pats fans concerned about bills?

truth on hold

from the pats message board (not sure he got all his facts right but we'll take the compliments):

Bills Scare me a lot more than Jets and Fins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think their defense gets better with another solid draft and the signing of kelsay. even though they will lose clements i think they more than make up for it with draft of either okoye or willis and other signings and moves in the front 7.

losman finished 11th in QB rating at 25 years of age in his first year under new coaches. i'd take him over noodle arm chad any day. (and don't even mention the best coach-killing QB since jeff george daunte.) and lee evans is without doubt the best big play WR in the division and one of the best in the league. this offense can only get better next season as they aren't losing any starters and they will have some additions.

the bills finished 5 & 2 after reorganizing their offensive line after the bye week, after which their LT peters didn't give up a single sack -- not bad since those 7 games featured opponents such as san diego and baltimore.

the media focuses on so-called "mangenius" because they're in new york. but if you look at their schedule last year they had a single victory over a team with a winning record, and that was the mud bowl in foxboro where the field was so bad it was torn up after the game ... that game was an anomoly that the pats made right in the playoffs, finishing with a winning record of 2 & 1 against the jets.

levy's core philosophy is that defense, offense and special teams all deserve equal attention and the bills special teams all things considered - kickoff coverage, punting, returns, FGs - is one of the league's best. that same philosophy is what got the bears to the super bowl.

with polian winning a super bowl in Indy (he was bills GM in 3 of the 4 SB losses), marv levy will be feeling he can do it too. i think the real new york team to focus on is the upstate variety in buffalo.

thoughts?

http://patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/m...ead.php?t=51403

Isn't it funny that on a Pats board you find a more positive post about the Bills than you find on this Bills board ! Most of the so called Bills fans on this board are truly pathetic and a waste of bandwidth being shoved thru the fiber optics and copper wire of this internet.

Thanks for posting that comment, it made my day.

OMG! Pats fans are scared of us? :lol: Well, they should be(I am writing this for Hollywood D). We may have a good/getting better team, and there are certainly many things to point to that make me look forward to this season. But, if I was a Pats fan, I would be a hell of a lot more worried about my team than the Bills. The Patriots are in deep trouble, IMHO. This is evidenced by the playoffs:

1. barely getting by a team - Jets - who beat one team with a winning record all year ahHA! what a shocker! Team they beat? = Patriots

2. happening to be on the other sideline when SD beat themselves - think about that game; can you remember a "great" play from any Patriot? . I am sure there are some that could be pointed to given ample research time, but that's not the point, off-hand there is nothing that can be pointed to as "the reason the Patriots won the game"?

3. not allowing the standard Colts self-destruction to proceed, and then making it worse by not being able to do anything at all to win the game, once the Colts self-destruction process was halted.

Couple this with a Bills team clearly on the rise and, yeah, Pats fans better be worried. Of course I am sure we'll hear why we are wrong/it's not possible for Belechick to be affected by the normal, cyclical changes every other coach faces. And I am also sure that we'll hear that 36-39 year old linebackers will never lose a step, because of the genius of Belechick's 3-4 D.

Well, let's not forget: The Patriots have won 3 out of last 6 Superbowls. :lol: :lol: HaHa! Hysterical!

Maybe we could trade one of our posters, for one of theirs! :lol:

Unfortunately, we'd have to give up one of ours plus a 3rd and 4th round pick just for a decent one of theirs...

I hear Drew Bledsoe is going to be cut soon.

We got a first round pick from you guys for him and you all laughed and crowed at how "stupid" the Pats were for trading him within the division.

Ahhhhhhhh.... the good old days.

On the topic at hand, I fear no team within the AFC East. The Pats have it wrapped up for at least the next 3 years or so.

We got a first round pick from you guys for him and you all laughed and crowed at how "stupid" the Pats were for trading him within the division.

On the topic at hand, I fear no team within the AFC East. The Pats have it wrapped up for at least the next 3 years or so.

Three years is a very long time in the NFL, and a lot can change. That said, I agree the Pats have the best chance to win the division this coming season.

As for the Bledsoe trade; I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now.

i dont recall "all laughing and crowing" over bledsoe coming to bills. as a matter of fact i think just about everyone realized pats made the right choice sticking w/ brady when bledsoe came back. as for your boy brady now though, it can't help that he's starting to leave a trail of illegitimate kids in his wake! so from here on out, you can have him!

:thumbsup:

I think the Pats have some major needs and are one injury (Brady or Seymour) from being a very mediocre team, and with Von Oelhoffen in the division you never know... :thumbsup: The receivers can't catch. I love the close up's of Caldwell after he drops the ball. Looks like his eye's will pop out of his head. There rule will be over soon :unsure: