Darwin Walker for Takeo?

Supposedly the Bills have been contacted about Darwin and the Iggles have shown interest in Takeo. I'd trade Takeo for Darwin.

(Link to Walker rumor)

http://www.nj.com/columns/times/eckel/inde....xml&coll=5

According to some personnel people around the league, the Eagles are shopping defensive tackle Darwin Walker. Buffalo, Green Bay and Minnesota apparently all have been contacted in hopes of adding a draft pick or moving up in a later round of the draft.

-- Trenton Times

A buddy of mine is an Eagles fan and he says Walker is a different player week to week. One week he looks great and the next he is out to lunch....maybe if the guy could find some consistency he would be ok.

GO BILLS!

A buddy of mine is an Eagles fan and he says Walker is a different player week to week. One week he looks great and the next he is out to lunch....maybe if the guy could find some consistency he would be ok.

GO BILLS!

Let Kollar work with him. Right now, he's as talented as other pro bowl caliber DTs, he just needs good coaching.

If we're going to get rid of TKO, I am all for this trade. It would help out a lot, IMO. It would allow us to let McCargo and Williams grow a little, and would lesson the need to go DT in round one or two. And if by chance Okoye or Branch fall to us, suddenly DT is more of a team strength than one of its most glaring weaknesses.

If we're going to get rid of TKO, I am all for this trade. It would help out a lot, IMO. It would allow us to let McCargo and Williams grow a little, and would lesson the need to go DT in round one or two. And if by chance Okoye or Branch fall to us, suddenly DT is more of a team strength than one of its most glaring weaknesses.

Good point! that would be Ok!

Go Bills!

Supposedly the Bills have been contacted about Darwin and the Iggles have shown interest in Takeo. I'd trade Takeo for Darwin.

(Link to Walker rumor)

http://www.nj.com/columns/times/eckel/inde....xml&coll=5

More about Walker:

From his CNNSI predraft bio

Transfer from North Carolina St. Two-year starter. Inside player with less than ideal size, but has good thickness and strength. Quick off the ball. Springs forward with good lean. Can penetrate and disrupt. Plays with good knee bend and balance. Stays on his feet well. Has a burst in pursuit but sometimes gets out of position and sealed off. Agile for his size. Not a dynamic pass rusher but he keeps his feet active on his charge.
He ranked as the 3rd best DT in that draft yet was 5th one taken. He was also cut by his drafting team only two games into his rookie season but of course it was the Cardinals. He's also been rumored to be traded for quite a few years so a little concerned why the Eagles be so quick to move him. All that said Tom Modrak must be familair with him due to his ties to Philly. Of course from an old report prior to the draft had this to say about Modrak: "One draft strategy is dear. Both Modrak and Reid consider character a major factor and will stay away from players with a checkered past" which tells me Modrak must have though Walker had character when claimed him when the Cardinals cut him. As stated in another thread, I feel this might ultimately come down to the salary cap and if Walker and Spikes are close enough in price I take the chance with a conditional draft tossed in for consideration ie if Walker fails to make the team then we can get a 5th or 6th Round pick in 2008.

this is the 1st time i have ever trolled another teams message boards,but i was curious what the eagles fans thought about this trade.they have it on their board that it will be darwin walker and a conditional 3rd round 2008 pick for spikes if he passes his physical. its only one of their posters saying this so it is just rumor,but it is one that sounds reasonable.

this is the 1st time i have ever trolled another teams message boards,but i was curious what the eagles fans thought about this trade.they have it on their board that it will be darwin walker and a conditional 3rd round 2008 pick for spikes if he passes his physical. its only one of their posters saying this so it is just rumor,but it is one that sounds reasonable.

