Your first concert

Great info, your Chefness.

BTW, when you said "Devon was born after Duane died" did you mean Derek? If so, more than 9 months after? :lol:

No I meant Gregg's son Devon. Devon looks more like his uncle than his dad. :worthy: But he was born after (yes, more than 9 months) Duane died.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, another question for you forty somethins out there?

What was the name of the club that one of the promoters owned out by the airport I think.

I saw three great shows there

1) The Police in 80 0r 81

2) Aerosmith--under the name of Dr J and the All Stars i think(BTW,hateAerosmith, just cool to see them in a club setting)

3) Al Dimeola(sp)- John McGlaughlin- Paco deLuccia(sp)

I can picture the place, it was a yellow building but cannot remeber the name for the life of me!

Harvey and Corkys Stage 1

Aerosmith played under the name of Dr. J Jones and the Interns

No I meant Gregg's son Devon. Devon looks more like his uncle than his dad. :worthy: But his was born after (yes, more than 9 months) Duane died.

Gotcha...thanks.

I'm going to inject some young blood into this...

FIRST

Chubby Checker - '95 UB Stadium

BEST

Pearl Jam - '04 HSBC

Best place to see a show - Toss up between:

Kool Haus (former warehouse) in Toronto

Moose & Goose (former front 54) in Thorold

My Cottage is also nice for outdoors in Port Tolusie (sp)

Moose and Goose is cool, I think I lost part of my hearing being too close to a speaker seeing Default there. Pretty cool show, I was also there for the Last time the Tea Party played there and they didn't go on til after 12 because of lighting problems, but they played til about 2. i think I also saw the trews there

My Cottage (Its Port Dalhousie, and just up the street is where Canadas famous killer Paul Bernardo lived and killed) is also cool because its basically a giant patio near the lake and they play on a deck. I've seen the tea Party there, Default, The Trews. Great to see concerts there on a sunny summer afternoon. Too bad it might be getting torn down. Theres some battles going on because that area (the block that cottage is on is supposed to be torn down and high end condos built in its place. They are trying to make the entire block a "Historical area" so it won't happen, but so far only Port Mansion has been saved.

Another goo spot in the area is Arizonas on Merritville Highway in Thorold. Its an outdoor patio bar that in the summer has concerts out front, right along the road. The front of the bar is a paved outdoor bar that usually holds big dance parties on weekends (and bike shows on Tuesdays) during the summer. I've seen a bunch of shows there. The Trews multiple times, The Tea Party almost every summer, Finger 11, and my favorite show they have had there, Matt Good. During one song he decided to grab an accoustic guitar with a wireless hook-up and he hopped off the stage and played across the street by the golf course, then on his way back across he tried to hail a cab, after the show he came out and drink with who ever stayed, unfortunately I had to wrk the next day so I left after the show, but a friend of mine met him after.

I'm guessing your from the area?

Harvey and Corkys Stage 1

Aerosmith played under the name of Dr. J Jones and the Interns

Had to post some of what I found researching on the net. Most prolly know this, but Harvey from Harvey and Corkys was Harvey Weinstein, he of Merimax films fame. I had no idea!

Second, trying to find the date of that Police show, the one in 79 was at Stage One. Was anyone else there?

But, looking at some Police notes, they started their first World Tour in Buffalo in 80( wow, the Police in Buffalo two times inside a year) and they have it listed at Clarks Gym at State University of NY. Was that venue at UB? If so, never heard of it or attended any concerts there. Anybody? Bueller?

Had to post some of what I found researching on the net. Most prolly know this, but Harvey from Harvey and Corkys was Harvey Weinstein, he of Merimax films fame. I had no idea!

Second, trying to find the date of that Police show, the one in 79 was at Stage One. Was anyone else there?

But, looking at some Police notes, they started their first World Tour in Buffalo in 80( wow, the Police in Buffalo two times inside a year) and they have it listed at Clarks Gym at State University of NY. Was that venue at UB? If so, never heard of it or attended any concerts there. Anybody? Bueller?

Clark Hall is on the Main St. campus and used to be where the Bulls played basketball. Very small venue (less than 5K seats, probably built in the 30's or 40's. I imagine it is still standing, at least it was while I was there (79-82, yikes!!!).

I remember going to concerts at Buff. State around that time. I saw the Pretenders there and many others(I'm just having trouble remembering them right now). I'm not sure if it was called Clarks Gym.

Clark Hall is on the Main St. campus and used to be where the Bulls played basketball. Very small venue (less than 5K seats, probably built in the 30's or 40's. I imagine it is still standing, at least it was while I was there (79-82, yikes!!!).

Did ya happen to catch the Police there in 80? Would have cool.

Anyway, taking this thread dwon memory lane, who remembers Talus? Found this about Stage One on a website. Holy Chit, U2 opened for Talus at stage one...wow

Brothers Danny & Rocco Oliverio on drums at the Poor House East in Williamsville, NY. Years later it would be a showcase room called Stage One. Groups such as U2, The Police, The Ramones, Aerosmith, Judas Priest and more would play there. U2 actually opened for Talas when they first came to America.

FIRST:

RUSH Presto Tour 1991 Charlotte Coliseum

BEST:

:nana: 3 night run of funk with Phish Phall of '97 :D

11/21/97, 11/22/97 Hampton Coliseum

11/23/97 LJMC Winston-Salem, NC

If you don't know you better ask somebody!!!! :nana:

Did ya happen to catch the Police there in 80? Would have cool.

Anyway, taking this thread dwon memory lane, who remembers Talus? Found this about Stage One on a website. Holy Chit, U2 opened for Talus at stage one...wow

Brothers Danny & Rocco Oliverio on drums at the Poor House East in Williamsville, NY. Years later it would be a showcase room called Stage One. Groups such as U2, The Police, The Ramones, Aerosmith, Judas Priest and more would play there. U2 actually opened for Talas when they first came to America.

Talas was my favorite local band ... saw them 100's of times. I still have the albums they released back then. They played at Stage 1 tons of times. I also remember seeing them at the Barrel Head in West Seneca, He + Shes in Tonawanda and many other places around the area.

Memorial Day weekend, 1966, the SANDSABARN, Warsaw/Perry, NY

The Blues Magoos "(We Ain't Got) Nothin' Yet"

One hit wonders, with a great sound.

I had to lie about my age because it was a teen club and I was only twelve! :devil:

This song is on a compilation CD called Psychedlic Pop - real garage band trippers:

The Animals

The Byrds

The Electric Prunes

The Jefferson Airplane

Tradewinds

The Strawberry Alarm Clock

The Lemon Pipers

Status Quo

Eire Apparent

Vanilla Fudge

Fever Tree

The Blues Magoos

What, no Bubble Puppy!? :devil:

My favorite? This is very hard, but - The Who in 1973 right after they released Who's Next?

First one: Lou Reed opened for The Kinks. I think it was around 1970.

The best? Too many " Bests" to list.

LOVED Lou Reed but never saw him.

The Kinks were FUN! After two hours, they still had not played a song I did not know.

My first concert (not sure why my parents would let me go to these and get wasted at age 15) was the Summerfest show in 1977 at the Stadium It was Donovan, then J Giels Band, then Seger (this part was what turned me into a concert nut for life - I had the albums and didn't know that at a concert everybody else knew all the songs, too!) and then Yes.

I'd love to hear if anybody else was at that show. That was towards the end of the run of Summerfests. I didn't consider Stones concerts with two openers the same as the summerfests.