Damage control

http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/42990.html

His publicist and he appear to address and "clarify" every bit of his statements to the press last week.

Good attempt at damage control even if it all could have been prevented with one press release prior to this whole ordeal.

Still a loser though.

WM says things that can be interpreted in several different ways and that's what really gets him in trouble. When he explains what he says it makes a little more sense. Yes, there in more to do in Miami than Buffalo (shocker). But coming out and saying there's nothing to do in Buffalo is going to ruffle some feathers. The problem with WM is that he never thought before he spoke and he wasn't a teim player.

If anyone attended the WM jersey burning at the Big Tree this morning, please provide a synopsis....

RIP WM threads....GO BILLS!!!!

He is coming off a sub-par year in which he failed to reach 1,000 yards for the first time in three seasons as a starter. It should be noted that he missed two games and the majority of a third with a rib injury and he ran behind a struggling offensive line that went through a midseason shuffle.

It should be noted??? No! Do NOT note that he missed three games against three of the NFL's worst rushing defenses!!! He failed to reach 1,000 yards and he sucks- that's all that matters!!! Forget that he would have had 1200 yards if he played in those three games! Forget that the offensive line was so horrible in the first half of the season that major position changes were required! It was all Willis' inability to see the holes, that's why they had to change the line around!!! We can get any RB in the 5th round who will be better!!!

:lol::thumbsup:;):o

Let the guy be happy. He just went from a team that has been mediocre (or worse) this decade to a team that was #1 in the AFC last year going into the playoffs. He's going to play with a few of his superstar buddies from the U. Why shouldn't he be excited?

I'll take the article at face value and leave it be that McGahee appreciates the opportunity the Bills gave him and that he enjoyed playing with his teammates here. Now he's in a good football situation where he will probably sign a pretty wealthy deal, and I'm sure he'll do fine. I don't need to burn a Willis doll or use his jersey as a bar rag. It was a football decision, and it's been made. Now the Bills have the RB hole to fill, along with several others. Hopefully it works out for all parties.

We all know the guy isn't the brightest, how is it so hard to believe that he doesn't really say things the way he means them...I think this article sheds a lot of light on it.

I don't think Willis is a bad guy, just a kid with a lot of money that doesn't really know who he is yet.

There are no reports that his teammates had problems with him, and they are the ones that would know best if he put his heart in to his game when he was here.

WM says things that can be interpreted in several different ways and that's what really gets him in trouble. When he explains what he says it makes a little more sense. Yes, there in more to do in Miami than Buffalo (shocker). But coming out and saying there's nothing to do in Buffalo is going to ruffle some feathers. The problem with WM is that he never thought before he spoke and he wasn't a teim player.

If anyone attended the WM jersey burning at the Big Tree this morning, please provide a synopsis....

RIP WM threads....GO BILLS!!!!

Just like the fans never actually looked at what he said

Willis never said he wanted the team in Toronto, pr that he liked Toronto better, they simply asked him what his thoughts were on the league expanding into Toronto and he said if a team were to be placed in Toronto, he could see it being the Bills. Which in all honesty would be the best because a team in Toronto would kill the Bills

Willis said he didn't like that there wasn't much to do in Buffalo, and compared to what he's used to, thats true

Buffalo fans just look at a comment, and if it there is anyway that by using some crazy logic, it could be looked at as being negative, they will assume they meant it as being negative.

It should be noted??? No! Do NOT note that he missed three games against three of the NFL's worst rushing defenses!!! He failed to reach 1,000 yards and he sucks- that's all that matters!!! Forget that he would have had 1200 yards if he played in those three games! Forget that the offensive line was so horrible in the first half of the season that major position changes were required! It was all Willis' inability to see the holes, that's why they had to change the line around!!! We can get any RB in the 5th round who will be better!!!

:blink:;):lol::lol:

Let the guy be happy. He just went from a team that has been mediocre (or worse) this decade to a team that was #1 in the AFC last year going into the playoffs. He's going to play with a few of his superstar buddies from the U. Why shouldn't he be excited?

I'll take the article at face value and leave it be that McGahee appreciates the opportunity the Bills gave him and that he enjoyed playing with his teammates here. Now he's in a good football situation where he will probably sign a pretty wealthy deal, and I'm sure he'll do fine. I don't need to burn a Willis doll or use his jersey as a bar rag. It was a football decision, and it's been made. Now the Bills have the RB hole to fill, along with several others. Hopefully it works out for all parties.

Kudos to you for taking the high road, smokinandjokin. I'm glad he's happy and that I don't have to root for the idiot again this year.

Willis never said he wanted the team in Toronto, pr that he liked Toronto better, they simply asked him what his thoughts were on the league expanding into Toronto and he said if a team were to be placed in Toronto, he could see it being the Bills. Which in all honesty would be the best because a team in Toronto would kill the Bills

Willis said he didn't like that there wasn't much to do in Buffalo, and compared to what he's used to, thats true

Buffalo fans just look at a comment, and if it there is anyway that by using some crazy logic, it could be looked at as being negative, they will assume they meant it as being negative.

Very true.

He is the same guy who (just before the first game of the season) said that he wanted to win the game for the city of Buffalo and the fans. He is the same guy who said that he thanked God to be in Buffalo. He is the same guy who actually bought a house in Orchard Park. He is the same guy who came back from a severe rib injury after just a couple of weeks. He is also the same guy who had his agent try to extend his contract so that he could stay in Buffalo. It was the Bills who did not want to do this. In the end, the contract he signed with the Ravens was very reasonable for RBs under the present cap.

I live in Miami. There is more to do for a young guy (especially a rich young guy) in Miami and South Beach. Have any of you guys ever been to South Beach?!? Before I was married, I had many a good time there.

As someone else said, every time I ever heard one of his teammates interviewed about him, they spoke of him favorably. I particularly remember a Lee Evans interview on BB.com after McGahee came back from his rib injury.

Someone posted recently that he was never ripped around here. In fact, he was ripped constantly. The Bills also spread rumors in the press that he did not know the plays.

I am sure that I am going to be ripped for this post. So be it. I like McGahee and thought that he could have been part of the solution. I am sure that he is going to be very productive running behind a better offensive line in Baltimore -- I just wish we had the opportunity to see him run behind the Bills' upgraded line.

As I said before, although I like McGahee and Miami, I love Buffalo and the Bills. The most important thing is that we find someone that can run with the rock. JP had the luxury of facing 8 men fronts because of the respect that opposing defenses had for McGahee. We better have a running game that is going to garner the same amount of respect for JP's sake.

As a side note, it is interesting that it was the Ravens who targeted McGahee and gave him the new contract. I remember how McGahee was ripped on this board after that game. The Ravens obviously respected his talent. They not only played much of the game with only 3 defenses backs, they also went out of their way to acquire him. Apparently, their view of McGahee is different from those that ripped him here.

In any event, I hope that the Bills fill the holes at RB, LB, and CB.

Just my two cents.

Go Bills!!!

Very true.

He is the same guy who (just before the first game of the season) said that he wanted to win the game for the city of Buffalo and the fans. He is the same guy who said that he thanked God to be in Buffalo. He is the same guy who actually bought a house in Orchard Park. He is the same guy who came back from a severe rib injury after just a couple of weeks. He is also the same guy who had his agent try to extend his contract so that he could stay in Buffalo. It was the Bills who did not want to do this. In the end, the contract he signed with the Ravens was very reasonable for RBs under the present cap.

I live in Miami. There is more to do for a young guy (especially a rich young guy) in Miami and South Beach. Have any of you guys ever been to South Beach?!? Before I was married, I had many a good time there.

As someone else said, every time I ever heard one of his teammates interviewed about him, they spoke of him favorably. I particularly remember a Lee Evans interview on BB.com after McGahee came back from his rib injury.

Someone posted recently that he was never ripped around here. In fact, he was ripped constantly. The Bills also spread rumors in the press that he did not know the plays.

I am sure that I am going to be ripped for this post. So be it. I like McGahee and thought that he could have been part of the solution. I am sure that he is going to be very productive running behind a better offensive line in Baltimore -- I just wish we had the opportunity to see him run behind the Bills' upgraded line.

