, because Hargrove is a DE who is only serviceable at DT on passing downs and passing downs only. It's the equivalent of saying that Ryan Denney is a DT but he's not. Neither can play DT on first and second downs. We have five DTs and exactly none of them are run stuffers, which is arguably the most important element of an NFL team and our greatest weakness last year. McCargo is our best hope at it and the only reason he is playing that position is because we have other guys to play the three gap. McCargo is probably better suited to play the position Tripplett and Walker play. We need a guy that disrupts the backfield on running plays. Kyle Williams was a surprise, not a good player.

I dont want anything to do with Pittman. He is a cancer waiting to happen. I would like to see Tanard Jackson from SU, and Jon Beason would be a good fit as well. Quincy Black seems alright also. I am a Tony Hunt and Kenny Irons fan. I just really dont want Pittman.

Just curious, why? I haven't heard anything about Pittman being a bad guy.

Tim Anderson is already a waste of a roster spot and will simply be cut if we get any kind of DT. I am also kind of sick of the Hargrove can play DT posts, too, because Hargrove is a DE who is only serviceable at DT on passing downs and passing downs only. It's the equivalent of saying that Ryan Denney is a DT but he's not. Neither can play DT on first and second downs. We have five DTs and exactly none of them are run stuffers, which is arguably the most important element of an NFL team and our greatest weakness last year. McCargo is our best hope at it and the only reason he is playing that position is because we have other guys to play the three gap. McCargo is probably better suited to play the position Tripplett and Walker play. We need a guy that disrupts the backfield on running plays. Kyle Williams was a surprise, not a good player.

I completely agree that K. Williams was a surprise, but I'm not going to bank on him stopping the run. The Bills DT's are not the sure thing people are making them out to be. As we get closer to the draft, it's looking like Amobi Okoye will be gone before we pick. I want nothing to do with Alan Branch and would rather see Willis should Okoye be gone.

There are too many players who play decent their first season and fall completely off the map their second. I'm just not going to rely on K. Williams, McCargo and of course Anthony Hargrove to help us stop the run. We know what we've got in Tripplett (who needed his face on a milk carton) and D. Walker is a pass rushing force it appears.

I'm not convinced of that rotation.

So many people have us going with Pittman in Round 2 I'm convinced it can't possibly happen. I don't think this draft will be as predictable as some "experts" are making it. Willis and Pittman aren't the slam dunk it's being made, but I wouldn't be disappointed should we select both.

Tim Anderson will be cut in training camp. I do not see him making the final roster. What has Hargrove done to get everyone so excited? He is our 4th DE until proven otherwise. He is too small in the low 270's to play in the middle. I am not impressed with our DT's as far as stopping the run is concerned. Unless McCargo makes a huge jump, we will need another very big body in the middle to clog up the run.

Don't count us out of taking Alan Branch or another big body on the first day. If we fortify the D-line, the rest of the defense will be much better irregardless of who is playing linebacker and DB.

What you all don't seem to get is that what I said was Hargrove can play DT if necessary. He is a #4 DE (i.e. Depth, who can provide more depth for the DT's) They have their 2 starting DE's Schobel and Kelsay, with Denney as a Backup with Hargrove. (That gives the Bills 4 players at a position that only 2 see the field at a time)

As for DT, Buffalo has Tripplett, Walker and McCargo, all pretty much the starters in a rotation. Williams is also in the rotation, and they still have Anderson (yes I know that he is not the best, but hes depth right now with experience) That gives them 5 players at another position where only 2 see the field at a time with another player that can also play DT if it becomes absolutly necessary (Hargrove) Adding more players will only tie up more roster spots on the team, and cause them to use up more valuable resources. You would prefer they draft a backup DE/DT then a LB or RB who would become the starter?

I've said it in a couple posts today, The Cover 2 does not require the DT's to stop the run like most conventional defences, they are supposed to penetrate and get into the backfield to disrupt plays from happening. The LB's are the ones that are supposed to get to the LOS and stop the run if the DT's couldn't disrupt it in the backfield. Fletcher couldn't do this, he made the tackles too far downfield and thats why he was aloud to walk. Indy had a run D as bad as Buffalo until their one LB came back from injury around the playoffs, then like magic, they were able to stop the run. thats why the Cover 2 systems use smaller, quicker DT's

Tim Anderson may make the roster, but it will only be for Depth purposes, he won't see the field unless the Bills become hit with some injuries to the D-line