MICHAEL IRVIN LET GO BY ESPN!!!!!!!

LINK

NFL | ESPN lets go of Irvin

Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:21:33 -0800

Barry Horn, of The Dallas Morning News, reports ESPN has parted ways with NFL analyst Michael Irvin, according to ESPN spokesman Bill Hoffheimer. Hoffheimer said Irvin did not violate any contractual morals clause.

In a related announcement it was noted that Irvin's lips remain firmly planted around Terrell Owen's dcik.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LINK

NFL | ESPN lets go of Irvin

Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:21:33 -0800

Barry Horn, of The Dallas Morning News, reports ESPN has parted ways with NFL analyst Michael Irvin, according to ESPN spokesman Bill Hoffheimer. Hoffheimer said Irvin did not violate any contractual morals clause.

Good news for sure!

I actually was suprised at how much I liked Irvin his first year at ESPN. I thought he provided candid insight on player psyche on and off the field. He also wasn't afraid to be very critical of players which was a welcome change from a former player turned announcer (former players never seemed to be as critical before Irvin came along). After that first year, Irvin became the obnoxious vain jerk we all knew him for, so I'm glad he's been booted.

I didnt mind him so much. Boomer TJ and Irvin made NFL primetime fun to watch. It will be interesting to see who steps up. They need somoene to provide some energy into the show, which dispite all his faults, was irvins best attribute to the show.

I put the over/under on Irvin getting arrested for cocaine possession and taking a dive off the deep end in about 14 months....

For those of you who say Irvin was "wrong" or "controversial" in his comments, let me axe you one thing... Where did you buy your Irvin decoder ring? I couldn't understand a damn word that came out of his mouth. It's like he was hiding a kilo of coke in his cheek....

For those of you who say Irvin was "wrong" or "controversial" in his comments, let me axe you one thing... Where did you buy your Irvin decoder ring? I couldn't understand a damn word that came out of his mouth. It's like he was hiding a kilo of coke in his cheek....

I was almost disappointed that no one brought up the nose candy. I would be willing to bet that he failed a drug test or something. Since Stephen A. got his show axed and Irvin is axed, my next most annoying ESPN personality would be Barry Melrose, they have to find a less annoying Hockey announcer.

I was almost disappointed that no one brought up the nose candy. I would be willing to bet that he failed a drug test or something. Since Stephen A. got his show axed and Irvin is axed, my next most annoying ESPN personality would be Barry Melrose, they have to find a less annoying Hockey announcer.

since when did ESPN start showing hockey highlights again?? Barry gets all of 2 minutes a week on SportsCenter. its to the point where i actualy MISS him almost.

it was always uncomfortable watching Ditka try not to punch him right in the face, and pretend to be buddies with him. i bet mike is lighting up a fine cigar right now in celebration.

Kudos to ESPN for finally recognizing the mistake in hiring the Dopehead in the first place. Michael Irvin on TV was exposed for being a self-centered, talentless NFL analyst. He was a poor representative for the game. And his constant @ss-kissing of Terrell Owens in his one-on-one interviews were likely even too much for the few TO sympathizers. He'll have a lot more time to ham it up with TO now that he's unemployed.

As much as I like Shannon Sharpe, I have more problems understanding Shannon Sharpe on CBS than I did Irvin.

As much as I like Shannon Sharpe, I have more problems understanding Shannon Sharpe on CBS than I did Irvin.

DEFINITELY. its painful to try to listen to listen to him. and it has nothing to do with "ebonics" or anything. the man just cant physically speak well. hes got a mushmouth. my high school principal was the same way. his mouth just refused to make the words.