Next head coach in Big D?

Who will coach that disfunctional team now? Im not a Parcells fan at all but the deck was stacked against him when TO arrived and started up with normal behavior. Hurt in training camp- riding the stationary bike with a helmet etc. The overdose sorry the alleged overdose. Who would want to step into that situation. Not to mention having an owner who gets involved in everything- start this person, bench this guy. You would have to be a fool to go there and coach.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention having an owner who gets involved in everything- start this person, bench this guy. You would have to be a fool to go there and coach.

Sounds painfully familiar.

And fwiw I've actually heard Wade Phillips' name mentioned. Which might not be a bad fit if he can find himself a good O-coordinator. And if Wade isn't too wary of dealing with a potentially meddlesome owner.

Sounds painfully familiar.

And fwiw I've actually heard Wade Phillips' name mentioned. Which might not be a bad fit if he can find himself a good O-coordinator. And if Wade isn't too wary of dealing with a potentially meddlesome owner.

Wade Phillips was indeed mentioned. This morning on NFL Network, Adam said the Cowboys had been preparing an "exhaustive" list of possible candidates. Wade was certainly on the list, but he was by no means the only name on the list. He also mentioned the OK coach and a few other names I can't recall, but again reiterated, they'll be looking at all options and get who they want.

So, at this point, I'd say the likely replacment is still very much up in the air.

Who will coach that disfunctional team now? Im not a Parcells fan at all but the deck was stacked against him when TO arrived and started up with normal behavior. Hurt in training camp- riding the stationary bike with a helmet etc. The overdose sorry the alleged overdose. Who would want to step into that situation. Not to mention having an owner who gets involved in everything- start this person, bench this guy. You would have to be a fool to go there and coach.

I'd think Dallas want to go with an offensive mind that can't help build on Tony Romo's success from last year and at the same time could help appease TO and perhaps let them develop a stronger running game with Julius Jones/Marion Barber. I haven't read it anywhere but to me the best candidate to that could be Norm Chow. Of course I think he'd have to find a strong D coordinator to allow the defense to not completely fall apart and maybe how things shake up in Pittsburgh they could go with Dick LeBeau to fill that role if Chow wants to continue to play the 3-4. Just my two cents.

why would a guy who has failed in two previous stops as a head coach be considered again....they will probably add Norv Turner to the list too

has a failed retread coach ever worked out?

Some guy by the name of Bill Bellichek comes to mind. I wonder if Jerry Gray would be considered

I'd be a little hesitant to refer to a guy with a 48-39 career record as a failure.

While the jury is still out on Jauron (I like him...), I would take Wade Phillips to coach the Bills, over anyone who has been in Buffalo since he was fired...Wade gets way too bad a rap...

why would a guy who has failed in two previous stops as a head coach be considered again....they will probably add Norv Turner to the list too

has a failed retread coach ever worked out?

that's how marv levy was characterized when he came here.

I haven't read it anywhere but to me the best candidate to that could be Norm Chow. Of course I think he'd have to find a strong D coordinator to allow the defense to not completely fall apart and maybe how things shake up in Pittsburgh they could go with Dick LeBeau to fill that role if Chow wants to continue to play the 3-4. Just my two cents.

I know that when the Arizona job opened up, most people thought Chow was the natural choice (reunite him with his QB, and lots of nice offensive weapons to play with!), but I heard more than one "insider" (for what that is worth) mention that there is a perception, amongst NFL teams brass, that Chow does not have the temperment to be an NFL headcoach....

I'd be a little hesitant to refer to a guy with a 48-39 career record as a failure.

NS, his "failure" in Buffalo is that he only went 29-19 and took the Bills to the playoffs in 2 out of his 3 seasons as Head Coach. I wish we could experience that kind of "failure" again.

Teddy Bruschi will coach the Cowboys and also lead the Patriots to the Super Bowl. It will be the first time a player coach from opposite teams face each other in the Super Bowl!!!

NS, his "failure" in Buffalo is that he only went 29-19 and took the Bills to the playoffs in 2 out of his 3 seasons as Head Coach. I wish we could experience that kind of "failure" again.

Pretty good coach, but made a mistake saying we didn't have a chance at the playoffs before the Jets Sunday night game. I'll never forget that.

Yes it was a Monday night game against the Colts and the Bills had a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs. It was wrong of him to say that, but way overblown.

He was a great head coach, with his main mistake being the hiring of Ronnie Jones as ST coach. Were it not for Ralph Wilson, he would have cut ties with Rob Johnson much earlier.

Wasn't it a Monday night game against the Colts?

Yes it was a Monday night game against the Colts and the Bills had a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs. It was wrong of him to say that, but way overblown.

He was a great head coach, with his main mistake being the hiring of Ronnie Jones as ST coach. Were it not for Ralph Wilson, he would have cut ties with Rob Johnson much earlier.

Yeah and the Colts who had the same record as we did going into the game and of course they went onto win their next two after beating us and actually made the playoffs. :worthy:

"I would take Wade Phillips to coach the Bills, over anyone who has been in Buffalo since he was fired...Wade gets way too bad a rap..."

Wade is not a head coach. He can't keep things under control. He allowed the RJ/Flutie thing to divide the team. He doesn't take criticism well, and he did not give 'squat' about special teams. He was a decent game day coach... that's all all give him credit for as a HC

I will laugh my ass off if he becomes the next HC in Dallas... handling TO, Terry Glenn... that will be a great side show.