What if McGahee ever returns to his U of Miami form?

It seems that the Bills are awfully anxious to get of #21, what's the reason?

Does his work ethic suck?

Is there a reason that nobody here knows that is causing the Bills to get rid of him?

What if this guy returns to his pre-injury form? I know he hasn't yet in the NFL but this might be the first time he's behind a decent line.

If he were to get back to that form or close to it how would this trade be viewed in a few years?

Just my thoughts, if they have a good reason to get rid of him & can get a 2nd I wouldn't be upset, but if he returns to "that guy" he was at the U...

Is there a reason that nobody here knows that is causing the Bills to get rid of him?

What if this guy returns to his pre-injury form? I know he hasn't yet in the NFL but this might be the first time he's behind a decent line.

If he were to get back to that form or close to it how would this trade be viewed in a few years?

Just my thoughts, if they have a good reason to get rid of him & can get a 2nd I wouldn't be upset, but if he returns to "that guy" he was at the U...

just in my opinion i think its because of his unwillingness to participate in certain off season things becuase he loves his MIami.. that shows poor leadership and marv probably hates that..

also he had that article in penthouse magazine stating that he thinks the bills should move the franchise to toronto because he likes toronto.. that tells me two things

1- he isn't loyal whatsoever (in the words of mike irvin "i love me some me")

2- he is plain stupid for not realizing the backlash of that remark... marv likes smart players

also two years ago willie came out and blatenly said "i am the best running back in the NFL"........ haha yea buddy.. i might put him at about the 25th best in the nfl... maybe!!!!!

I tend to agree with you, but I'm not so worried about his return to college form. I'd say, its been plenty of time for that to happen. I do think he could be a heck of a RB if he gets behind a good line and is reasonably motiveted each week. So, I've always been hopeful he'd stay here and tear things up.

However, with that being said, if the reports regarding his work ethic, attitude, and unwillingness to learn the playbook are true; then I say screw trading him, bench him for a year then put him in NFL Europe. Seriously though, at the very least, that kind of attitude would definitely warrant trading him regardless of our alternative.

Did anyone watch McGahee while he was a Bill ?

The man has 0 heart, didn't know the playbook, refuses to come to offseason workouts, fathered 3 illegitimate children, suggested the Bills move to Toronto, never dictates an NFL game, can't block well, and misses blitz pickups regularly. Willis' action speak loud and clear

McGahee just doesn't have the heart to be a probowl RB, nor the desire to be a Bill.

just in my opinion i think its because of his unwillingness to participate in certain off season things becuase he loves his MIami.. that shows poor leadership and marv probably hates that..

also he had that article in penthouse magazine stating that he thinks the bills should move the franchise to toronto because he likes toronto.. that tells me two things

1- he isn't loyal whatsoever (in the words of mike irvin "i love me some me")

2- he is plain stupid for not realizing the backlash of that remark... marv likes smart players

also two years ago willie came out and blatenly said "i am the best running back in the NFL"........ haha yea buddy.. i might put him at about the 25th best in the nfl... maybe!!!!!

Some of the points cited in this article reminded me again of why we can't allow this guy to play on the 2007 Bills:

http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/billstuff3.6.07.html

McGahee didn't do anything to endear himself to fans or the organization with his comments about Western New York and suggestion that the Bills move to Toronto during an interview with "Penthouse" magazine other than to remind everyone that the cheesy publication is still in business.

Somehow, it was a fitting forum -- pardon the pun -- for McGahee to empty out whatever thoughts were rattling around his brain. His entire professional career has been rather gauche.

During the draft, he and agent Drew Rosenhaus chatted intently on their cell phones any time ESPN's cameras were on, supposedly indicating that they were talking to various NFL front offices. This was apparently meant to put additional pressure on any team willing to use a first-round draft pick on a running back who would miss an entire season rehabbing the gruesome knee injury he suffered in his last college game.

In reality, they were talking to each other.

After the Bills bit, McGahee continued acting like a superstar, even as he limped around during his rehabilitation. Once he got on the field, McGahee's first season was easily his best, as he ran for 1,128 yards and 13 touchdowns, most of it as the Bills ran off a six-game late-season winning streak to the brink of, but not into, the playoffs.

That 2004 season was the only one in which he managed to reach an average of 4 yards per carry, hitting that number on the nose. He's had his moments since, usually against the New York Jets, but has never been able to overcome shortcomings on the line and at quarterback to carry the offense. That's the least you would expect of a first-round back, particularly one making noise about renegotiating his contract.

McGahee has chosen not to take part in the team's offseason workout program, instead staying in Florida, presumably so that he can hang out and play video games with the ever more creepy Rosenhaus.

