Best thing about moving to Chicago this last week

Is being able to drive to the offices of Pro Football Weekly to pick up my 2007 Draft Handbook Preview Book.

They were very nice- and threw in their draft magazine and the last several issues issues of Pro Football Weekly for free.

They confirmed that their publisher-Herb Arkush and Jauron are good friends.

If you don't buy this book you are doing yourself a diservice if you are a big draft fan.

Most of the magazines out there are complete crap.(Especially The Sporting News and Street and Smiths)

Is being able to drive to the offices of Pro Football Weekly to pick up my 2007 Draft Handbook Preview Book.

They were very nice- and threw in their draft magazine and the last several issues issues of Pro Football Weekly for free.

If you don't buy this book you are doing yourself a diservice if you are a big draft fan.

Most of the magazines out there are complete crap.(Especially The Sporting News and Street and Smiths)

I am with you Pro Football Weekly is the best. :(

There's a bills bar in chicago. I think that is the best part.

I lived there for 8 years and never found a Bills bar...where is Lincoln Station?

2432 Lincoln Ave. in the Lincoln Park neighborhood. There's another Bills bar about 2 blocks north. BTW, Lincoln Station is the place to catch all of your Sabres playoff hockey as well - the place should be rockin' the further the Sabs go!

I want some Adam's Ribs and cole slaw

"And order the big ones...the jumbos. And sauce. A quart, no make it a gallon, a gallon of sauce."

Up until the mid-90s there was actually an Adams Ribs in Chicago, on Rush St. I frequented the establishment whenever I was in the Windy City, and several times had the ribs Fed-Ex'd to me. A better tasting rib I've yet to find anywhere. ;)

"And order the big ones...the jumbos. And sauce. A quart, no make it a gallon, a gallon of sauce."

Up until the mid-90s there was actually an Adams Ribs in Chicago, on Rush St. I frequented the establishment whenever I was in the Windy City, and several times had the ribs Fed-Ex'd to me. A better tasting rib I've yet to find anywhere. :thumbdown:

My advice is, go to Memphis and try some ribs.

Space Dog, congrats on the move. i think you'll like the City with Big Shoulders.

There's a bills bar in chicago. I think that is the best part.

When I lived here before the best place to watch the Bills games was at-

Bills

The TV's were small-but the atmosphere was great!

Marv's wife and daughter actually came to watch a game with us once.

I'll have to do a bit of research before the season begins to see if that i still the best place to go.

I haven't eaten at a ton of places in Memphis but I sure love Interstate bbq.

:D

The first night I was in Memphis all of the big name BBQ places were closed. I took a cab to Beale St to hear some music. Across the street from BB King's was a little joint called "Interstate". As it was on Beale, I was certain it would suck.

Anyway, I got my ribs and heard some music in the next room. (As it was in this commercial BBQ place, on Beale St, I was pretty sure the music would suck, too. Basically, I was just looking forward to having the crappy ribs and listening to lousy music and getting back to my hotel.) Well...surprise surprise. They were, without question, by a MILE, the best ribs I ever ate in my life. And the music was GREAT, too.

Over the course of the next couple of days I had the best pulled-pork sandwich and the best BBQ chicken I've ever had. I also never saw/heard anything other than VERY good music. Memphis is the balls, IMO. :thumbdown:

It was a must read back when Joel Buschbaum wrote it. I read it once a year or two after he died and found it to be disappointing.

It was a must read back when Joel Buschbaum wrote it. I read it once a year or two after he died and found it to be disappointing.

Actually..read last years edition.

In my opinion it was by far the most accurate of any publication on the market.

Buschbaum was great....but they have been able rebound nicely after his untimely death.