Its Darwin Walker for Spikes and Kelly

seq004

Pardon me for being such a noob (and it's also 3 AM here...) but what a contitional 2008 pick means? That the kind of pick is to be defined nex year by some eventual achievements from Walker?

Thanks,

Breni

I all likelihood it is based on how much and how well Spikes plays because of his injury status.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid, veteran D-Line prescense. Not a true difference-maker though.

What do walker and tripplett have in common?(bonus points for anyone who can point it out)

Did we just pick up another 3 technique DT?

Both aging, both played on only one team before coming to the Bills, both virtually the same weight and height, and both jersey numbers are in 90's...any of those right?

Still not what im looking for, but since this thread is growing faster than a 13 year old Sean Bradley ill wait until the thread hits a third page. Its not obvious , nor significant really.

That pick better be a 2nd or 3rd...wow

i was trolling the eagles site last night and they said its a conditional 3rd round pick for 2008.they didnt mention the kelly holcomb inclusion in the trade last night though

i was trolling the eagles site last night and they said its a conditional 3rd round pick for 2008.they didnt mention the kelly holcomb inclusion in the trade last night though

I would be very happy with this trade if that was the case.

I'm very sorry to see TKO go, and unlike McGahee, I wish him very well. I think he has a good chance for a rebound season and to be a very good player for a few more years.

But now that it is done, I'm glad to see Nall move into the #2 qb, and I'm excited to get a new DT. I think this severely reduces the chance that we will draft Okoye (who will probably be gone by #12 anyway), and puts more pressure on drafting an impact LB like Willis. I would now define us as having holes that need to be filled at LB and RB, and consider DT filled and CB less likely to get high round attention (go Ashton!).

One Walker report I found: "Extremely strong. Can collapse the pocket and penetrate. Sheds blockers very well. Runs well for a tackle."

I know Marv and DJ have a plan, but TKO we will miss you.

I'm very sorry to see TKO go, and unlike McGahee, I wish him very well. I think he has a good chance for a rebound season and to be a very good player for a few more years.

But now that it is done, I'm glad to see Nall move into the #2 qb, and I'm excited to get a new DT. I think this severely reduces the chance that we will draft Okoye (who will probably be gone by #12 anyway), and puts more pressure on drafting an impact LB like Willis. I would now define us as having holes that need to be filled at LB and RB, and consider DT filled and CB less likely to get high round attention (go Ashton!).

One Walker report I found: "Extremely strong. Can collapse the pocket and penetrate. Sheds blockers very well. Runs well for a tackle."

Here, here

To Takeo :worthy:

I'll take trading a 30-year old LB who is coming-off an Achilles injury and a backup QB for a starting DT anyday! The draft pick in 2008, especially if it's a 3rd rounder, is icing on the cake!

According to Philly radio it's a 7th rounder next year, conditional. But I think that Walker is a decent pick-up, and we saved 4 mil. They just decided that Spikes was done and needed to move on. At least they got a player for him who will immediately help a bit.

Well said. Thanks for trying, Takeo. Sorry we couldn't do better for ya.

To Takeo: You served well and you will be missed. :worthy:

To Darwin: Welcome to Buffalo. I think you'll like it here. (Call Willis for a reference.) <_<

While I'd rather have an EXPERIENCED QB as our #2, KH was totally expendable. I hope we get another experienced #2 or that Nall shows something in preseason.

But, most of all, Here's to Marv (the game has certainly NOT passed him by). :blink:

Actually, I just needed three beers...