(OT)Domestic Question for the brain trust

The Poojer

ya know when you leave laundry in the washer a bit too long and it gets that god awful smell?  How the hell do you get the smell out?  I have washed it over and over to no avail, people are beginning to think i stink

66741[/snapback]

Have you tried using bleach?

I do the laundry at Chez Surf. If you did a load and left it there too long some kind of secret mold stuff has gotten in there. That is a problem. Usually is I rewash the stuff in hot water with laundry soap it comes back to normal. If you've done that and it still stinks I would throw the stuff out and not do that again. Did you leave that stuff in there over a weekend or something? Or try to rewash the load with a whole box of baking soda to take the smell away. That could help.

Here's a bonus laundry tip >>

If you dry towels in the dryer and not hang them outside on a line here's a tip. Once ther towels have completed the wash and final spin, take all of them out of the washer, shake (Master Shake!) them out and put them back in the washer and spin them one more time. Not once around but the whole spin cycle. This extra spin drives out a lot of extra left over water in the towels. So once you move them to the dryer they will dry faster and use less energy. It works for me.

Laundry is my life !

Guest Behind the dreaded wall
Have you tried water and vinegar?

It's been known to eliminate some of the nastiest odors.

66806[/snapback]

Great he'll smell like a douche.