soooooooo.....

DCM

I pretty much read most of the opinions on the hiring of Cam Cameron as head coach of the Fins.....typical trashing of Cameron I expected.

But...I do have a question for those of you who have said this hiring is great news for Bills' fans......Is or was there a coach available that in your opinion would NOT BE great news for Bills fans.

Some names mentioned as possible candidates:

Ron Rivera DC/ Bears

Brian Schottenheimer OC/Jets

Jim Mora Jr. HC/Falcons

Chan Gailey HC/Georgia Tech

Mike Shula HC/Alabama

Mike Martz OC/Lions

Ken Whisenhunt OC/Stillers

Mike Tomlin DC/Vikings

Dom Capers DC/Fins

I found it very interesting the Fins offered Capers a BIG $ contract extension to stay with the Fins as their DC, while the man most of you would like to see get the HC job (MEATHEAD) wasn't even considered as the next HC. I have a feeling Mike's days might be numbered in Miami. I think they may keep him to help the offense transition into the new one, but after that....buh bye.

I do believe Cameron's offensive expertise is why he was chosen. The feeble Fin's offense this year was a big deciding factor in who would be the next to lead the Fins.

Mike Martz would be the best for you guys since you have a great D and 0 offense.

I would have liked to see Martz as well.....but as someone pointed out awhile back, Martz's offenses are always near the bottom of the NFL in rushing attempts year in and year out...with the way this division is set up, you have to be able to run the ball in December and January....

besides, all I've ever heard about Martz is what an arrogant SOB he is....

I would have liked to see Martz as well.....but as someone pointed out awhile back, Martz's offenses are always near the bottom of the NFL in rushing attempts year in and year out...with the way this division is set up, you have to be able to run the ball in December and January....

besides, all I've ever heard about Martz is what an arrogant SOB he is....

Well Mularky would be perfect for Martz. :thumbsup:

We were where you are 3 years ago when the Bills hired Mularkey. We thought the defense was great and that they needed an offensive-minded HC to get the offense up to speed. Needless to say that it didn't work. And Cameron's record as a HC at Indiana should scare the hell out of you, if his play-calling last weekend didn't already.

And the Dolphins have nowhere NEAR the talent on offense that the Chargers do, while the Dols' defense is aging rapidly.

I agree with you on Martz, though.

I pretty much read most of the opinions on the hiring of Cam Cameron as head coach of the Fins.....typical trashing of Cameron I expected.

But...I do have a question for those of you who have said this hiring is great news for Bills' fans......Is or was there a coach available that in your opinion would NOT BE great news for Bills fans.

Ron Rivera DC/ Bears

Jim Mora Jr. HC/Falcons

Mike Shula HC/Alabama

Mike Martz OC/Lions

Mike Tomlin DC/Vikings

Dom Capers DC/Fins

I found it very interesting the Fins offered Capers a BIG $ contract extension to stay with the Fins as their DC, while the man most of you would like to see get the HC job (MEATHEAD) wasn't even considered as the next HC. I have a feeling Mike's days might be numbered in Miami. I think they may keep him to help the offense transition into the new one, but after that....buh bye.

I do believe Cameron's offensive expertise is why he was chosen. The feeble Fin's offense this year was a big deciding factor in who would be the next to lead the Fins.

I agree there weren't a lot of great candidates out there. I liked Whisenhunt, Riveria, and my sleeper pick, Tomlin. Guys in their 40s who could add some fire.

And I will definitely credit Cameron with a good job in SD. However, he had the best RB, FB, TE in addition to 2 pro bowl linemen and 2 pro bowl QBs. While you can argue that it was coaching, he was blessed with some very talented players. Personally, I would like to see a guy have success as a head coach. Saban was a great college coach and Jauron was a former coach of the year. But asa fin fan, I would just try and conivnce myself that this was the best guy for the job. Personally, I think you guys are doomed. :thumbsup:

I have a feeling Mike's days might be numbered in Miami. I think they may keep him to help the offense transition into the new one, but after that....buh bye.

That seems to be the clear writing on the wall- it'll be interesting if he follows his self-appointed "early retirement" in Buff with another one in Miami.

I don't have any strong feelings on Cameron, but I would (with some glee) point out that he was a "co-conspirator" in the 4th and 11 questions from last weeks game.

Of the list metioned, I would consider the following better than the guy you ended up with: Schottenheimer (he did impressive things with a much less talented team than Cameron did in SoCal), Martz (he has the experience the stinkin' fish need if they have any hope of moving forward quickly), and Whisenhunt (he can figure out ways to use your RBs, which Meathead was unable to do and Cameron may not be able to do).

Ron Rivera DC/ Bears

Rivera is a hot candidate but i don't know if he's ready to be a HC. He may be another John Fox or another Greggg Williams

Not ready for prime time

Jim Mora Jr. HC/Falcons

The best choice on this list. A good coach who got stuck with a crappy owner and a punt catcher playing QB

Bills fans would love to see Gailey coach the Dolphins. Dolphin fans probably wouldn't like so much

Mike Shula HC/Alabama

Shula was a courtesy interview, nothing more

Mike Martz OC/Lions

Pass wacky offensive coordinator who has no business being a HC. Too bad Kevin Gilbride got promoted to OC in New York, the phins could have picked him up as QB coach...Martz/Meathead/Killdrive would be freakin hillarious

Another not ready for primetime player

Mike Tomlin DC/Vikings

Another not ready for primetime player

Dom Capers DC/Fins

A functional head coach, mediocre but still functional. Not gonna totally suck and lose 10+ games, but conversely not going to be a good team with 10+ wins either

That seems to be the clear writing on the wall- it'll be interesting if he follows his self-appointed "early retirement" in Buff with another one in Miami.

