Ralph will fire Donahoe before end of season

seq004

What I am talking about is that RW will not be able to find any replacement GM who wouldn't want to hire his own coach. Thus, MM and TD are LINKED. If you brought in a new GM, he will want to bring in new coaches.

And since it's so early on in MM's contract, RW will not want to do that.

TD and MM are here all year and all of next year.

65310[/snapback]

If the Bills go 2 - 14, everybody will be fired at season's end. EVERYBODY!

TD will run out of 'escape goats' to throw at Ralph.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See how the season plays out--what if the Bills go 9-7??? Look at the schedule, the toughest part of it is over with the exception of games at NE and Seattle. Every other game is quite winnable as was every single game the Bills played this year. 0-4 to 4-0 is not that far off.

TD only has a year left on his contract. At one time, Ralph was paying Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough AND Marv Levy at the same time. I expect TD to at least lose the GM title from his job description if the Bills lose Sunday.

Mike Mularkey's response to Ralph Wilson was "he was frustrated and didn't have the opportunity to sit back and watch the tape of the game"

I can't believe a rookie head coach only four games into his career would say anything about the owner. That's just insane and besides,

WHAT THE HELL IS DIFFERENT ON THE GD TAPE OF THE GAME?

If Ralph were 20 years younger, TD, Mularkey and Tom Clements would all be unemployed today.

TD only has a year left on his contract. At one time, Ralph was paying Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough AND Marv Levy at the same time. I expect TD to at least lose the GM title from his job description if the Bills lose Sunday.

66445[/snapback]

I still say TD walks before accepting any kind of demotion,

and that won't possibly happen until after the season.

Mike Mularkey's response to Ralph Wilson was "he was frustrated and didn't have the opportunity to sit back and watch the tape of the game"

I can't believe a rookie head coach only four games into his career would say anything about the owner. That's just insane and besides,

WHAT THE HELL IS DIFFERENT ON THE GD TAPE OF THE GAME?

If Ralph were  20 years younger, TD, Mularkey and Tom Clements would all be unemployed today.

66445[/snapback]

It was a bit peculiar, but what Mularkey said wasn't THAT bad.

I guess the radio station needs another story. :)

You can tell? Not so quick Swami. TD has three aces up his sleeve...Evans, McGahee and Loseman. This team has a real chance at long term success with these guys over the next five years. What we are witnessing is the afterbirth of a failed Drew Bledsoe era and the dawn of a new one. Wilson will judge TD's fate on which way this team is heading and how well these high picks are playing by years end.

65387[/snapback]

Although Ralph loves Drew, TD's overriding need for self-preservation may actually cast Losman as the only way to placate the fans and bring excitement back to RWS. TD can buy a few weeks from Ralph for that to happen.

Yeah, right. He'll fire him in the middle of this season. Right.

Not gonna happen. Ralph may be pissed, but he isn't a reactionary moron.

66396[/snapback]

Yeah, Todd, everyone is a reactionary in your world (if they make a decision in under five years).

Donahoe will be soon gone, just like Robbie was gone, only a little too late for us reactionaries.

If you had your way, we would still have Rob Johnson as QB, Gregg Williams as HC and Mike Pucillo as RG.

Yeah, Todd, everyone is a reactionary in your world (if they make a decision in under five years). 

Donahoe will be soon gone, just like Robbie was gone, only a little too late for us reactionaries.

If you had your way, we would still have Rob Johnson as QB, Gregg Williams as HC and Mike Pucillo as RG.

66485[/snapback]

Todd, do you have a stalker? :)

I have to disagree....Go back and look at my post I said fire TD not MM and name an advisor till the offseason when a replacement can be made.

65302[/snapback]

This makes no sense. Fire the guy and appoint an advisor? What would be the point, except to tell the team we've given up the season?

If you know Ralph Wilson's history of firing's it should not come as a surprise to anyone. 

The truth of the matter is he fired Bill Polian after taking them to the superbowl. I know some fans may dissagree but unless a miracle occurs TD will be leaving Buffalo sometime in the near future. I never said MM was going to get fired so I'm not sure what your talking about.

65302[/snapback]

Ralph fired Polian because he got into a power play with Ralph's daughter. That had nothing to do with the team's performance on the field. If anything, Ralph has shown remarkable patience when it comes to his GMs as far as team performance is concerned.

wtf good will firing TD during the season do except ruin the moral of your team and the coach.

Please, think alittle first !@#$.

