Making Friends...Just Complaining

NCDAWG

I have lived in NC for just over two years now, and it has been impossible to make friends with the guys that are around here. Now most of the guys in my neighborhood are not NC natives, they are transplants from NY,NJ,OH, and other areas. But the couple of times I have met a guy with common interests, it just goes south...quick. One guy turned out to be a raging alcoholic, even pissing himself the last time we went out. Another guy is sooooo whipped that we can't even go to a movie without his wife calling 4-5 times in a 3 hour period. They either want to go out and get laid or trashed. There seems to be no middle of the road. One guy pulled out his bible and started preaching at me in the middle of Hooters. Has the whole world gone nuts? Sorry...just a rant.

I have lived in NC for just over two years now, and it has been impossible to make friends with the guys that are around here. Now most of the guys in my neighborhood are not NC natives, they are transplants from NY,NJ,OH, and other areas. But the couple of times I have met a guy with common interests, it just goes south...quick. One guy turned out to be a raging alcoholic, even pissing himself the last time we went out. Another guy is sooooo whipped that we can't even go to a movie without his wife calling 4-5 times in a 3 hour period. They either want to go out and get laid or trashed. There seems to be no middle of the road. One guy pulled out his bible and started preaching at me in the middle of Hooters. Has the whole world gone nuts? Sorry...just a rant.

Maybe it's you? :sick:

Fezmid- Shame on you!!

Off The Wall is the place where TBD'rs come to be supported, nurtured and understood!!

Please post a new reply to this man. Thank you.

I'm not on suicide watch or anything, just kinda frustrated with the lack of quality human beings who appreciate the Bills and Sabres and enjoy a beer from time to time.

Fezmid- Shame on you!!

Off The Wall is the place where TBD'rs come to be supported, nurtured and understood!!

Please post a new reply to this man. Thank you.

Well he does have to take part of the blame... He's the one who moved to North Carolina. :(;)

I was just kidding around though, and I think (hope) he realized that. :)

If you want some real advice, I'd recommend finding some groups. If you like photography, find a photo club or take some photo classes. If you like remote control stuff, there's tons of clubs for RC racing, flying, etc. Get out and meet people that you know will have similar interests and you'll find people to hang out with eventually.

There has to be a Bills group in NC, no?

CW

Well he does have to take part of the blame... He's the one who moved to North Carolina. ;):)

I was just kidding around though, and I think (hope) he realized that. :)

If you want some real advice, I'd recommend finding some groups. If you like photography, find a photo club or take some photo classes. If you like remote control stuff, there's tons of clubs for RC racing, flying, etc. Get out and meet people that you know will have similar interests and you'll find people to hang out with eventually.

There has to be a Bills group in NC, no?

CW

Yeah, it's all good. I moved from south Fl... and it was worse there. At least the weather is much nicer here. I hear you. Just started playing the banjo and was looking up groups that meet locally. The one Bills group that I found is non-alcoholic :( . Kooky.

Yeah, it's all good. I moved from south Fl... and it was worse there. At least the weather is much nicer here. I hear you. Just started playing the banjo and was looking up groups that meet locally. The one Bills group that I found is non-alcoholic :( . Kooky.

a non-alcoholic Bills group??

Gee where's the fun?

I'm with you on that one.

I guess I'll be your friend too. ;)

a non-alcoholic Bills group??

Gee where's the fun?

I'm with you on that one.

I guess I'll be your friend too. :(

Oh yeah, I showed up with all the gear on ready to watch a Bills game with some crazy bills fans...and I got some yuppie christian group who watched bills games. Which is ok, for some. But I like to relax and go nuts for the Bills. And it was at a bar to boot. So I get there and order a brew and go to the table and the "leader" says "welcome fellow bills fan, but we don't drink." At which point, I say, " ok, (chug my beer), I'll be right back." I left right there. I don't trust people who don't drink. ;)

Oh yeah, I showed up with all the gear on ready to watch a Bills game with some crazy bills fans...and I got some yuppie christian group who watched bills games. Which is ok, for some. But I like to relax and go nuts for the Bills. And it was at a bar to boot. So I get there and order a brew and go to the table and the "leader" says "welcome fellow bills fan, but we don't drink." At which point, I say, " ok, (chug my beer), I'll be right back." I left right there. I don't trust people who don't drink. :(

LOL. Actually that would make a funny commercial!

Oh yeah, I showed up with all the gear on ready to watch a Bills game with some crazy bills fans...and I got some yuppie christian group who watched bills games. Which is ok, for some. But I like to relax and go nuts for the Bills. And it was at a bar to boot. So I get there and order a brew and go to the table and the "leader" says "welcome fellow bills fan, but we don't drink." At which point, I say, " ok, (chug my beer), I'll be right back." I left right there. I don't trust people who don't drink. :(

So first you complain that your friends drink too much, now you're complaining they don't drink enough. Sheesh Goldielocks, you're picky ;)

Sometimes I wonder...But I still have control of my bodily functions, :(

Always a plus when meeting new freinds...

What about people from work? When I moved to Long Island, I had only my wife and a guy from college, but on Sundays I would always do football games, and make my wings, after a while people got used to wings, and at the same time they became Bills fans, worked for me, never underestimate the power of the wings.

I'm not on suicide watch or anything, just kinda frustrated with the lack of quality human beings who appreciate the Bills and Sabres and enjoy a beer from time to time.

