I hope we don't trade Takeo Spikes.

Trading Takeo Spikes, would defanitely be a shot in the foot to the line backer core. I know he's been hampered by injuries, but I don't think he should be traded or be replaced based on that. Takeo Spikes is still a freak of nature and is still a heavy hitter. So I say we should keep Takeo Spikes

I don't know how we are going to resolve Spikes but you can bet he won't be on the roster come the season opener. Marv is building a team and there was a difference of opinion concerning personnel with Spikes. Spikes sounded like a mild Moulds when the new regime were making roster decisions. The money doesn't make sense in keeping Spikes anyways, the guy has played his better days. Remember Cowart? Great LB, same injury. It's time to purge. My biggest disappointment with this decision is I have another outdated jersey.

I don't know how we are going to resolve Spikes but you can bet he won't be on the roster come the season opener. Marv is building a team and there was a difference of opinion concerning personnel with Spikes. Spikes sounded like a mild Moulds when the new regime were making roster decisions. The money doesn't make sense in keeping Spikes anyways, the guy has played his better days. Remember Cowart? Great LB, same injury. It's time to purge. My biggest disappointment with this decision is I have another outdated jersey.
Yeah Sam Cowart was great, but at that time we bought in a calibur player to replace him and that was london fletcher, who are we going to bring in to replace a guy with takeo's calibur? there isn't anyone in free agent other than lance briggs, has the same calibur as takeo spikes, or in the draft

I'm not afraid of our trading him. I suspect if we think he can play and is recovered we'll keep him. However, if the assessment he isn't going to come all the way back...I think we might actually cut him on down line. Watch how many linebackers we draft.

Yep. I think Spikes is out. We trade down with GB and take Willis then move back into round 1 and select Poszluzny. BAM!................NEEEEEEEEXT! :nana:

Yep. I think Spikes is out. We trade down with GB and take Willis then move back into round 1 and select Poszluzny. BAM!................NEEEEEEEEXT! :nana:

Why would anyone want damaged goods that we don't want? Do you really think they will give us an all-pro for TKO and a 3rd round pick? Somebody explain this logic...

i dont want the bills to trade takeo either.i feel even if he has lost a step or isn't the best linebacker the bills have ,he is still the emotional leader of this defense.i think after playing last season he could be back to full form this season.his injurys last season i think were hamstrings and not his torn achilles.we need takeo!go bills in"07

Why would anyone want damaged goods that we don't want? Do you really think they will give us an all-pro for TKO and a 3rd round pick? Somebody explain this logic...

Who said anything about trading him? Not me. Though it could happen. He could get cut. Hell if I know. How's that for logic?

briggs is willing to sit out this whole year, or at least he said so. they'd be getting something, instead of losing him next year to FA. :shrug:

I know I'm in the minority, but I really want him back. I think he'll be much better this year, almost the old Spikes. I love the way the guy plays and hopefully, they bring him back.

I guess this makes two(at least) of us. I don't remember thinking:

"This guy has a bad attitude towards JP"

"This guy can't get it done anymore"

on the first play of the season last year. I do remember our entire club screaming and cheering to the point that the managers came running up the stairs in terror :D I do remember that he got hurt, again, during that game and that it bothered him the rest of the season. I also remember that he clearly began to turn the corner the last four games of the season. So yeah, we would be foolish to cut/trade him based on internet innuendo. :nana:

Trading Takeo Spikes, would defanitely be a shot in the foot to the line backer core. I know he's been hampered by injuries, but I don't think he should be traded or be replaced based on that. Takeo Spikes is still a freak of nature and is still a heavy hitter. So I say we should keep Takeo Spikes

His career is done. Just like Cowart--exact same injury.

when did he say HE wants to be here? and I think we have endured enough with him, he was a nice pick-up at the time, let's move on and go into a direction better suited for the Defense.

I agree with you 100%. I will go as far as to say he wasn't worth the money he was making even before the injury. I have always thought he was very good player, but very overrated much like a Junior Seau. He is very animated on the field and when he jumps on the pile after the play, he is the first one pumping his fists to make sure he gets the recognition. Other than the opening day win against New England where he looked like the best linebacker I have ever seen, his play has been very forgettable here in Buffalo.

What games were you watching?

Clearly not the Bills games. That is a ridiculous statement to make. Takeo was a very high impact player for the Bills prior to his injury.

Other than the opening day win against New England where he looked like the best linebacker I have ever seen, his play has been very forgettable here in Buffalo.

Probbly cut him. He cost's too much. I know that the cap hit is still 3m, but if I owned the team I wouldn't part with 4+mil. for TKO, and I'm less thrifty than R. Wilson

Under the "If you can't say anything nice..." rule, here is my reply to that:

Probbly cut him. He cost's too much. I know that the cap hit is still 3m, but if I owned the team I wouldn't part with 4+mil. for TKO, and I'm less thrifty than R. Wilson

Only cut him if we need the money. He's still provides great leadership to this defense. He's on of the only veterans left to teach this young group of players how to play with both leadership and athleticism.

I agree with you 100%. I will go as far as to say he wasn't worth the money he was making even before the injury. I have always thought he was very good player, but very overrated much like a Junior Seau. He is very animated on the field and when he jumps on the pile after the play, he is the first one pumping his fists to make sure he gets the recognition. Other than the opening day win against New England where he looked like the best linebacker I have ever seen, his play has been very forgettable here in Buffalo.

Is that right? What exactly was wrong with his game?

Was he good against the pass? Yes, he was good in coverage and even had some picks.

How was he against the run? Great. He could shed blocks and even catch runners from behind at times. He was extremely physical.

Could he blitz? Sure. He brought plenty of pressure and some sacks as well. He was a lb who was strong enough to go straight up againt some offensive linemen.

I don't think there were 20 linebackers that I ever saw that were better than a healthy TKO, and I have seen a lot of linebackers. I liken TKO to a modern day Robert Brazile. Have you ever heard of him?

Only cut him if we need the money. He's still provides great leadership to this defense. He's on of the only veterans left to teach this young group of players how to play with both leadership and athleticism.

that's right-

he has a history of playing on winning teams :nana:

THIS is anything but logical........

Man I want Spikes just because of what he has given us. All that time spent getting back? He got back to being a Bill! Good for him. Now we pay him his contract. Because that is what we do. And we hope he has it. But if he doesn't? We got his back. That is team mentality. That is what makes players - believers. And believers win.

Just ask marv.