But forget for a moment where he chooses to work out, the "Penthouse" comments and the blase attitude he demonstrates in just about every interview. Forget the serial paternity suits. McGahee has offered plenty of on-field evidence that he's not worth the trouble, or money, required to keep him around.

At best, he's a solid running back. While it's tough to guess, in retrospect, what Tom Donahoe was thinking at times during his tenure as Buffalo's football czar, it's safe to say he didn't spend a first-round pick and then wait a year for solid.

You can get more for less cash and with fewer hassles in the draft, well after the first round, as well as in free agency or trades. Assuming a stronger offensive line and continued improvement by J.P. Losman, the ground game should improve, whoever does the carrying.

ZERO HEART? ??? Listen, I think Willis is as big a dumbass as the next guy. I dont know that he has ZERO heart, hes a bit selective, but its hard to say that about a guy who came back from such an injury and got to the point where he is currently at. I bet 90% of the people on this board would never walk quite right ever again if they suffered that injury, let alone carry a football 250 times a year.

I've always had the feeling that Willis rubbed Marv and Dick the wrong way when he refused to show up for voluntary workouts last season. Frankly, he's not done much since then to gain their favor.

The words Willis, Marv, Rubbed , and Dick should never be used in the same sentence!

The man has 0 heart, didn't know the playbook, refuses to come to offseason workouts, fathered 3 illegitimate children, suggested the Bills move to Toronto, never dictates an NFL game, can't block well, and misses blitz pickups regularly. Willis' action speak loud and clear

McGahee just doesn't have the heart to be a probowl RB, nor the desire to be a Bill.

I've been saying this for years, and yet there were always a dozen 'experts' claiming Willis was a top-5 back. Peter, where are you now? Kelly?

The guy has been horribly average ever since Travis left. Terribly inconsistent blocker, terrible attitude, hesitant runner, doesn't know the playbook, and he's a MORON.

When this guy was in rehab, all we ever heard was how hard he worked and how he was ahead of schedule. We all laughed when he was on the phone with Drew and thought it was funny. I'm sorry (and would hate to see it happen), but everyone outside of western NY feels that if the owner can not afford the team there in today's NFL, they should move. Noone want's to hear an NFL billionare cry poor in today's world.

I have never heard any player or coach question his heart or say he was a cancer, in fact I am astounded by the new acquzations that come up each and everyday and am wondering where people come up with this crap.

Also... where is this he doesn't know the playbook comming from? i have never seen it, or heard it from a reliable source, anyone have a link. This guy was awesome in his 1st year. The last two he was behind a terrible line with a team built to run 1st and throw second, everyone and I mean everyone stacked the box against the Bills and dared them to try to run. He is young and has had a short NFL career. What did OJ Simpson do his 1st 3 years on bad team, nothing! This guy may never be LT, but he will be a very good back and we will regret trading him if we do.

Willis has been my favorite players since his U days. I was shocked and elated to another level when the Bills drafted him. He needs a different environment though. If he gets on the right team he will be a monster like he was in college...the right team though is not the Bills. Lets get our picks from the Ravens and Willis can be reunited with a lot of his boys again, play on a contender, and pretty much do his thing.

Kenny Irons anyone?

I'd be more annoyed about losing him if after he leaves Buffalo he stops trying to run like he did pre-injury and decides to play like the power runner he is (like he did in his first year playing with the Bills). He could have been a very good power back if he contiuned to play with grit and looked to plow over people instead of dancing around them.

ZERO HEART? ??? Listen, I think Willis is as big a dumbass as the next guy. I dont know that he has ZERO heart, hes a bit selective, but its hard to say that about a guy who came back from such an injury and got to the point where he is currently at. I bet 90% of the people on this board would never walk quite right ever again if they suffered that injury, let alone carry a football 250 times a year.

give me a couple million bucks and I will walk pretty good.. hell I will play RB for the Buffalo Bills.. I would have "heart" for money too.. oh wait, that's just good business sense not to be confused with heart and passion for football.

But the issue is that no matter what happened this year he was gone anyway with no compensation:

1 - if he had a bad year again, we were going to let him walk rather than giving him the big contract he was looking for

2 - if he had a GREAT contract year, he would have asked for so much money (like Nate) we would not have been able to keep him anyway

Sure we could franchise him, but that just creates a Lance Briggs-type situation where everyone is unhappy.

So regardless of all of the other reasons why (offseason workouts, being an idiot, not being into the team), the best move is to get compensation for him now.

But the issue is that no matter what happened this year he was gone anyway with no compensation:

1 - if he had a bad year again, we were going to let him walk rather than giving him the big contract he was looking for

2 - if he had a GREAT contract year, he would have asked for so much money (like Nate) we would not have been able to keep him anyway

Sure we could franchise him, but that just creates a Lance Briggs-type situation where everyone is unhappy.

