Bills not actively shopping McGahee, but...

Brand J

Taken from Profootball Weekly, so who knows what its worth -

Following on the heels of some uncomplimentary comments about Buffalo in an interview in the current issue of Penthouse magazine, and the news that McGahee has fathered three children with three different women in the past two years, it appears as if RB Willis McGahee has further alienated a Bills brain trust that places a big emphasis on high character and morals. Add in the fact that agent Drew Rosenhaus has mentioned the desire to extend McGahee’s deal, which expires following the 2007 season, and word is the Bills are going to make addressing their RB situation a top priority this offseason. We hear the Bills are not likely to shop McGahee but that they would consider a trade offer if it were proposed to them. To give up McGahee, Buffalo would expect a first-round pick plus one of the following: a player, a late-round draft pick this year or a future draft pick.

Rumors

Taken from Profootball Weekly, so who knows what its worth -

Following on the heels of some uncomplimentary comments about Buffalo in an interview in the current issue of Penthouse magazine, and the news that McGahee has fathered three children with three different women in the past two years, it appears as if RB Willis McGahee has further alienated a Bills brain trust that places a big emphasis on high character and morals. Add in the fact that agent Drew Rosenhaus has mentioned the desire to extend McGahee’s deal, which expires following the 2007 season, and word is the Bills are going to make addressing their RB situation a top priority this offseason. We hear the Bills are not likely to shop McGahee but that they would consider a trade offer if it were proposed to them. To give up McGahee, Buffalo would expect a first-round pick plus one of the following: a player, a late-round draft pick this year or a future draft pick.

Rumors

I was trusting it till that last sentence. That is too high a price. Even if it may just be an opening stand in a negotiation, it sounds too outlandish. I wouldn't price my hot dog at $20 knowing that all I am going to get $ 5 for it - everyone knows it is a hot dog and they can go down the street to get an equally good looking one for $5 without having to bother with negotiating the price.

We hear the Bills are not likely to shop McGahee but that they would consider a trade offer if it were proposed to them. To give up McGahee, Buffalo would expect a first-round pick plus one of the following: a player, a late-round draft pick this year or a future draft pick.

In other words, the Bills are not entertaining any trade offers for McGahee.

This is probably giving them too much credit, but I imagine it went like this:

PFW: Are you going to trade McGahee?

Marv: No - we expect him to be back next season.

PFW: But what if someone gave you a first round pick, and another one in 2008?

Marv: Well, of course we'd do it then. We'd also be willing to trade McGahee for Peyton Manning, LaDanian Tomlinson, and the Bears Defense in an arrangement where he plays five games for each team.

PFW: RUMOR ALERT!!

Marv: Well, of course we'd do it then. We'd also be willing to trade McGahee for Peyton Manning, LaDanian Tomlinson, and the Bears Defense in an arrangement where he plays five games for each team.

:thumbsup: Hilarious :pirate:

I actually know the guy who owns Pro Football Weekly, his name is Hub Arkish and his son was my roomate in college. My old roomate now works for PFW. Good people but anyone of us could sit down and talk football with these guys and find out they don't know much more, if any, about the game than does a diehard fan. Still don't mind my free subscription to the publication though.

I actually know the guy who owns Pro Football Weekly, his name is Hub Arkish and his son was my roomate in college. My old roomate now works for PFW. Good people but anyone of us could sit down and talk football with these guys and find out they don't know much more, if any, about the game than does a diehard fan. Still don't mind my free subscription to the publication though.

Actually Levy and Arkush have a very good relationship-

and due to this I have been putting a bit more stock in their Bills comments-

not sure if it is warranted yet.

ha ha very nice, cant see them making that deal tho.....

Actually Levy and Arkush have a very good relationship-

and due to this I have been putting a bit more stock in their Bills comments-

not sure if it is warranted yet.

i can't recall pfw being wrong yet about the bills in the past year or so. btw, chris brown, who presumably knows what he's talking about, said nearly the same thing about the bills' willingness to trade WM last week. where there's smoke, there's often fire.

i can't recall pfw being wrong yet about the bills in the past year or so. btw, chris brown, who presumably knows what he's talking about, said nearly the same thing about the bills' willingness to trade WM last week. where there's smoke, there's often fire.

I agree.

Arkush is a big admirer of Jauron also.

When Donahoe was here I had to read Lenny P.'s tip sheet every week to find out what Donahoe was leaking.

Under the Levy regime....now it's Pro Football Weekly. They are not flashy- but at least they aren't full of sh-- either!

I agree.

Arkush is a big admirer of Jauron also.

When Donahoe was here I had to read Lenny P.'s tip sheet every week to find out what Donahoe was leaking.

Under the Levy regime....now it's Pro Football Weekly. They are not flashy- but at least they aren't full of sh-- either!

That is very true, I went out to dinner with their family soon after Jauron was fired in Chicago and Hub was pretty upset. He also didn't like the Lovie Smith signing. He and Jauron are very close though.