LETS GO BUFFALO

taterhill

What the !@#$ happened to the Sabres I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Lindy, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Yashin, he's a dead man! Satan, dead! Bergeron...DEAD

What the !@#$ happened to the Sabres I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Lindy, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Yashin, he's a dead man! Satan, dead! Bergeron...DEAD

Belushi??? Is that you????????

someone is gonna have to help out Ryan Miller! Did any other Sabres come to play tonight?

They look like they're trying too hard to score on DiPietro, and not hard enough to generate scoring chances on DiPietro. Play some damn defense, and let the transition game generate some damn scoring chances...

...or just mill around while Miller gets beaned in the head repeatedly. Either way. :thumbsup:

It wasn't pretty, but they do have the chance to take control in the next game.

I'm not sure it'll happen with the same kind of effort. It's tough to watch them, sometimes, when they get into that "milling around" mode -- reacting instead of acting.

It wasn't pretty, but they do have the chance to take control in the next game.

I'm not sure it'll happen with the same kind of effort. It's tough to watch them, sometimes, when they get into that "milling around" mode -- reacting instead of acting.

Let me say, the Sabres were very fortunate to come out of that first period tied with the Islanders. Give props to Miller, he was a million times sharper tonight, than he was in the first period of game two. He needed a good game.

That said, the Sabres not giving up any goals in the first was huge. I had no doubt that as the game wore on, Buffalo's speed would start to ware the Islanders down. I give the Isles credit for playing better than I thought they would (salu Teddy!), but the seperation of these two teams became very clear in the 3rd period. Buffalo outshot them 17-2, and the Islanders looked horrendous.

Even is "depsperation mode" (the final two or three minutes) they couldn't muster a shot on goal. Buffalo just skated circles around them, got every loose puck, broke up every Islander pass...don't want to be cocky...but I think we win the next two, as long as Miller plays like he did tonight...might want to dress Peters for this next game...it could get ugly!

I thoroughly enjoyed DP's dive. Goalie interference. What a farce.

That was a pretty nice 1/2 gainer he did. NHL has to start calling diving on its own. Not in conjunction with another infraction by the other team.