Nice work does anyone on the board no Walkers contract numbers?

if we get that much for spikes i'd be shocked! not that i'm saying he's wrong or you're wrong for posting it, just that I didn't think that we would be able to get that much. That said, I really wished we would have just kept him, even for that. But i understand that things definitley went on behind the scene that we dont know about (Spikes hasn't whipsered a word all offseason, even with all the trade rumors. He wasn't happy about london leaving, and now there are reports that the bills gave his agent permission to seek a trade...) I think the sad fact is though is that he wants to move on. When a guy has that mentality there's not much else you can do. I think talent wise it's not worth it (i still think he has a lot left in him..the nagging injuries are what kept him down this year so we still really don't know about the achillis (spelling?)). Realistically though, I think its a good move.

Definitley think we go LB in round 1 now. and again by our 4th (someone like Tim Shaw)

if we get that much for spikes i'd be shocked! not that i'm saying he's wrong or you're wrong for posting it, just that I didn't think that we would be able to get that much. That said, I really wished we would have just kept him, even for that. But i understand that things definitley went on behind the scene that we dont know about (Spikes hasn't whipsered a word all offseason, even with all the trade rumors. He wasn't happy about london leaving, and now there are reports that the bills gave his agent permission to seek a trade...) I think the sad fact is though is that he wants to move on. When a guy has that mentality there's not much else you can do. I think talent wise it's not worth it (i still think he has a lot left in him..the nagging injuries are what kept him down this year so we still really don't know about the achillis (spelling?)). Realistically though, I think its a good move.

Definitley think we go LB in round 1 now. and again by our 4th (someone like Tim Shaw)

like i said its just a rumor on their board,but i tell you what the iggy fans are excited.one post has 17 pages on the john murphy story about possible getting spikes.they got posters saying they will be up all night and that spikes is their ticket to the superbowl.espn says that the iggys are the favorites to land spikes.

I feel like we need to give Spikes another season of fully being healthy before we get rid of him. I think he still has good football in him and he could end up like Julian Peterson did for the Seahawks. If we can get D. Walker and a 3rd for him I'de be pretty happy because I feel like all we will get is a 4th or 5th for him.

I feel like we need to give Spikes another season of fully being healthy before we get rid of him. I think he still has good football in him and he could end up like Julian Peterson did for the Seahawks. If we can get D. Walker and a 3rd for him I'de be pretty happy because I feel like all we will get is a 4th or 5th for him.

That's exactly my feelings on him. I just think the writing is on the wall with him. It's sad. I understand where he's coming from and wanting to win and being loyal to veterans, but unfortunately its not how the NFL works. He's an emotional guy playing in a shrewed league. I feel for him, I wish all players were like him. I think he's going to have a great year (whomever he plays for) I just think there are too many variables which made him returning not possible. Between Levy wanting to get younger, attacking LB's, to his injury concenrs and no one knowing if he will return to full stength, his salary, his age, trade rumors, him not being happy that London left, Milloy, ect... I just think all of those things added up means that he has to move on despite maybe what's best for him, the Bills and the fans. It's just one of those things where too many things have been set in motion for there to ever being a chance to go back... even if going back might be the better choice...

If he does indeed get traded i wish him all the luck and hope he gets what he deserves whomever he plays for (hopefully its an NFC team so it will have minimal effect on us)

Man, if 2 years ago, you'd told me we be trading Spikes for Darwin Walker, I would have laughed at you. Now I actually think it would be a decent deal.

Damn Spikes. Why you have to get injuried? This is the type of guy we need this year and should have retired as a Bill. But business is business. Hope Spikes gets to see the playoffs and the Bills set themselves up as a contender for the forseeable future.

Spikes is gone, it's done

As much as I enjoyed watching Spikes play until the injury, it now merely the law of diminishing returns. Large contract, reduced mobility and impact, along with age beginning to be a factor. As was the case with McGahee (other issues aside), it's time to get something for him rather than this year being his last and ending up with zippo.

If he can return to close to his former self, all the more power to him, but he's now on the wrong side of 30 and..............

Wish Takeo well.....