PLEASE tell me this isnt' true

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

About this time last year, Edgerrin James signed a 4-year, $30 million deal. Thomas Jones fetched a lone 2nd round pick.

I find this extremely hard to believe. If true, Marv vaults to the top of the "Worst GM In Sports" list ahead of Billy King.

Once again...even if this is true, can we wait to see how the guy plays in a Bills uniform before getting the noose ready for Marv? :):(

I've seen or heard nothing anywhere this morning that even shows an inkling of this rumor. I hate this time of year, I swear some people dream these rumors then post em on here some days.

Like I've said before, Marv is going to wait until draft day and probably right up until pick time to make this deal. It is in Buffalo's best interest to wait because Turners value will fall closer to the draft. And if by some outside chance that we do miss out on him, we still have the option of drafting a RB day 1 and/or signing Chris Brown after the draft. We have the upperhand in this trade, don't let AJ Smith and his croonies fool you. Patience young grasshoppers

16 million guarenteed...Buddy of mine told me Len Pasquarelli reported deal is about done. Our 1st and 4th rounder this year for Turner, he'll sign a contract worth around 37 million....Please tell me it's a farce

I dont think this is true. I think lenny P is on sick leave @ ESPN. I thought I read that some where.

16 million guarenteed...Buddy of mine told me Len Pasquarelli reported deal is about done. Our 1st and 4th rounder this year for Turner, he'll sign a contract worth around 37 million....Please tell me it's a farce

I dont think this is true. I think lenny P is on sick leave @ ESPN. I thought I read that some where.

....blah blah blah...

POSTED 1:09 p.m. EDT, April 2, 2007

TURNER VISITING THE TITANS

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Chargers running back Michael Turner, a restricted free agent, is visiting the Tennessee Titans on Monday.

Turner has been tendered at the highest level, which means that, if the Titans were to sign him to an offer sheet, the Chargers would have the right to match it. If the Chargers choose not to match the offer, they would receive Tennessee's first-round and third-round selections in the April 28-29 draft.

Another possibility would be for the Titans and Chargers to swing a trade for something less than a one and a three.

The Bills also are reportedly are interested in Turner. And there has been talk of a possible effort by the Packers to trade for him.

All three teams need a starting tailback; the Titans cut Travis Henry (who signed with the Broncos), the Packers lost Ahman Green to the Texans, and the Bills traded Willis McGahee to Baltimore.

Once again...even if this is true, can we wait to see how the guy plays in a Bills uniform before getting the noose ready for Marv? :):(

Why? That move - as stated, would be idiotic. Doesn't matter how well he ends up playing, you could've have had him for less, i.e. his true market value.

A guy could buy a new car, pay $100,000 when it's worth $25,000. It could perform flawlessly for years, and he is extremely happy. Doesn't mean he's not an idiot :blink::wallbash: