Who will Shock us this year?

Any reasonable man would say he has no fuggin clue who we will draft. People have talked about guys like Lynch, Willis, Okoye, and Peterson for months and for all we know the Bills could be targeting an unknown like Whitner. This thread is for people to call out that long shot pick.

To start it off I have the Bills swapping firsts with the Chargers for Michael Turner and hopefully a 3rd or 4th. At the bottom of the first I can see us targeting a guy like Justin Durant at OLB. I'm thinking Buffalo is high on this kid and also freaked out Tampa will take him before Buffalo picks in the second.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest shock of draft day might end up being CB Leon Hall of Michigan. Sure, he's rated as a top 15 pick, and yes, the Bills have a need for a starting CB. But its really interesting that we, the fans, don't seem to mention the possibility of drafting him at all. I'm not saying that I advocate drafting a CB in R1, but you'd think this position would be receiving more attention as a potential 1st round pick. It isn't receiving any from the fans.

I really like that strategy with the turner trade and selecting Durant. He definitely seems like a guy the Bills would like, but we also need someone to man the strong side, and he might not have the size for that position. But still, this strategy could be a great way of filling our two biggest needs without losing a bunch of picks for Turner (if the Chargers were willing to accept).

The biggest shock of draft day might end up being CB Leon Hall of Michigan. Sure, he's rated as a top 15 pick, and yes, the Bills have a need for a starting CB. But its really interesting that we, the fans, don't seem to mention the possibility of drafting him at all. I'm not saying that I advocate drafting a CB in R1, but you'd think this position would be receiving more attention as a potential 1st round pick. It isn't receiving any from the fans.

guess it just doesn't have the same sex appeal that RB does... i mean clements was so GREAT :thumbdown: and all but he still didn't make that many BIG plays.. well either did mcgayhee for that matter but its probably more plausable for AD or lynch to break a game open.

guess it just doesn't have the same sex appeal that RB does... i mean clements was so GREAT :thumbdown: and all but he still didn't make that many BIG plays..

True, but he did prevent a lot of big plays, and after he got a reputation as a shut down corner, certain routes and receiver combinations were abandoned because of his play.

I would hope we go on the defensive side of the ball, probably at linebacker if there isnt a run on them early, Rb in the second and then perhaps a sleeper LB D line in the 3rd with the two picks there.

Inviting grief and ridicule Marv selects DE Jamaal Anderson of Arkansas. Mel Kiper's hair catches fire as he tries to puzzle out "what on earth are the Bills thinking ?". Marv wonders "why the best player available" should upset so many people and surmises that "you can never have enough good football players".

Inviting grief and ridicule Marv selects DE Jamaal Anderson of Arkansas. Mel Kiper's hair catches fire as he tries to puzzle out "what on earth are the Bills thinking ?". Marv wonders "why the best player available" should upset so many people and surmises that "you can never have enough good football players".

I wont believe it until it comes out of the cabbies mouth via berman

I really like that strategy with the turner trade and selecting Durant. He definitely seems like a guy the Bills would like, but we also need someone to man the strong side, and he might not have the size for that position. But still, this strategy could be a great way of filling our two biggest needs without losing a bunch of picks for Turner (if the Chargers were willing to accept).

Durant? I'd pick Oden over him.

Marv when he takes Pozlusny at #12 no matter who else is on the board. :nana: :nana:

My thoughts exactly. Marv is a character/work ethic guy, and it doesn't get much better with Puz in that department. He also has the versatility to play inside or outtside, so the team doesn't have to make a decision on where to play Crowell right away - they can use training camp to sort it out.

Marv has also had success drafting Penn State linebackers - oh, Shane Conlan, how we loved you...

I just hope he doesn't pick Posluszny with Willis still on the board...

I'm going with Timmons.

You read my mind. I'm also thinking Timmons in the first. This year Kameron Wimbley. Then in the 2nd a surprise pick will be Brian Leonard, who will fill 2 spots for the Bills - replaces McGahee as RB and fills the FB position. He can stay on the field for all 3 downs; play FB when A-Train is on the field and be the lone back on 3rd downs.

My thoughts exactly. Marv is a character/work ethic guy, and it doesn't get much better with Puz in that department. He also has the versatility to play inside or outtside, so the team doesn't have to make a decision on where to play Crowell right away - they can use training camp to sort it out.

Marv has also had success drafting Penn State linebackers - oh, Shane Conlan, how we loved you...

I just hope he doesn't pick Posluszny with Willis still on the board...

Watched the COMEBACK last night on NFL Network and Conlan was a non-factor the entire game. When was his rookie year and how many seasons did he play?

That is because many fans are trying to wish it away.

If (or perhaps even when) Marv takes a first round corner next month, it will mean that he has selected secondary players with no less than 4 of his top 5 draft selections, and who knows whether or not he will stop in round 1?

The Bills have huge needs at LB, RB, WR, RG, and imo even WR. To continue to chase dbs (and of course, watch them walk after their initial contract) would be stupid. We have tried this, and it simply doesn't result in victories for the Bills.

That is because many fans are trying to wish it away.

If (or perhaps even when) Marv takes a first round corner next month, it will mean that he has selected secondary players with no less than 4 of his top 5 draft selections, and who knows whether or not he will stop in round 1?

The Bills have huge needs at LB, RB, WR, RG, and imo even WR. To continue to chase dbs (and of course, watch them walk after their initial contract) would be stupid. We have tried this, and it simply doesn't result in victories for the Bills.

I'm definitely not in favor of it myself. I'd much rather they let Youboty compete against another midround selection. Its just odd that we don't hear more about the possibility, given the need and especially the Bills past history at the position. Knowing that, however, I'd guess that the odds of the Bills selecting Hall are as high, if not higher, than them selecting any other particular player in R1.

So yes, I think you may be right. We're just trying to wish it away.

If Willis is gone, that would not be a bad pick. The cover-2 demands a good pass rush.

Anderson would also start some trade talk whoch would allow the Bills to move down.