Bills And Bolts are talking trade talks

Your talking about a guy who's coming out this year and a guy who came out 3 years ago. Do you really think anybody thinking of trading for MT is looking at his Northern Illinois tapes? I mean get real, what he did then means jack. And what did I do in college? Pfff, I produced, that's all I'll say :wallbash:

People are pretty much going on what Adrian Peterson looked like as a freshman. That was, oh yeah, three years ago.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I am pretty sure i pointed out in my post, I watch next to no chargers games. That is why I said the boy had a hell of a college career, and not neccasrily all agaisn't D1AA clubs. And I do believe how guys played in college when they relatively little experience in the pros does weigh in. Brett Farve trade comes to mind. Like I said, I have no earthly idea if Turner will tyrn out to be the next Jerome Bettis(ggod trade for the steelers) or the next Blait Thomas, just relaying what he looked like agaisn't my squad two years in a row in college.

Im not trying to bash your post, I may have come off that way but not at all. I understand where your coming from, I shouldn't have said his college career has NO relevance, but I think in terms of this deal and most, if the guy has had enough NFL exposure(WHich I think Turner has, considering he wasn't just a guy who played during blowouts) you can forget the college tapes. And considering you got to see him live against your boys at school you probably have seen more of him than most, I actually had him and LT on my fantasy team so I watched alot of their games. I like the player, alot, but, for the right price.

People are pretty much going on what Adrian Peterson looked like as a freshman. That was, oh yeah, three years ago.

Not quite. Adrian Peterson has had some injuries the past couple of years, but he has still managed to rush for 2,120 yards and 26 TDs the last two seasons.

Not quite. Adrian Peterson has had some injuries the past couple of years, but he has still managed to rush for 2,120 yards and 26 TDs the last two seasons.

Totally agree, his freshmen year doesnt mean nearly as much as his junior, or sophmore season did in terms of scouts. This is who is he NOW, not then.

Which is basically my point. If he just had those two seasons people would be looking at a guy who gets hurt and rushes for 1000 yards. THOSE are the dime a dozen. The guy that had the freshman year he had is the franchise back.

Im not trying to bash your post, I may have come off that way but not at all. I understand where your coming from, I shouldn't have said his college career has NO relevance, but I think in terms of this deal and most, if the guy has had enough NFL exposure(WHich I think Turner has, considering he wasn't just a guy who played during blowouts) you can forget the college tapes. And considering you got to see him live against your boys at school you probably have seen more of him than most, I actually had him and LT on my fantasy team so I watched alot of their games. I like the player, alot, but, for the right price.

I"m with ya on the price, I just do not know what that is. I have said from 1992, or whatever the first year of the cap was, spend you money(at least 65%) and drafts on lineman(both sides) and your QB. To me RB's are a dime a dozen. But that i also do not want to see them draft a RB at 12, so WTF do i know? not a whole lot, as I must confess thought the RJ trade was a stroke of genius!!!!

Which is basically my point. If he just had those two seasons people would be looking at a guy who gets hurt and rushes for 1000 yards. THOSE are the dime a dozen. The guy that had the freshman year he had is the franchise back.

He's not the same guy he was his freshmen year. You draft a guy on who he is NOW, I don't think the team that drafts AP is going to be raving about what he did 3 years ago.

Take it with a mine-full of salt, it's PFT.

CHARGERS WILLING TO TAKE LESS THAN A FIRST-ROUNDER FOR TURNER?

An industry source tells us that the San Diego Chargers might be willing to accept a trade proposal for running back Michael Turner that includes less than a first-round pick.

Though Turner is tendered as a restricted free agent at the highest possible level, which would require compensation in the amount of a first-round pick and a third-round pick, no one is expected to give up that much for a guy who'll be unrestricted in 2008.

Per the source, G.M. A.J. Smith could be ready to accept a second-round pick this year and a second-round pick or a third-round pick in 2008 for Turner's rights.

The thinking is that Smith wants to end up with three picks in the first two rounds of this year's draft, so that the team can fill needs at receiver, safety, linebacker, and guard with guys who are ready to play right now.

Turner has visited the Titans and the Bills this week.

I just hope Marv realizes we are the ones with the upper hand here, this guy walks next year regardless, and there are other backs in this draft that can be had. No need to give too much, I say a 3rd and 4th, and I liked the idea of swapping 2nd rounders and giving them a higher 3rd.

i would say aj has the upper hand.aj does not need to trade mike .he will get a 5th next season if he walks.he can back up lt and they may even be superbowl bound with mike.