I don't have any strong feelings on Cameron, but I would (with some glee) point out that he was a "co-conspirator" in the 4th and 11 questions from last weeks game.

Agreed. Mularkey's fast regressing toward a position as coach of Tight Ends at a Junior College somewhere.

Here's a shot of him taken with Wickey Williams in the off season practicing some plays he drew up: Mikey Likes It!

Ron Rivera DC/ Bears - could mean stagnant quo.

Brian Schottenheimer OC/Jets - JESTS wouldn't want to part with him - they're mad about the boy.

Jim Mora Jr. (former) HC/Falcons - He's just immature enough to do something really stoopid - like calling the owner "Pineapple face!" during the job interview to well, his pineapple face.

Chan Gailey HC/Georgia Tech - "Oooh! Ahh! Oooh! Ahh! That's the sound of the man working on the chain ga-a-ang!" Why take a demotion?

Mike Shula HC/Alabama - Too incestious to contemplate. Papa Don don't wanna see Jr. flop in the ancestral home. Real bad for his ego.

Mike Martz OC/Lions - Martian Chronicles that one. He's never apologized to Dick Vermiel for taking all the credit when he took over @ St. Louie and won the SB. Plus, he cut the best Assistant Coach he ever had - Bobby April.

Ken Whisenhunt OC/Stillers - I think he'd have been a good pick. Kinda glad he didn't get the job. He'll be bitter for years - which might mean more Dieami losses.

Mike Tomlin DC/Vikings - Right. He shows up wearing purple and the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy crowd in South Beach claws his eyes out. Season tickets plummet. Wrong!

Dom Capers DC/Fins - He's the princess in waiting. The glass slipper didn't fit this time around. Old Pineapple Face is following in his buddy Danny Sneeder's steps by overpaying for a DC he hopes will stick around long enough to be of some use–eventually.

Mike Martz OC/Lions - Martian Chronicles that one. He's never apologized to Dick Vermiel for taking all the credit when he took over @ St. Louie and won the SB. Plus, he cut the best Assistant Coach he ever had - Bobby April.

Martz didn't win that Super Bowl vs Tennessee. Vermeil was still HC

Ron Rivera DC/ Bears

Jim Mora Jr. HC/Falcons

Mike Shula HC/Alabama

Mike Martz OC/Lions

Mike Tomlin DC/Vikings

Dom Capers DC/Fins

Hand the ball to LT. I have just shown the offensive expertise that Cameron was supposed to have. He didn't act on that expertise last week in the second half though.

for what it's worth in considering meatheads future in miami, cameron has stated that he, not mularkey would assume playcalling duties next year

Ouch. That's gotta sting.

As for Cam, DCM, ask Big 10/11 watchers what they thought of his work at IU. Yeah, yeah, it was Indiana (we have a football team?) University, but IMO he coached down to the level of his (lack of) talent and badly mis-handled the Randle-El situation in AR-E's senior year...

Ron Rivera DC/ Bears

Jim Mora Jr. HC/Falcons

Mike Shula HC/Alabama

Mike Martz OC/Lions

Mike Tomlin DC/Vikings

Dom Capers DC/Fins

Whisenhunt or maybe Martz.

Capers? How many times does this guy have to be a HC before people realize he sucks as a HC

Shula? As a Bills fan, he would have been my second choice for a Dolphins HC, right after Meat Head

Mora? Saban dumps the Dolphins to go back to college, and the Phins interviewed the guy who publicly stated he would jump at the chance to coach his college alma mater, even if it meant leaving the pro team in the middle of a playoff hunt. Wayne must be a masochist

But it will not matter who the HC is. The Dolphins are in chaos.

The play makers on defense are old, and the young starters scare nobody.

Other than Ronnie Brown and maybe Chambers, everybody else on the offensive side can be easily replaced.

That includes Culpepper, who, for lack a of tackful phrase, is :D stupid.

Then on top of that, Cam is not even allowed to pick his own assistants? (Capers contract was extended before Cam signed)

The Dolphins are so screwed. :D

What does it say about your team when your DC makes more than your HC?

Well....to me, it means that Dom Capers must be a good DC who might be in demand if the Fins had to make him the highest paid assistant in the NFL to keep him.

I think it means WH did a good job of retaining Capers as a "security" blanket so Cameron wouldn't be over-whelmed with responsibility as so many other successful coordinators who couldn't make the transition to HC, even AFTER being proven coordinators. (Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey )

It means Wayne Huizenga isn't a cheap bastard.

It means the Fins seem to want to maintain their defense while re-tooling the offense.

It means Cam Cameron is a 1st year Head Coach who prolly has to prove himself to get paid more in the future.

IMO.....even though Cam is THE HC, Dom will have most of the power on the defensive side of the ball. From what I've read, Cam will concentrate on the Offense and along with the GM (Randy Mueller) will determine draft strategy.

btw...I believe that Hudson Houck maybe the highest paid O-Line Coach in the league too....

Houck and Capers are the only two who are definately coming back next season. Other assistants are being interviewed to determine their status is what I have read.

Martz didn't win that Super Bowl vs Tennessee. Vermeil was still HC

WHAT?????????????

Martz wasn't the HC that brought St. Looie their one and only title?!!!!!!

I'm stunned.

Has anybody told Martz that yet?

God, he's going to be bummed when he finds out.