Exceptionally talented back likely available this offseason

Simon

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real BAD thing Ricky did was dessert his team, IMO. I couldn't give a rat's ass about the pot thing (other than the NFL tests and suspends for it). But, it will be hard to convince some coaches and players that he'll stick with them through thick and thin. That hurdle is the one I'm not sure he can make, in Marv's eyes.

Also, he is still property of the Phins, I believe. So the Bills will have to make a deal with Miami for a guy with "questionable" character.

I'd love to take a flyer on the guy...but it ain't gonna happen and we KNOW it ain't gonna happen. (Can we alt least agree on that?)

How is deserting the Dolphins a bad thing??

How is deserting the Dolphins a bad thing??

Exactly! :lol:

And, if the Phins really think he'll be a cancer here, perhaps he can be had for peanuts.

:thumbsup::w00t:

Now you've got ME doing it. STOP IT!

It's not going to happen,

Exactly! :lol:

And, if the Phins really think he'll be a cancer here, perhaps he can be had for peanuts.

:thumbsup::w00t:

Now you've got ME doing it. STOP IT!

It's not going to happen,

Hey I'd love to have Ricky living on Sawgrass Court - at least I'd know where to get great ganja! :lol:

While I don't see it happening, I'd love it. The dude can run. I also don't believe that he's a cancer, I just believe that he's ...odd. Not just a pothead.... but odd. But even today, he's a better runningback than all of our current stable mashed together. I'd love to have wicky.

Welcome to Buffalo Ricky Williams! :thumbsup:

His suspension is up and it looks like he's probably going to be re-instated by the league. He could be had for next to nothing and I think he'd be a spectacular fit with the Bills. At the very least he could effectively platoon with a-train for the next year or two while the Bills find their back of the future.

Pissing in a cup every week the poor sumbitch aint going to be able to smoke rope and will likely be in a sour mood. Bring that freak daddy up here and let him run over and around folks!

He's exactly the sort of character player Marv likes on his team.

He's exactly the sort of character player Marv likes on his team.

Ricky plays all out on the field, both before and after he walked out.

He had enough of Wannstadt trying to run him 400 times a season behind a non-existent OL.

Marv would play Ricky.

Welcome to Buffalo Ricky Williams! :thumbsup:

I've been calling out for Ricky in RB posts for weeks now. Glad to welcome you all on board the wagon. Maybe if we make enough noise the media and Marv will think about it. It makes NO sense to trade our 1st. and 3rd. for a backup who has no more yards in 3 years than Ricky ran for in 8 games. Plus Ricky is a great receiver,and blocker, word is MT is not .

Marv is an man who might appreciate a youngster's struggle with social anxiety disorder. He might give the boy credit for surviving the transition from Paxil to weed to teaching tubby women yoga in Northern California.

What he won't do is part with a draft pick for his services.

This is poetry. I kid you not.

We want character guys? Well who has been a bigger character than Wickey?

Forget about the charcter guys, I want a big, bad, dumb, psycho mofo that's terrible at interviews, but when you tell him to run the ball and don't stop, he does exactly that!

In Marv we trust!!!

Only because of its heartbreaking truth.

Actually, I really would Trust Marv on this one. Marv will do his due diligence here, I trust. If Ricky is REALLY ready and impresses Marv, I think Marv would check out the "cost" of this controversial move.

By cost, I mean:

How much would it cost to sign RW

What would Miami demand (i think a LOT from the Bills, I could be wrong)

the locker room cost (my guess is many players harbor ill-will toward Ricky)

How does Marv's Dick feel about all this? (It is, after all, a TEAM he runs)

...and you got me thinking about this as if it actually might happen. STOP THAT

:thumbsup::w00t::lol:

This is as bad as getting stung by DC Crayons. What the hell is wrong with me.

Actually, I really would Trust Marv on this one. Marv will do his due diligence here, I trust. If Ricky is REALLY ready and impresses Marv, I think Marv would check out the "cost" of this controversial move.

By cost, I mean:

How much would it cost to sign RW

What would Miami demand (i think a LOT from the Bills, I could be wrong)

the locker room cost (my guess is many players harbor ill-will toward Ricky)

How does Marv's Dick feel about all this? (It is, after all, a TEAM he runs)

...and you got me thinking about this as if it actually might happen. STOP THAT

:thumbsup::w00t::lol:

This is as bad as getting stung by DC Crayons. What the hell is wrong with me.

First, I am not crayonz. Never have been.

Second...you don't build teams with guys that can play football. You build teams with guys that can commit to playing football. Is there anything in Ricky Williams' past that makes anyone think he can commit to a team for any length of time without completely wigging out again?

First, I am not crayonz. Never have been.

Second...you don't build teams with guys that can play football. You build teams with guys that can commit to playing football. Is there anything in Ricky Williams' past that makes anyone think he can commit to a team for any length of time without completely wigging out again?

Re Crayons" fine...whatever

Re Williams: 4 years at Texas?

Is there anything in Ricky Williams' past that makes anyone think he can commit to a team for any length of time without completely wigging out again?

His nature.

I have known some truly odd people who fold nicely into roles, who take comfort in the complex ritual nature of what they do and get along very well. (think Ricky at Texas)

When asked to, these people can be exceptionally high achievers (if they have the talent) -- they're in the "doing what must be done" buisness.

The roadblocks are the usual human problems -- other people, separation from the role and in Ricky's case especially, reintegration into the role. It just got harder for him to return, year after year. He didn't wig out as much as he faded out.

And for the last time, NO I DON'T MANAGE A BONDAGE DUNGEON !

Ricky Williams is looking for what Willis McGahee wasn't. He wants to go about his business and not be inundated with people throwing themselves at his feet. McGahee wants people to throw themselves at most of his body parts, and pump him up. Dare I say, Buffalo may be a good fit for Williams.