Proof the Bill's will get 50 cents on the dollar for McGahee

2. The Jets trade for Thomas Jones -- Am I missing something here? I would have given New York kudos for acquiring the productive Jones from Chicago in exchange for its higher of two second-round picks (37th overall) straight up. But for the Jets to get themselves a 1,200-yard running back in the process of swapping second-round selections with the Bears (New York gets Chicago's No. 63 pick) registers as a steal in my book.
Link

Given what the Jet's had to give up (Pick # 37) for a running back Thomas Jones who had a far superior season with Bears and Chicago's 2nd round pick (63), I can't see the Bill's getting a deal for McGahee that would constitute anything near fair value.

Link

Given what the Jet's had to give up (Pick # 37) for a running back Thomas Jones who had a far superior season with Bears and Chicago's 2nd round pick (63), I can't see the Bill's getting a deal for McGahee that would constitute anything near fair value.

Moving down 26 spots in round 2 is probably worth more than you think.

I am of the strong opinion that it will cost teams quite a bit to trade up this season. If I am right, the Bills are holding a ton of cards with the #12.

Don't be too surprised if the Bills wind up with an extra #1 in 08.

It can easily happen, or so I think.

That is why we should not trade him.....

Why not, he will not resign in Buffalo, we are not going to the Super Bowl this year and he has the heart of a boweavel! We might as well come away with something.

Moving down 26 spots in round 2 is probably worth more than you think.

I am of the strong opinion that it will cost teams quite a bit to trade up this season. If I am right, the Bills are holding a ton of cards with the #12.

Don't be too surprised if the Bills wind up with an extra #1 in 08.

It can easily happen, or so I think.

Here is the Point Value chart http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

Bills are hoping for a 3rd but from what I hear the chances of McGahee remaining a Buffalo Bill are slim to none. There is more to it than just his lack of effort or production.

Before the Travis Henry trade there was also very high expectations for a high draft pick here. Same for Moulds.

Have to have a dance partner, be it a trade of a player or moving down in the draft; and that won't be determined until the Bills are on the clock and other teams see whats available.

McGahee is a legend in his own mind and all the BS his agent has fed him only fans the flames. I guess there's always one GM out there that will think he can change a player; so maybe one will take the hook and gamble that he can "fix" stutter-step.....but IMHO anything more that a third is remote at this point in time.

The Jets got Jones AND A PICK for one of their own picks. How is this not robbery?

Makes me wonder how much the Bears really thought of Jones - compared to Benson or their plans for the offense.

If you look at the point value chart in the post above, the trade was the equivalent to the Bears trading Jones for 254 points (#37 pick = 530 minus #63 pick = 276). 254 points is the same as the third pick in the third round. In other words, the Bears got a very high pick in the third round for Thomas Jones. I don't think this is robbery as much as it proves that we can't expect to get any higher than a third round pick for McGahee.

If you look at the point value chart in the post above, the trade was the equivalent to the Bears trading Jones for 254 points (#37 pick = 530 minus #63 pick = 276). 254 points is the same as the third pick in the third round. In other words, the Bears got a very high pick in the third round for Thomas Jones. I don't think this is robbery as much as it proves that we can't expect to get any higher than a third round pick for McGahee.

Interesting numbers there. If you apply Holcombian Statistics to those numbers you will find the trade was an even balance as all picks are worth 3.5

In a negotiation you always have to consider your best alternative to a negotiated agreement (in the trade known as BATNA). In the Willis deal the BATNA (walk away position) is that he plays out his last contract year with us knowing he starts the season with a huge monkey on his back (very limited leverage as demonstrated by the fact that he was everyone's last choice this year...apparently including the BILLS!) and the Benjamins are going to follow the demand for him at the end of the year. I say hold for a good solid second round pick or even a very high first and if we don't get it...let him play. This is a no lose situation for us.

Link

A 2nd round draft pick for Willis is unlikely but Marv should hold out for it.

In a negotiation you always have to consider your best alternative to a negotiated agreement (in the trade known as BATNA). In the Willis deal the BATNA (walk away position) is that he plays out his last contract year with us knowing he starts the season with a huge monkey on his back (very limited leverage as demonstrated by the fact that he was everyone's last choice this year...apparently including the BILLS!) and the Benjamins are going to follow the demand for him at the end of the year. I say hold for a good solid second round pick or even a very high first and if we don't get it...let him play. This is a no lose situation for us.

good point that is the position i would like to see the Bill's take. But playing devil's advocate you could also factor in the (walk away position) might cause Willis to publicly demand for a trade (and we would get even less value) e.g D. Branch, Lance Briggs scenario or he would be such a locker room malcontent it would retard the development of the Bills young leaders eg. JP Losman, Lee Evans.

good point that is the position i would like to see the Bill's take. But playing devil's advocate you could also factor in the (walk away position) might cause Willis to publicly demand for a trade (and we would get even less value) e.g D. Branch, Lance Briggs scenario or he would be such a locker room malcontent it would retard the development of the Bills young leaders eg. JP Losman, Lee Evans.

You whiffed on the apostrophe thing again...twice. Not that anyone cares.

correct usage: ...that is the position I would like to see the Bills take.

correct usage: ...it would retard the development of the Bills' young leaders...