My brother and his wife lived near Raleigh the past few years and met several good people who were transplanted northerners and fans of the Bills/Sabres (as well as other northern teams).

maybe there is part of the problem there, you are looking for the same qualities you had in friends up north...so when they do not like the sabres or bills, things, subconsciously, go south for you from the start...I found the same thing here in richmond, which could explain why 3 of my closest freinds are fellow fredonia-ers

maybe there is part of the problem there, you are looking for the same qualities you had in friends up north...so when they do not like the sabres or bills, things, subconsciously, go south for you from the start...I found the same thing here in richmond, which could explain why 3 of my closest freinds are fellow fredonia-ers

Problem is, is that I have met a ton of people...none from the upstate area. I did meet a guy that was born in buffalo, and was a "supposed" Bills fan...but he doesnt watch the games and doesn't watch the Sabres because "hockey sucks". Most people I have met are from Long Island or Ohio. Just the way the migration pattern is in the piedmont.

So first you complain that your friends drink too much, now you're complaining they don't drink enough. Sheesh Goldielocks, you're picky ;)

Yeah, I know. But I wasn't really complaining he drank too much...just that he couldn't control his bodily functions when he did. It went something like this..."That is my friend, Tim. No the other one, the one with the depends on..." :(

Stop being a wuss. Real men don't need no stinkin friends (I have first hand knowledge here).

You are missing the point, he does have a stinking freind, (the one with the irritable bowel syndrome, bodily function control problem), catch up!

But the couple of times I have met a guy with common interests, it just goes south...quick. One guy turned out to be a raging alcoholic, even pissing himself the last time we went out. Another guy is sooooo whipped that we can't even go to a movie without his wife calling 4-5 times in a 3 hour period. They either want to go out and get laid or trashed. There seems to be no middle of the road. One guy pulled out his bible and started preaching at me in the middle of Hooters

I have the same problem over here in Dallas.

:)

:)

Problem is, is that I have met a ton of people...none from the upstate area. I did meet a guy that was born in buffalo, and was a "supposed" Bills fan...but he doesnt watch the games and doesn't watch the Sabres because "hockey sucks". Most people I have met are from Long Island or Ohio. Just the way the migration pattern is in the piedmont.

Got a feeling all the people you want want to friends with say"what a freaking weird O , dude don't want to hang out unless we be Bills fans. Do you have an opinion whether Dale should get majority ownership? Can you discuss Butchs first recruiting class? How bout that Wilson kid from Richmond who spoda be the savior at QB for state. Who ya got in Nascar fantasy?

Yeah, it's all good. I moved from south Fl... and it was worse there. At least the weather is much nicer here. I hear you. Just started playing the banjo and was looking up groups that meet locally. The one Bills group that I found is non-alcoholic :) . Kooky.

I saw "Deliverance". Maybe its the banjo playing.

Got a feeling all the people you want want to friends with say"what a freaking weird O , dude don't want to hang out unless we be Bills fans. Do you have an opinion whether Dale should get majority ownership? Can you discuss Butchs first recruiting class? How bout that Wilson kid from Richmond who spoda be the savior at QB for state. Who ya got in Nascar fantasy?

Dude, I am in NC. If you dont know about Dale jr, or Unc or Nascar, just by getting up in the morning...then there is something wrong with you. These people in my "development" are not NC born and raised. Like I said...they are all transplants, so I would say that I know more about the local venues then they do. Another example. Met the bible thumper within the first few weeks, and aside from his "preaching" him and his wife are really nice. Tells me he is a raiders fan. Well that season (05) the bills played at the raiders. So I invited him over. He shows up with raiders gear that he hasn't worn since 1980. Zubaz pants that were too small, a half shirt and a raiders bandana. Of course he doesnt drink so he can be closer to god. On top of that he doesnt know a single player on his team, but proceeds to yell and cheer every time they get a first down or even touch the ball.

Of course he doesnt drink so he can be closer to god. On top of that he doesnt know a single player on his team, but proceeds to yell and cheer every time they get a first down or even touch the ball.

So what? So he's not a diehard fan, who cares?

CW

Yeah, it's all good. I moved from south Fl... and it was worse there. At least the weather is much nicer here. I hear you. Just started playing the banjo and was looking up groups that meet locally. The one Bills group that I found is non-alcoholic :) . Kooky.

Hey I live in South Florida and love the Bills, Sabres and beer. Its definetly you champ.

Dude, I am in NC. If you dont know about Dale jr, or Unc or Nascar, just by getting up in the morning...then there is something wrong with you. These people in my "development" are not NC born and raised. Like I said...they are all transplants, so I would say that I know more about the local venues then they do. Another example. Met the bible thumper within the first few weeks, and aside from his "preaching" him and his wife are really nice. Tells me he is a raiders fan. Well that season (05) the bills played at the raiders. So I invited him over. He shows up with raiders gear that he hasn't worn since 1980. Zubaz pants that were too small, a half shirt and a raiders bandana. Of course he doesnt drink so he can be closer to god. On top of that he doesnt know a single player on his team, but proceeds to yell and cheer every time they get a first down or even touch the ball.

My post was meant to be sarcastic, guess it didn't come across that way, sorry. Down here in the cradle of the confederacy, have foundI need to be more up on the "local" sports. I must admit though, have become a nascar fan in the lst 4 years

Something tells me in all this that ncdawg is crying out for help.

My hunch is he might have forgotten one or more of the rules of manlaw and doesn't have a good buddy down in NC that can polint this out.

Here is a list ncdawg- please self test yourself and make the appropriate adjustments in your life.

Let us know how things turn out!

manlaws

Something tells me in all this that ncdawg is crying out for help.

My hunch is he might have forgotten one or more of the rules of manlaw and doesn't have a good buddy down in NC that can polint this out.

Here is a list ncdawg- please self test yourself and make the appropriate adjustments in your life.

Let us know how things turn out!

manlaws

Not crying out for help...just complaining a bit. Thanks for the list, though. I did well.