As I said before, although I like McGahee and Miami, I love Buffalo and the Bills. The most important thing is that we find someone that can run with the rock. JP had the luxury of facing 8 men fronts because of the respect that opposing defenses had for McGahee. We better have a running game that is going to garner the same amount of respect for JP's sake.

As a side note, it is interesting that it was the Ravens who targeted McGahee and gave him the new contract. I remember how McGahee was ripped on this board after that game. The Ravens obviously respected his talent. They not only played much of the game with only 3 defenses backs, they also went out of their way to acquire him. Apparently, their view of McGahee is different from those that ripped him here.

In any event, I hope that the Bills fill the holes at RB, LB, and CB.

Just my two cents.

Go Bills!!!

I didn't have severe beef with McGahee until he started acting up. I think it was the right move to get rid of him, tough.

Let's not forget, if you take away the two Jets games, McGahee would have been averaging less than sixty yards A GAME last season. Let's also not forget that he only needed 30 yards in a game to pass the 1,000 yard mark for the season in the last game, against Baltimore. He could not manage 30 yards on the ground? That sounds to me like he had given up on the Bills, and i do not want that on my team.

I think Willis reached the zenith of his potential with Buffalo a few years ago, and i don't think he had the motivation necessary to succeed in Buffalo. That being said, i would not be suprised if he had a decent season in baltimore. It was just his time to go.

His remarks these past few weeks have been ridiculous. Yes, he might have been taken out of context, but how much longer is he going to fall back on this excuse? He has said this about everything ill that he has said about the city of Buffalo. What he did is inexcusable. He took a stab at the women of Buffalo, spit on the city, and the night life.

I guess i just have a hard time to comprehend why he gets a pass on this. To tell you the truth, i'm sure Brian "the Brian Billick put him up to this. Willis does not care about the city of Buffalo or the people that reside there. He could care less about relations in the NFL but it seems as though a guy like Billick would. ESPN was even starting to step up to the plate in Buffalo's DEFENSE. I'm sure at that point, Billick said enough is enough, and told Willis to apologize.

Go Bills in '07 (With one less headache)

Willis cares about himself more than anyone else. He did make ill comments on the Bills but he also did want to extend his contract here. He got alone with his teammates here, and if we extended him contract I don't think he would have been much of a problem. He is gone though and he thinks before he speaks so his comments got him in trouble. I wish him luck but I still hold some of his comments against him a little bit even though I dont think he meant to make them.

Willis cares about himself more than anyone else. He did make ill comments on the Bills but he also did want to extend his contract here. He got alone with his teammates here, and if we extended him contract I don't think he would have been much of a problem. He is gone though and he thinks before he speaks so his comments got him in trouble. I wish him luck but I still hold some of his comments against him a little bit even though I dont think he meant to make them.

Yes, he wanted to extend his contract because he wanted to stay in Buffalo, the money had nothing to do with it. Why was he not extended then?

The entire Toronto deal was McGahees (probably Rosenhouses idea) plan out of Buffalo. He knew if he pissed the fans off enough the Bills would have to get him out of Buffalo. The fact is he put down the women & city of Buffalo in the Baltimore paper unless he wants to call & you want to believe the reporter is a liar. He also said he ran around his house screaming,& knocking down furnature he was so happy with the news he was traded. That should be all anyone needs to see to know he wanted out of Buffalo. THE BILLS FANS LOOKED AT WHAT HE SAID AND TOOK IT IN THE MANOR IT WAS SAID. WE KNOW BETTER THAN TO BELIEVE ANY PR FACESAVING BACKTRACKING. :blink:

Yeah, there is a lot to do in Florida if you like strip mall after strip mall. Seriously, the only thing FL has going for it is the weather, the natural landscape is flat and butt ugly without any discernable landmarks. I get lost every time I drive down there, it’s endless strip malls all looking the same with that earth tone stucco finish. The beach is just plain boring after an hour, anything more than an hour and you’re just collecting skin cancer.