66351[/snapback]

I can think (and spell) but can you? If you idiots have been Bills fans for so long how come you don't know your history? Have you ever heard of Kay Stephenson, or Hank got yanked Bullough? Don't kid yourself Ralph does what he wants when he wants. HE IS THE OWNER! Hello? Like I said BEFORE it may not be till offseason but if the Bills end up 3-13 again TD will be gone. If I'm wrong come back and tell me so after the season :)

If you had your way, we would still have Rob Johnson as QB, Gregg Williams as HC and Mike Pucillo as RG. :)  :)  :huh:

66485[/snapback]

Yes. A new GM almost ALWAYS means a new coach (99 percent of the time). And Ralph doesnt like paying people not to work. Wade Phillips knows what I am talking about.

So if a move is made it would be a promotion from within sorta deal, which to me is a lateral move. I don't see it happening till 06.

65376[/snapback]

I do

What would be the point, except to tell the team we've given up the season?

66504[/snapback]

You mean we haven't given up on the season? :) The players have, just tune in on Direct TV every sunday, crack a cold one and ask yourself again the same question. The season is over.

Only if we can build a decent OL for them....

You can tell? Not so quick Swami. TD has three aces up his sleeve...Evans, McGahee and Loseman. This team has a real chance at long term success with these guys over the next five years. What we are witnessing is the afterbirth of a failed Drew Bledsoe era and the dawn of a new one. Wilson will judge TD's fate on which way this team is heading and how well these high picks are playing by years end.

65387[/snapback]

TD has at least 3 years before he is fired no matter what. The franchise is in the best shape it has been in a long time. The stadium is filled, but more importantly the suites are filled. RW has never listened to the fans much, thank goodness.

The product on the field will improve and the Bills will make the playoffs. Probably not this year or next though. TD will be here then as will Mularkey.

A more likely and immediate move is to see a lot of player turnover. There are two many players who are overrated on this team for it to ever win a SB.

However, were I the owner I would be having serious and very loud discussions with Mularkey after comments he made concerning RW's comments after the Jets game. When the owner talks everyone below him better be taking it very seriously no matter how they view.

I can tell he's seen enough. I think he feels much like most of us feel in that this team has had talent but has no leaders and the worse offense in the NFL. I know he was frustrated with TD last year so before you say "No way" you might think twice. He has given TD 4 years to get it right and Ralph ain't getting any younger so it would not surprise me to see him ax TD and name an advisor till the offseason when a replacement can be made. It's hard to watch this team anymore and what I think Ralph is saying is that he along with the fans have the right to B upset and expect change.

65080[/snapback]

You mean we haven't given up on the season? :ph34r:  The players have, just tune in on Direct TV every sunday, crack a cold one and ask yourself again the same question. The season is over.

66552[/snapback]

My sense is that the players and most folks associated with the team have not given up on this season. From my point of view there is a difference between giving up on the hope of making the playoffs and giving up on the season. giving up on the season is an even more severe thing tod do and the team has not even totatlly given up yet on the hope of even making the playoffs as unlikely or impossible as that is. I believe this for several reasons:

1. It ain't over until its over- One thing which Wade proved to us when he gave up on the playoffs because it was virtually impossible for the team to make them only to see Indy make the playoffs with the same record is that it showed that no matter how rediculous one's limited hopes are you NEVER but NEVER give up until you are mathematically eliminated. The Bills have performed so badly in terms of W/L this season and against in conference opponents that we likely will be eliminated mathematically in record time, but part of being part of a TEAM and certainly being a fan of a TEAM is being insane and real rooters for the Bills have simply not given up no matter how stupid our hopes are. if foolish hope doesn't float your boat then give up on footbsll, the Lotto and the New York Stock Exchange and probably even marriage.

2. Ralph has to live a life- At whatever point Ralph fires TD he gives up on that season and unless he has a replacement strategy which he can publicly endorse then he also has made a bad business move which will not put fannies in the seats, sell beer, and provide him much entertainment in his life from this major investment. I find it unlikely that Ralph would fire TD during this season and probably prior to nest season since it appears TD is under contract next season unless there is a credible replacement plan for the future which will:

A. makes Bills fans show up for games and at least hope for the future.

B. provide Ralph with some fun entertainment and hope.

The key to the claim you made in your thread is not a judgement of whether TD has done poorly (Clearly he has failed and failed badly based on the TEAMs record even if one recognizes the huge improvements under his guidance to the business side). but an assessment of whether he has any hope of doing better during the time left under his contract, but most importantly for both the TEAM's W/L and the Bills business WHO will do and like Drew Bledsoe or Doug Flutie bring some hope to this TEAM/business for the future.

Your prediction of TD getting canned will certainly be right at some point as in football the only ones who avoid getting canned usually retire and often under pressure. Already in this thread you've given up on your initial incredibly unlikely prediction it will happen this year and wthout proposing a tangible alternative strategy which provides hope on both the W/L and business sides, a prediction he will be canned next year may end up being right out of coincidence but is pretty meaningless.