Who Goes This Year?

Holcomb costs 3.3 million against the cap if released but only 2.88 million if he stays. Therefore, he stays as a veteran backup.

I doubt that is a correct number....I thought Holcomb had a 2M signing bonus on a 7 or $8M salary....Going by your #s, I think his pro-rated bonus is 500K and his salary for the 3rd season is 2.3M. If he is cut now, that bonus accelarates and will account for 1M (2 * 500K) against the cap. Since we don't owe him the 2.3M salary it won't count against the cap...

Net result, if we keep him, he will count 2.8M towards the cap and if we cut him he will count 1M towards the cap.

Also, if we cut him after the day 1 of the season, we will still owe him 2.8M for the season and also account for that much against the cap, since he is a vested veteran

If you say, "He's a backup safety, a guy who overcomes a lack of size/athletic ability to play in the NFL," it isn't racist. To throw "white" in the sentence just before the word "backup" is racist.

But it's heartwarming to see two of you race-mongers having a public display of affection for one another. Touching.

Haha i didnt know i was a race-monger. Better go shave my head.

A position you don't hear about a lot on these forums or in the NFL in general is fullback, where Shelton probably won't be back. Maybe the Bills could pick up a guy like Brian Leonard or Le'Ron McClain in the draft, but with all our other needs, we probably would rather go the free agency route. Our running game could really improve if we had a lead blocker that could really open some holes. It's no coincidence that whoever runs behind Lorenzo Neal gets 1,000 yards (although blocking for LT the past few years helps).

Yeah, I doubt we'll get one in the draft, but Ovie Mughelli of the Ravens is a FA this year, he's quick and has decent hands to boot.

If you say, "He's a backup safety, a guy who overcomes a lack of size/athletic ability to play in the NFL," it isn't racist. To throw "white" in the sentence just before the word "backup" is racist.

But it's heartwarming to see two of you race-mongers having a public display of affection for one another. Touching.

Saying that black male athletes are generally faster runners than white male athletes is no less true than saying that men on average are taller than women. It's fact. It's not racist. No more so than saying most dry cleaners in the U.S. are owned and operated by Chinese Americans.

Saying that black male athletes are generally faster runners than white male athletes is no less true than saying that men on average are taller than women. It's fact. It's not racist. No more so than saying most dry cleaners in the U.S. are owned and operated by Chinese Americans.

"Men on the average are taller than women" is not racist. We are making progress.

"Men on the average are taller than women" is not racist. We are making progress.

I'll give it a try:

"Blacks of West African descent, on average, have a higher percentage of fast-twitch muscles than whites...thus giving them, on average, better athletic potential for football positions that emphasize superior speed and agility."

I doubt that is a correct number....I thought Holcomb had a 2M signing bonus on a 7 or $8M salary....Going by your #s, I think his pro-rated bonus is 500K and his salary for the 3rd season is 2.3M. If he is cut now, that bonus accelarates and will account for 1M (2 * 500K) against the cap. Since we don't owe him the 2.3M salary it won't count against the cap...

Net result, if we keep him, he will count 2.8M towards the cap and if we cut him he will count 1M towards the cap.

Also, if we cut him after the day 1 of the season, we will still owe him 2.8M for the season and also account for that much against the cap, since he is a vested veteran

http://www.billsdaily.com/frontoffice/salarycap.shtml