Which would you rather have happen?

chetsap

That's only about $6K after uncle SAM and NYS takes their share. I'll take the BILLS WIN. I've spent over that going to the games the past ten ten years.

How about if they just return the few pennies they (may have) got from you?

They can keep whatever I contributed.

"The other thing that really sticks in my craw, is businesses come to the Falls (US side) and demand all sorts of incentives and tax breaks, etc. When they can't extort the gov't for enough, they set up on the Canadian side (where I'm sure they aren't getting huge incentives and tax breaks). These are AMERICAN companies. It is sickening."

- Author unknown.

:blink:

And seeing as both of these questions (sucking and winning a SB) have a price, it makes sense to merge them:

Who here would suck someone if it meant the Bills would win the Super Bowl this year? For your post above, I know where you stand.

Yeah I won't suck someone no matter what, and I wouldn't accept any money no matter how much if it meant the Bills lost the superbowl. Now then, if sucking someone meant the Bills would win the Superbowl, I'd gladly outsource that job to one of the members of the Canadian Ballet on the premise that they would do a better job than I would :blink:

Older than that. :blink:

Attributed to Winston Churchill, I dunno...70 years ago? At a dinner party where he was seated next to a particularly vexing woman:

Churchill: "Madam, would you go to bed with me for a million pounds?"

Woman: "Why Sir Winston, of course!".

Churchill: "Madam, would you go to bed with me for 10 pounds?"

Woman: "Why, no!!!"

Churchill: "Madam, we have established that you are a whore. We merely haggle price".

I think it may be falsely attributed to Churchill, though. I know one or two of those "dinner party" jokes are...but I can't remember if this is one of them or not.

I think it may be falsely attributed to Churchill, though. I know one or two of those "dinner party" jokes are...but I can't remember if this is one of them or not.

May well be. But it is an old, old one. And certainly within Churchill's character. I saw an old b&w clip on tv some time ago, where Richard Burton related a story about being on stage when the "Old Man", as Burton referred, was in the audience of the playhouse.

Hilarious tale... :blink:

If the $10,000 guarantees a Bills victory in the Super Bowl, I take the Super Bowl win and place a bet large enough to win the $10k (or more!)

It's a win-win scenario!

Hey, now THAT'S smart thinking!

If the $10,000 guarantees a Bills victory in the Super Bowl, I take the Super Bowl win and place a bet large enough to win the $10k (or more!)

It's a win-win scenario!

WOW , I like your thinking

"The other thing that really sticks in my craw, is businesses come to the Falls (US side) and demand all sorts of incentives and tax breaks, etc. When they can't extort the gov't for enough, they set up on the Canadian side (where I'm sure they aren't getting huge incentives and tax breaks). These are AMERICAN companies. It is sickening."

- Author unknown.

:blink:

Sounds like a VERY intelligent man! If an operation as vital to the community's fabric and psyche as the Bills were to ask the Falls for $, I'd say "Give it to them!", in a heartbeat.

10 grand is something that can go pretty easy. I'll take the superbowl. Now if we're talking 100 grand Id take the money.

I agree. I only make about 30,000 a year but 10,000 isnt that much money. I would take a super bowl win unless it went closer to 50,000 then sorry people.

Bills win the superbowl. Could really use the bucks though. I would need to spend ten grand on the Sports illustrated Buffalo Bills super bowl stuff. Super bowl championships hats, jackets bumber stickers. yeah about $10Gs saying that the Bills are the Best.

Bills, no question. Look at it from a utilitarian perspective. A Bills win would uplift, our friends, loved ones, and community immeasurably. Also, it would be something that we all can treasure forever. The $10,000 is something I would burn through gambling within a few days.

This is just for fun but would you rather win $10,000 or have the Bills win a super Bowl???

When Norwood lined up for the winning kick in super XXV, I had the winning numbers on a pool.

A measly $600, but at the time we were newly weds, the house needed a lot of work.

So when the misses says what would you rather have, $600 or the Bills win the Superbowl? What did I say?

And this is 100% true.

"The $600, they can go to SB again next year" :devil:

I would give it back in a second to know there was a Vince Lombardi trophy at One Bills Drive.

But $10,000, I have 6 kids, that sure would help with college. :D

When Norwood lined up for the winning kick in super XXV, I had the winning numbers on a pool.

A measly $600, but at the time we were newly weds, the house needed a lot of work.

So when the misses says what would you rather have, $600 or the Bills win the Superbowl? What did I say?

And this is 100% true.

"The $600, they can go to SB again next year" :devil:

I would give it back in a second to know there was a Vince Lombardi trophy at One Bills Drive.

But $10,000, I have 6 kids, that sure would help with college. :D

So it's YOUR FAULT!!!! Come on guys, bring out the torches and pitchforks, tar and feathers, and let's go get him!!!!!!!!!! ;)

everyone will say win the Super Bowl, but secretly everyone, if presented a suitcase full of cash - will take the money and run.

Ten thousand dollars is NOT a suitcase of money. (unless it were all one dollar bills) I Would Gladly Take The SUPERBOWL!!!!!!