What’s your draft strategy?

The way you answer this question seems like one of the largest variables of the draft. I think a good case could be made for most these options, but my hope is he comes from group 2 or 3.

Tried having a poll, no luck.

My groups had

1. Peterson-Lynch

2. Bush, Pittman, Irons

3. Hunt- Jackson, Walker

4. Smith-Henry-Wright

With all of the large holes we need to fill, we can afford to take the best player available. Chances are, the best player available will also fill a need. One of the very good players should be there for us at 12.

By the way, my draft strategy would always be to take the best player available. I would hate to reach for a player. Rather than reach for someone, just trade down.

The way you answer this question seems is one of the biggest variables of the draft. I think a good case could be made for most these options, but my hope is he comes from group 2 or 3.

Looks like RB in first round--unless the bills seee a Thurman hiding somewhere. Now the key would be DT and CB. How do we use the 2 and 3..or even next years 3 in combo with free agency.

RB,CB,DT...with LB a 4th..-but not sure we have enough ammo to get that need filled if we are lucky enough to get other 3 needs filled properly. HUGE draft...huge F A period.

I don't see how Lynch and Peterson can be considered the same option. I'd want Peterson with the 12th pick. I wouldn't want Lynch. It's a mistake to go into the draft with too tightly defined a strategy.

I agree. If Peterson is not there at 12, pick up an RB later on.

I don't see how Lynch and Peterson can be considered the same option. I'd want Peterson with the 12th pick. I wouldn't want Lynch. It's a mistake to go into the draft with too tightly defined a strategy.

Its one or the other, IE Peterson or Lynch. Bush or Pittman or Irons etc. I wish the poll would have worked.

My draft strategy is to actually let people who can aptly evaluate players handle those issues. Think Kirwan, Kiper or of the "gurus" can actually do that? Doubt it, or else they'd be employed elsewhere. All they do is look at "measurables" and estimate who will go where based on need and "value". That's why I don't put much stock in their crap.

My personal strategy will be to drink heavily. It will take the sting out of trying to fathom Marv's unexpected collection of defensive backs/tight ends/wide recievers sure to be picked on day one. He will be right, of course, in not doing everything earthly possible to aquire Peterson, as I would prefer.

My strategy is to repeat last year's scenario: I'll look at Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog and say, "Donte who?"

(Of, course, I expect it to be a different name this year)

Then, I'll say, "Marv knows what he's doing"

I dont care who's on the board. I call up the Bears and offer pick # 12 for # 31 and Lance Briggs

then at 31 I take Chris Houston CB Arkansas

2nd rounder- Justin Harrell DT Tennessee

3rd rounder A- Antonio Pittman RB Ohio State

3rd rounder B- Justin Durant LB Hampton

My draft strategy is to actually let people who can aptly evaluate players handle those issues. Think Kirwan, Kiper or of the "gurus" can actually do that? Doubt it, or else they'd be employed elsewhere. All they do is look at "measurables" and estimate who will go where based on need and "value". That's why I don't put much stock in their crap.

But guessing is so much fun to do so i will take my shot, but even this wild-eyed fan is not dumb enough to advocate any strategy until after we see what deals we can make in FA. I don't think anyone who is even half serious about this can really take any strategy even halfway serious until we see what shakes out.

The way you answer this question seems like one of the largest variables of the draft. I think a good case could be made for most these options, but my hope is he comes from group 2 or 3.

Tried having a poll, no luck.

My groups had

1. Peterson-Lynch

2. Bush, Pittman, Irons

3. Hunt- Jackson, Walker

4. Smith-Henry-Wright

While a running back would be nice in round two, three, or four, I would go with almost all defensive players, especially in rounds one and two. Unless there is a guy that is a can't miss guy that the Bills like, I would select a middle linebacker or defensive tackle. I think if Okoye falls to us, we have to seriously think about taking him. The potential as a star for years with Okoye is very high.