So regardless of all of the other reasons why (offseason workouts, being an idiot, not being into the team), the best move is to get compensation for him now.

well those are two options, but if they felt he belonged on this team, they could also try to reach an agreement with him during the year, before the season ended. It is a new concept in Buffalo, but does work. However this would be difficult after trying to TRADE HIM and showing him he isn't wanted.

i think the chances are good that McGahee has a couple good/great years with the Ravens.

he is a better fit there. he wont have to show up to training camp since there will be a handful of Ravens already at the U workouts.

they ARE a pretty good team, and i think they wouldve been better this year had they had Mcgahee.

unfortunately, his new success in a completely different environment (which happens to be suited more to his... liking) will probably have all the "experts" nationwide scoffing at the Bills like it was all their fault he didnt achieve his potential here...

Some of the points cited in this article reminded me again of why we can't allow this guy to play on the 2007 Bills:

McGahee didn't do anything to endear himself to fans or the organization with his comments about Western New York and suggestion that the Bills move to Toronto during an interview with "Penthouse" magazine other than to remind everyone that the cheesy publication is still in business.

Somehow, it was a fitting forum -- pardon the pun -- for McGahee to empty out whatever thoughts were rattling around his brain. His entire professional career has been rather gauche.

During the draft, he and agent Drew Rosenhaus chatted intently on their cell phones any time ESPN's cameras were on, supposedly indicating that they were talking to various NFL front offices. This was apparently meant to put additional pressure on any team willing to use a first-round draft pick on a running back who would miss an entire season rehabbing the gruesome knee injury he suffered in his last college game.

In reality, they were talking to each other.

After the Bills bit, McGahee continued acting like a superstar, even as he limped around during his rehabilitation. Once he got on the field, McGahee's first season was easily his best, as he ran for 1,128 yards and 13 touchdowns, most of it as the Bills ran off a six-game late-season winning streak to the brink of, but not into, the playoffs.

That 2004 season was the only one in which he managed to reach an average of 4 yards per carry, hitting that number on the nose. He's had his moments since, usually against the New York Jets, but has never been able to overcome shortcomings on the line and at quarterback to carry the offense. That's the least you would expect of a first-round back, particularly one making noise about renegotiating his contract.

McGahee has chosen not to take part in the team's offseason workout program, instead staying in Florida, presumably so that he can hang out and play video games with the ever more creepy Rosenhaus.

But forget for a moment where he chooses to work out, the "Penthouse" comments and the blase attitude he demonstrates in just about every interview. Forget the serial paternity suits. McGahee has offered plenty of on-field evidence that he's not worth the trouble, or money, required to keep him around.

At best, he's a solid running back. While it's tough to guess, in retrospect, what Tom Donahoe was thinking at times during his tenure as Buffalo's football czar, it's safe to say he didn't spend a first-round pick and then wait a year for solid.

You can get more for less cash and with fewer hassles in the draft, well after the first round, as well as in free agency or trades. Assuming a stronger offensive line and continued improvement by J.P. Losman, the ground game should improve, whoever does the carrying.

Excellent post! There is indeed hope on the horizon for this board..

Marv and Dick are not mindless idiots like most fans who think the reason willis won't be here next year because he made a comment in Penthouse that said "IF" THE NFL WAS GOING TO MOVE A TEAM TO TORONTO, BUFFALO WOULD BE THE BEST FIT (He didn't say he hates buffalo, or that he likes Toronto better, just that if the NFL wanted a team there, the Bills would be the best choice, which is true, cause another team would kill the Bills financially), or because he has 3 children with 3 different women he's not married too.

He won't be a Bill because he does not give it his all on every play in every game. We all see how he can play when motivated (see any game against the Jets) and when he's not. The workouts in Miami may have also led Marv and Dick to look down onhim cause they want him to work with the team. Willis has also been a disapointment statistically and wants to renegotiate a new contract before the start ofthe season. Buffalo figures hewill not stay past this season since he will demand more then they are willing to pay, so they figure they might as well deal him now and get something for him (the same thing they tried to do with Nate last year)

But he is not being traded because of some comments he made, or the fact he has illegitamite children like lots of idiots keep billieving

It's pretty damn simple -- McGahee, who is a pretty good back, doesn't want to be in Buffalo, and the Bills don't expect to win the Super Bowl in what would be his final year with the Bills (i.e., next year). Hence, the Bills want to trade him, and will take what they can get. If they get an extra second rounder, expect them to draft a running back in the second round.

Good Points.