The Bills Draft...

I don't think many saw the Whitner pick last year. Mike Mayock picked it a day before the draft while everyone on this board argued over Ngata, Bunkley, Vernon Davis, and Winston Justice. With that being said I bet they go for someone that nobody really expects... You can throw out the obvious (Leon Hall, Okoye, P. Willis & anyone else expected to go in the top 10), and stop thinking so much. My first off the wall prediction on who they will take will be Chris Houston the corner from Arkansas.

Anbody else want to take a crack at the I told you so pick?

I don't think many saw the Whitner pick last year. Mike Mayock picked it a day before the draft while everyone on this board argued over Ngata, Bunkley, Vernon Davis, and Winston Justice. With that being said I bet they go for someone that nobody really expects... You can throw out the obvious (Leon Hall, Okoye, P. Willis & anyone else expected to go in the top 10), and stop thinking so much. My first off the wall prediction on who they will take will be Chris Houston the corner from Arkansas.

Anbody else want to take a crack at the I told you so pick?

Greg Olsen ala Pete Metzelaars

I've already seen a mock with Houston going at 12 to Buffalo. I guess we'll have to wait until Mayock makes his second to last or last mock in April. And then we'll know which surprise pick will happen.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

As good as Calvin Johnson is going to be, if Detroit drafts another WR with their #1 pick I think the Lions fans will storm the stadium.

One of the major reasons everyone was shocked at the pick last year was because we had the #8 choice. Usually in a draft most of the top ten picks are fairly well decided, or at least talked about ad nauseum. They may not ultimately be the top ten actual picks but the majority of the draftniks and publications and websites are in general agreement over the top guys, the cream of the crop. So no one looked beyond those names, and Whitner wasn't ever considered or debated or researched by Bills fans.

This year at #12, even though it's only four spots away, there are probably 14 other possible players, or even more, that go into the equation. So I doubt there will be the shock factor in this year's draft. But you never know.

One of the major reasons everyone was shocked at the pick last year was because we had the #8 choice. Usually in a draft most of the top ten picks are fairly well decided, or at least talked about ad nauseum. They may not ultimately be the top ten actual picks but the majority of the draftniks and publications and websites are in general agreement over the top guys, the cream of the crop. So no one looked beyond those names, and Whitner wasn't ever considered or debated or researched by Bills fans.

This year at #12, even though it's only four spots away, there are probably 14 other possible players, or even more, that go into the equation. So I doubt there will be the shock factor in this year's draft. But you never know.

slightly off topic... what was the last 1st round pick by the Bills that was easily predictable that most people hd guessed correctly??

was it mike williams? was that a given going into the draft?

Yeah, it was pretty well set that if Harrington was off the board at that time, that we were def. gonna go with Williams over McKinnie, but then again you never truly know, do you.

In 04 I thought(and prayed) that we were going to pick Lee Evans, oddly enough I was hoping that JP would fall to us in the 2nd but I was pretty sure he wasnt gonna make it past the Rams that year.(I believe they picked Stephen Jackson). But you all know the rest of that story.