Why oh why did Drew take that sack.

We were looking so good. The team was finally fired up, we had momentum... and then Drew fell down when the defensive player that was persuing him brushed his shoulder. He could have pulled free and either run out of bounds, gained a few yards or thrown it away. That sack ate up almost all of the remaining time and I am convinced he could have avoided it. I am affraid Drew has reached the point where he expects to fall down when he is hit. So close......

Right. That's why they lost. Drew actually played well yesterday in the 4th quarter. Blame the (here we go again) play calling for the first 51 minutes or blame the defense for not making a play when they had to. On almost all of the Jets sacks, the defender was untouched. There are 45 players out there, not just Bledsoe.

Right. That's why they lost. Drew actually played well yesterday in the 4th quarter. Blame the (here we go again) play calling for the first 51 minutes or blame the defense for not making a play when they had to. On almost all of the Jets sacks, the defender was untouched. There are 45 players out there, not just Bledsoe.

64879[/snapback]

Actually, I'm not blaming Drew, I was just saying I am disappointed that he took that sack. He looked great on our scoring drives he just happened to be the guy with the ball when our final opportunity ground to a halt. The team as a whole failed to close the door at the end of the game but we looked very good at times. I wish they would have missed that damn field goal.....

Because "El Matador" Williams Ole'd yet another DE right to Drew.

64872[/snapback]

Absolutely incorrect. I taped the game and replayed that sack play on slo-mo with the DVR several times. Abraham made that sack jumping inside on Jennings. That was NOT a Mike Williams mistake. Williams rode his man to the outside and he did brush Drew as he stepped up. What was difficult to see is that Abraham took an inside route on Jennings and took Drew down by the legs. It looked like he fell down from the contact with Williams man, but he was stepping up into the pocket and Abrahm sacked him.

That was totally on Jennings. Williams handled his man exactly as he should have.

Absolutely incorrect.  I taped the game and replayed that sack play on slo-mo with the DVR several times.  Abraham made that sack jumping inside on Jennings.  That was NOT a Mike Williams mistake.  Williams rode his man to the outside and he did brush Drew as he stepped up.  What was difficult to see is that Abraham took an inside route on Jennings and took Drew down by the legs.  It looked like he fell down from the contact with Williams man, but he was stepping up into the pocket and Abrahm sacked him.

That was totally on Jennings.  Williams handled his man exactly as he should have.

64962[/snapback]

I disagree slightly. I would not qualify MW's job as job well done. While MW didn't totally whiff on Ellis, he was beat on the play and did not do a good job of pushing Ellis upfield, forcing DB to step up in pocket before the play developed. It's there that Abraham (who schooled both JJ & TH) got him.

pick your demon

I disagree slightly.  I would not qualify MW's job as job well done.  While MW didn't totally whiff on Ellis, he was beat on the play and did not do a good job of pushing Ellis upfield, forcing DB to step up in pocket before the play developed.  It's there that Abraham (who schooled both JJ & TH) got him.

pick your demon

65011[/snapback]

Mike was initially beat I grant you, but he made a nice recovery and kept Ellis outside and gave Bledsoe the opportunity to step up into the pocket. That Jennings was beat to the inisde was not forgivable. If you are an OT, and your man gets a step on you, as long as you keep him to the outside, you've still done your job.

When the pressure gets there, he tucks and curls like a little baby instead of releasing the ball and absorbing the hit.  He is crap, he is DONE!

64874[/snapback]

Instead of releasing the ball into Posey's hands to avoid the sack?

Oh wait, that was Pennington.

CW

He ran into the waiting arms of Abraham.

65041[/snapback]

Honestly, Abraham made a great play. He was in total control of JJ, but instead of trying to get by him upright, he got low when he saw that DB was stepping up.

What people are calling DB's mistake is actually a great play by JA, because DB wasn't looking to the ground when he was stepping up.

With the way this team has played this year is there anyone at all who was surprised by that sack and it's timing? I know I wasn't. That sack was an absolute given based on the way this team has performed thus far.

It's kind of funny that some people here still refuse to admit we have a bad team. Yes we have talented players, but so do the rest of the teams in the NFL. There is no wide talent gap between teams anymore like there used to be. Bad teams have talented players that:

Hold on 3rd down running plays when you are attempting to run out the clock.

Don't knock down 4th down desperation passes that will end the game and instead attempt the big play.

Commit stupid mental errors like late hits and personal fouls to keep drives alive for the opponent.

Can't avoid sacks at all costs at the most critical times, such as a late game drive when every second is precious.

You see the pattern. Bad teams play stupid football. This is why we are bad.

With 51 seconds to go, that is a chance you have to take.  A sack is conceding defeat.

65064[/snapback]

And yet we still had a hail mary attempt at the end of the game, something we would've have had with an interception.

Fact of the matter is, if Drew HAD tried to throw it away and had the ball intercepted, people would be posting about how lame it was to throw it to the Jets, and that he should've just taken the sack.

CW

We were looking so good.  The team was finally fired up, we had momentum... and then Drew fell down when the defensive player that was persuing him brushed his shoulder.  He could have pulled free and either run out of bounds, gained a few yards or thrown it away.  That sack ate up almost all of the remaining time and I am convinced he could have avoided it.  I am affraid Drew has reached the point where he expects to fall down when he is hit.  So close......

64870[/snapback]

Because he sucks!!