He's not the same guy he was his freshmen year. You draft a guy on who he is NOW, I don't think the team that drafts AP is going to be raving about what he did 3 years ago.

Of course they are. The point is if he didn't have that freshman year, he may not even be drafted in the first round. It's possible but probably in the last few picks. People would go nuts over his potential but very few would trust that he could carry the workload, stay healthy for a season, etc. He proved he could be a workhorse three years ago, and was so fabulous that he is one of the 2-3 best players in this draft.

Of course they are. The point is if he didn't have that freshman year, he may not even be drafted in the first round. It's possible but probably in the last few picks. People would go nuts over his potential but very few would trust that he could carry the workload, stay healthy for a season, etc. He proved he could be a workhorse three years ago, and was so fabulous that he is one of the 2-3 best players in this draft.

Exactly.

I just hope Marv realizes we are the ones with the upper hand here, this guy walks next year regardless, and there are other backs in this draft that can be had. No need to give too much, I say a 3rd and 4th, and I liked the idea of swapping 2nd rounders and giving them a higher 3rd.

Just a third IMHO .

i would say aj has the upper hand.aj does not need to trade mike .he will get a 5th next season if he walks.he can back up lt and they may even be superbowl bound with mike.

On the other hand, the Bills have alternatives to trading for Turner. They could:

1) Package their 1st round pick with one of the 3rds in an attempt to move up for Adrian Peterson.

2) Sit at 12 and take either Lynch or Peterson.

3) Select another position at 12 and move up from 43 if Lynch falls into the latter stages of R1.

4) Wait until R2-4 and select one or two of the 2nd tier RBs such as Pittman or Irons.

Needless to say, I don't think the Chargers have the upper hand at all, unless the Bills are dead set on acquiring Turner.

On the other hand, the Bills have alternatives to trading for Turner. They could:

1) Package their 1st round pick with one of the 3rds in an attempt to move up for Adrian Peterson.

3) Select another position at 12 and move up from 43 if Lynch falls into the latter stages of R1.

4) Wait until R2-4 and select one or two of the 2nd tier RBs such as Pittman or Irons.

Needless to say, I don't think the Chargers have the upper hand at all, unless the Bills are dead set on acquiring Turner.

brandon you 100% right.the bills have plenty of options.i was only saying people seem to think we hold all the cards when we do not.like i said earlier aj smith does not need to trade michael turner.this is where the misconception is.people feel if he does not trade michael that he will be stuck with only a 5th round compensatory pick next year.i just think the chargers like michael enough that they wouldn't mind paying him 2.35 million and letting him walk next year.do you think if we gave the chargers a 2nd round pick,they would be able to replace him equally with that 2nd pick.i was all for getting adrian peterson,but if we can get michael for say a 2nd and a 3rd then that is not so bad.if it is a fair deal for both teams this trade will get done.

I just went over to the Chargers board(kinda board at work today) to see if they have any news. Man, for an organization that has never won anything, they are some arrogant bastards over there. Some of them even posted that the bills will be willing to swap 1sts & give them their 2nd & 3rds for Turner. The one poster cracked me up saying something like Turner could go for the money, or stay in SD & win super bowls???

That's why I think this whole thing has been dragging on. The Chargers don't need to trade Turner, yet no one else actually needs to trade for him. He's just worth far more to the Chargers than he is anyone else, at least for the time being.

The only difference is the Chargers can say No Thank You to a 3rd or 4th round pick because Turner might be still valuable as a backup for them this year. The chargers will want a 2nd rounder this year and another 1st day pick next year. I think it is too steep and also helping a AFC opponent. I think we should walk away and stick to drafting Peterson, Lynch or Tony Hunter

The only difference is the Chargers can say No Thank You to a 3rd or 4th round pick because Turner might be still valuable as a backup for them this year. The chargers will want a 2nd rounder this year and another 1st day pick next year. I think it is too steep and also helping a AFC opponent. I think we should walk away and stick to drafting Peterson, Lynch or Tony Hunter

I agree with you completely. With both sides having reasonable, acceptable alternatives to making a trade involving Turner, I think it is unlikely that he'll be going anywhere prior to the draft unless someone gets desperate and gives up multiple first day picks or something similar.

I think all of this will ultimately amount to little more than window shopping accompanied by some sticker shock for the teams interested in Turner.