Bills sign OG Derrick Dockery, 7 years $49M

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else glad to see our GM following up on what he says this team's needs are? Granted, Marv isn't breaking the bank on high profile OLineman like Steinbeck, Hutchinson, Diel, but he has brought in 3 Offensive Linemen in the first day of FA and he is trying to shore up a unit that was pretty deficient in the for most of the year last year.

I wonder if we are going to sign Gandy and try to put him at RG or if we are going to fill that hole via the draft. I think if we can sign 3 decent OLinemen today, we can concentrate on building our defense through the draft.

build that line up becuase we all know it starts there.

LT Peters, 25 years old, 6-4 325

LG Dockery 26 years old, 6-6 345

C Fowler 27 years old, 6-3 295

RT Pennington 23 years old 6-7 319

Continue to look for a rt guard to challange Preston.

thats alot of meat on that left side

Brad Butler will compete at both RT & RG spot unless we sign Walker. He was not 100% for most of last season & McNally likes him.

About Pennington, isn't 319 a bit light for a 6-7 right tackle? You'd think he could stand to benefit from putting on some more weight as left ends are generally a bit slower off the snap than right ends, and some more muscle could help him in the running game. Additionally, his 6-7 frame should allow for some more weight without losing too much speed/quickness/agility, right?

Heard it on the NFL Channel on Sirius. Said could be done today. More to come....

I heard it, as well. I really hope they get this guy. The Deadskins really don't want to lose him but shoring up their 'D' is their top priority. Next to Steinbach and Diehlman, he's the best guard on the market. He's young and on the rise and has a wealth of talent.

prediction from fftoolbox:

Finally, the main name to watch for the Bills could be Indianapolis' Jake Scott. The three-year veteran entered the offseason as a restricted free agent, but he didn't receive a tender offer from the Colts. That means Scott, a right guard, will hit the unrestricted free-agent market, where he'll no doubt be actively pursued. Scott has started in 32 consecutive regular-season contests for Indy, and he's one of the linemen chiefly responsible for keeping Peyton Manning upright. The 6-5, 295-pounder would be a vast improvement over Preston on the right side of the line.

If Levy could land both Dockery and Scott that would be a major success in the free agency offseason in my opinion. Look to lock up Willis on maybe a 4 year deal this offseason not next year when he can hit the market. Then in the draft address lb and cb.