PLEASE tell me this isnt' true

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? That move - as stated, would be idiotic. Doesn't matter how well he ends up playing, you could've have had him for less, i.e. his true market value.

A guy could buy a new car, pay $100,000 when it's worth $25,000. It could perform flawlessly for years, and he is extremely happy. Doesn't mean he's not an idiot :):(

yes he's an idiot

16 million guarenteed...Buddy of mine told me Len Pasquarelli reported deal is about done. Our 1st and 4th rounder this year for Turner, he'll sign a contract worth around 37 million....Please tell me it's a farce

Is your boyfriend mackey7789?

Why? That move - as stated, would be idiotic. Doesn't matter how well he ends up playing, you could've have had him for less, i.e. his true market value.

A guy could buy a new car, pay $100,000 when it's worth $25,000. It could perform flawlessly for years, and he is extremely happy. Doesn't mean he's not an idiot :):(

So how do you determine what Turners "true market value" is?

Whoa posted and left to come back to this, guess I started quite a stir. It's just what I was told, had no confirmation, so I asked, all of you guys flipping balls over these "rumor" threads need to relax, this is a message board, probably a good place to talk about stuff like this. Stop crying.

Whoa posted and left to come back to this, guess I started quite a stir. It's just what I was told, had no confirmation, so I asked, all of you guys flipping balls over these "rumor" threads need to relax, this is a message board, probably a good place to talk about stuff like this. Stop crying.

Where did you go? Were you and your buddy searching for Kligons around Uranus again?

I'm not sure, but I think someone said Lenny P is on sick leave :)

If Lenny P. is on sick leave it is probably because he heard the Bills would be stupid enough to make that deal. That would make anybody sick (except SanDiego)

If Lenny P. is on sick leave it is probably because he heard the Bills would be stupid enough to make that deal. That would make anybody sick (except SanDiego)

apparently you missed the 3 posts ahead of this one... :)

I find it bothersome that some people on this board are willing to brand levy "the worst gm in nfl history" after just one season, and half of an off season. Regardless of how or what we give up to obtain any player, if we win more games than the previous year than these certain people on the board look like absolute jackarses. So go ahead, put your neck out there and make these calls, but don't be unwilling to discuss where you went wrong if we don't plunge back down to 2-5 wins.( ok to be fair, 2-6 wins). I am not making any predictions, I am merely asking for well thought out posts without the childish gloom.

I find it bothersome that some people on this board are willing to brand levy "the worst gm in nfl history" after just one season, and half of an off season. Regardless of how or what we give up to obtain any player, if we win more games than the previous year than these certain people on the board look like absolute jackarses. So go ahead, put your neck out there and make these calls, but don't be unwilling to discuss where you went wrong if we don't plunge back down to 2-5 wins.( ok to be fair, 2-6 wins). I am not making any predictions, I am merely asking for well thought out posts without the childish gloom.

I will need you to post a full size pic of your A/V someplace before I can comment on your post. Thank you.

Analogy is a bit flawed.

If he paid $100,000 for a car that was worth $25,000 at the time, but in 5 years that car was a relic, worth $500,000, he got a great deal. Perhaps he could have saved 75k, but its still a good deal. Thats why you have to take into account how well he performs before deciding HOW bad a deal this is.

Analogy is a bit flawed.

If he paid $100,000 for a car that was worth $25,000 at the time, but in 5 years that car was a relic, worth $500,000, he got a great deal. Perhaps he could have saved 75k, but its still a good deal. Thats why you have to take into account how well he performs before deciding HOW bad a deal this is.

I don't think so. GMs with limited budgets (and car collectors with limited budgets) should spend the minimum possible. That's how dealing with markets should work. If you buy Microsoft today when it was at $80 and you pay $200, you still made a bad deal even if it is worth $1000 a year from now, because you could have gotten the exact same thing for less.

Misallocation of resources is an issue for everybody except the salary cap free Yankees. If Walker turns into a pro bowl RT I will still think we will have overpaid because I think we could have still had him for less. Overpaying isn't as painful when people excel and exceed their cost, but it is still a mistake. Where exactly that price level is that defines market value and overpaying remains to be seen, and isn't what we think it is. But if we are going to talk about cars and other analogies while discussing GM theory, paying $100,000 for a car that was "worth" (in market value, not necessarily player value) $25,000 you have made a mistake.

I dont think this is true. I think lenny P is on sick leave @ ESPN. I thought I read that some where.

Man, Lenny P. needs to get back to work. This is his third sick leave I've heard about.